Ex-Falcon Ray Edwards Reportedly Works Out With Seahawks

Guvmintcheeze

Ex-Falcon Ray Edwards reportedly works out with Seahawks

The Seattle Seahawks might not be done stocking up for their voyage into the NFC playoffs.

The team worked out free-agent pass rusher Ray Edwards on Monday, one month after the defensive end was released by the Atlanta Falcons, according to Matt Barrows of The Sacramento Bee.

Edwards also worked out earlier this month for the San Francisco 49ers, according to reports, but Seattle's NFC West rival made no move to sign the 27-year-old defender.

The Falcons gave up on after Edwards he recorded only nine tackles and zero sacks through nine games this season.

FOX Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reported last month the Falcons also lost patience with Edwards after he refused to join a team gathering following Atlanta's Week 10 loss to the New Orleans Saints. This reportedly took place with Falcons owner Arthur Blank and general manager Thomas Dimitroff present and contributed to the player's release, as did the emergence of Falcons end Kroy Biermann.

Being out of work can do wonders for one's attitude toward a potential employer, and Edwards would likely jump at the chance to join Seattle's young and athletic defensive line. Whether the Seahawks will bite remains to be seen.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.

Edited by Guvmintcheeze

Yeah, the Hawks really need to add a non-contributor on the field and a cancer to the locker room for their play-off run. Bring'em home Pete Carroll!!

I hope the seahags sign him and start him! If the Falcons face them in the playoffs well know which direction to run the ball in with No Play Ray out there that's for sure!!

If joins them I bet he produces but not because of his skills but the system. Just like before he join the Falcons.

Ain't gonna help him being a cancer in the locker room. And BTW it was not the system that made him look good in MN, it was playing opposite Jared Allen while he was wreaking havoc that made him look good. Now he can go model superman underroos and get his sorry azz beat down a boxing ring. And his silly-azz bro-hawk too.

Ain't gonna help him being a cancer in the locker room. And BTW it was not the system that made him look good in MN, it was playing opposite Jared Allen while he was wreaking havoc that made him look good. Now he can go model superman underroos and get his sorry azz beat down a boxing ring. And his silly-azz bro-hawk too.

Sorry when I stated system I should have said the guys he was playing with.

Could it be for what he knows not his ability?

Edwards says: "Nolan looks at your film and plans to stop the stuff you do. You guys got a rook' at QB, so you ain't gotta worry about that mushy amoeba stuff. You'll get the straight zone blitz looks with a safety in the box a lot 'cause of ole beast mode over there. WIth RBs like that they took me off the field so be ready for the exotic 3 tackle look."

Carroll asks his DE: "Remind me, why did we buy this genius a plane ticket?"