What Rb's Do You Have Ranked Highest ?

Adam25

I'm going through runningback's right now and currently the top runningback I'd want the falcons to draft is Standford's Stepfan Taylor he's 5'11 215, big bruiser who punishes tackler's and has some move's as well. After that I got a late grade on Montee Ball @ round 3-4, Jacob Lacy at 2-3. Gio Bernard is going to go in the first and I don't think we should waste a first on that position, I'd rather get a pass rusher or OL, just want to know your thoughts !

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I just really like Gillislee. I would like Gio but he will probably go in the first and I agree we shouldn't use our first round pick on a running back. Lacy is a nice back to and Ball is too, but they also benefit from GREAT o line play.

Gillislee is a guy I like as well, I just think he will improve his draft stock by having a good combine and a wicked senior bowl week, by all means if he's their in the late second or third I think we should grab him. The more I watch Stepfan Taylor from Stanford the more I want him, I was huge on Ball and still am but so far I like Taylor the best.

Gillislee is a guy I like as well, I just think he will improve his draft stock by having a good combine and a wicked senior bowl week, by all means if he's their in the late second or third I think we should grab him. The more I watch Stepfan Taylor from Stanford the more I want him, I was huge on Ball and still am but so far I like Taylor the best.

I like Taylor too my only concern is how is his speed. I want a guy who can make quick cuts and hit the hole quick because Turner SURELY can't.

Just watched some more tape of Gillislee. I really REALLY want him in Atlanta now. I hope he slips to the 2nd or 3rd which RBs have a tendency to do at times.

They do, but I think Gillislee will have a really good combine and can be an early second or late first pick depends on where GIO goes.

Stepfan Taylor's current 40 time is 4.57 which the exact same as Matt Forte, can you say scary resemblance? lol the more tape I watch on this kid the more I want him in Red and Black, he can be an every down back and catch the ball WELL out of the back field, we may have to use our late second on him as he wouldn't be their with our late 3rd. But if TD likes him and so does mike smith we should take him in the late second !

Stepfan Taylor's current 40 time is 4.57 which the exact same as Matt Forte, can you say scary resemblance? lol the more tape I watch on this kid the more I want him in Red and Black, he can be an every down back and catch the ball WELL out of the back field, we may have to use our late second on him as he wouldn't be their with our late 3rd. But if TD likes him and so does mike smith we should take him in the late second !

Hmmm. The 40 time may be same but that's about where I see the similarity end between Stephen Taylor and Matt Forte... I like Taylor alright but I just don't see a RB there which is capable of threatening a D with a home run; Forte does that. Taylor, to me, is a bigger Quizz but without the wiggle/quicks. I want a complmentary RB (either bruiser or speed/elusiveness) not a clone. That said, if we got Taylor late in the 3rd i would not protest it. I agree that would be a good pick in that spot and I can see Falcons being a good fit for him, just not preference RB. I'd prefer Gillislee is same spot for example, or taking Gio Bernard earlier. Or perhaps getting Lacy also.

I'm betting Taylor runs a 4.50 at the combine. He looks faster on field than 4.57.

I'm betting Taylor runs a 4.50 at the combine. He looks faster on field than 4.57.

He does to me as well, I think he has great game speed and a lot of power, he can also make a defender miss with jukes, and just trucking someone, love his size and versatility.