Where Would You Rank Ryan If He Wins The Superbowl?

THE ICEMAN

Where would you rank Ryan if he win the Superbowl?

Man this is tough because a lot of people like to say well Rodgers is by far the most talented in his abillty to scramble and throw over Brady or Manning which you wright but you could also say that Mike Vick and RG3 are in a class of there own or even Cam or Kapernick to in just talent and what they could be.

My take on it is when you get to the level that Brady,Both Manning's,Rodger's,Big Ben is at it then becomes well who has more talent around them rather than who's the most talented.

And if Ryan gets the Job done this year he in my opinion has the most talent around him in Jones and White,TG,Rodger's and likely more weapon's to come for him in next season two in terms of a LT,TE and RB.

And if Ryan does indeed win it he starting to pile up some pretty big stats career wise two.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would you rank Ryan if he win the Superbowl?

Man this is tough because a lot of people like to say well Rodgers is by far the most talented in his abillty to scramble and throw over Brady or Manning which you wright but you could also say that Mike Vick and RG3 are in a class of there own or even Cam or Kapernick to in just talent and what they could be.

My take on it is when you get to the level that Brady,Both Manning's,Rodger's,Big Ben is at it then becomes well who has more talent around them rather than who's the most talented.

And if Ryan gets the Job done this year he in my opinion has the most talent around him in Jones and White,TG,Rodger's and likely more weapon's to come for him in next season two in terms of a LT,TE and RB.

And if Ryan does indeed win it he starting to pile up some pretty big stats career wise two.

He jumps into the conversation with Manning, Brady and Rodgers as the elite. Bree's slipped bad this year with all the ints and sloppy yet gaudy numbers--one has to wonder if he has declined a bit.

Big Ben is a winner, but never really been in elite statistically category. Ala Eli. Ryan from a pure passer function has been better than they were career wise. Not SB.

I think Ryan has exceeded Rivers and easily surpassed Flacco who he'll be linked too. Be interesting to watch Luck, RG3 and Wilson as their career progresses. Ditto with Romo. Ryan better leader easily

Consider that Ryan's regular season numbers are elite now. In terms of winning. He has 18k yds. Over 90 rating, 126 TDs vs 60 ints 2 to 1) and a 63% completion. Project that to 15 years you are talking 45k yd passing and 300 TDs--add in at least 1 SB win that is HOF material and greatest Falcon QB ever. Not bad for a noodle armed gawky BC QB

Oh, yeah and about 160 victories

he'll be ranked number 7. playoff and superbowl status is soo 2011. scrambling, now that's elite.

wait, ryans scrambling?

scramblings soo 2011.. making silly poses after first downs are elite.

Ryan does scramble but not like Rodgers. I'd actually like to see him take of more kind of like he did in that Detroit game. He could actually slow down a pass rush if he was hitting for 7 or 8 yard chucks thats why Rodgers killed us a few years ago he'd just take of or by more time.

I'd have Ryan behind Brady and Manning not Rodgers because if Ryan wins a superbowl he's really the more acomplished QB

Where did all this 'elite QB' nonsense get started? Football is the ultimate team sport. Any quarterback who wins the SuperBowl is part of a champion; they do nothing without help from the team.

Trent Dilfer is a SuperBowl winner. Did you consider him 'elite'? Yeah, even his mom knows he stunk.

Dan Marino never won the big one, so that means he wasn't one of the greatest QBs ever, I guess.

But Bob Greise did win it all on an undefeated team, so that makes him by definition THE GREATEST QB TO EVER PLAY FOOTBALL.

The Falcons could win the SuperBowl with Ryan going 13/46 104yds 0TD 4int. They could also lose it with him going 44/52 488yds 6TD 0int. Would having the greatest SuperBowl in history on a losing team make him one of the 'elites'?

Nothing is black and white in football. Except the refs clothes.

Where did all this 'elite QB' nonsense get started? Football is the ultimate team sport. Any quarterback who wins the SuperBowl is part of a champion; they do nothing without help from the team.

Trent Dilfer is a SuperBowl winner. Did you consider him 'elite'? Yeah, even his mom knows he stunk.

Dan Marino never won the big one, so that means he wasn't one of the greatest QBs ever, I guess.

But Bob Greise did win it all on an undefeated team, so that makes him by definition THE GREATEST QB TO EVER PLAY FOOTBALL.

The Falcons could win the SuperBowl with Ryan going 13/46 104yds 0TD 4int. They could also lose it with him going 44/52 488yds 6TD 0int. Would having the greatest SuperBowl in history on a losing team make him one of the 'elites'?

Hard to argue with this. ^

Not really. I read once that if you took away the starting QB where would the team be is the litmus stick. Griese is not elite. He got hurt and Morrall picked up the slack. His HOF candidacy was a debated topic. Bradshaw's steelers stunk without him.

I shed a single manly tear

No one never said Ryan was are isn't elite. But at the same time the thing that separates a guy like Ryan from a guy Like Rodgers is the Superbowl ring that Rodgers has.

And isn't that why most people have Brady ahead of Mannning? 3 rings to 1.

Because winning the big game does have a impact on how you are viewed as a player

I guess I'm just trying to say too much emphasis is placed on ranking qbs when there are just too many variables in my opinion. Everyone's swooning over Andrew Luck but there are QB rankings that show him actually being worse then Jake Locker. I guess that's all I'm getting at, that there are too many ways to look at what makes a great QB.

Vick carried the Falcons on his back literally in 2008. Was he 'elite'? He couldn't read a defense if he'd stolen the other team's playbook.

Ryan just goes onto the list of the Good QB's that have won a SB.

Folks, this will only make Ryan a perennial player in the NFL, and

that is more than fine because unlike Brady, Stafford, Brees; Ryan

is not out chasing records.

Look at Brady and Brees

These guys just pad their stats, because they are self absorbed players.

This is why you get the comparrisons of Ryan to Manning.

I don't see how he could be ranked higher than Brady, Peyton, Rodgers or Brees. Maybe he can eventually pass all of them but not in 2012.

If Ryans win it all He's got to be ahead of Rodgers and Brees. Brees has sat at home to much in Jan. during his Career and Rodgers on the other hand is winless in the postseason outside of that "great superbowl run" as they call it that could change this year though.

Ryan just goes onto the list of the Good QB's that have won a SB.

Folks, this will only make Ryan a perennial player in the NFL, and

that is more than fine because unlike Brady, Stafford, Brees; Ryan

is not out chasing records.

Look at Brady and Brees

These guys just pad their stats, because they are self absorbed players.

This is why you get the comparrisons of Ryan to Manning.

I will say have you looked at Ryans career stats? He's really starting to pile up pretty big numbers he's very close to Peyton Manning stats threw 5 seasons and has won more games.

Or the fact that not only does he have more wins than any other QB he also has more 4 Quarter combacks or game winning drives sense being pick by the Falcons. The Only thing that Ryan really lacks is some postseason success.

The problem you have on this board is that they tell you that the ONLY thing that matters is WINS --yet they ignore Wins when they rank and go with other criteria. (that each ranker selects seperately)

When you follow the board rules and rank by WINS they laugh at you.

So do not say rank unless you specify the ranking criteria.

wins or yards or TDs or YPA etc -- what should I judge by?

Not in the super elite tier (Brady, Peyton, Rodgers)

Brees was in that tier before this year, but has been a little down in 2012. Still, got to respect the body of work.

I'd put Matt in the Ben/Eli tier (other SB winners) but at the top of that tier would be my ranking. So 5th.

You do know Rodgers outside of his superbowl year hasn't done anything in the postseason either two one and done games.

If Ryan gets the Job done he should at the least be on Rodgers level not to mention Ryan could knock him out this year in the NFC championship game.