Has Anyone Noticed The Redzone Chemistry Between Jj And Matt Ryan?

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Nope have not noticed those amazing catches.

all joking aside. Matt has good chemistry with Tony and white. Sure Julio had that great catch at the Detroit game.......but Tony had a hard catch in the giants game (and I believe if Tony had not made that catch, falcons would have not put up as many points and giants would have got fg, instead of try on every fourth down. which would have been a closer game)

I think Matt in general is trusting his guys more to make plays when they are covered. In the past he'd check down to whoever is wide open. Now he's realizing with his weapons, one-on-one is open.

I think he has had that trust with Roddy and Tony for a while now. Roddy had been the most targeted receiver in the NFL the last few seasons prior to this one. Understandably he wasn't as familiar with Julio last year, but the chemistry is blossoming. Matt is definitely taking more chances down the field this season though, and having more success.

Matt is putting the ball in some really tight spots in the endzone and trusting JJ to make a play on it and he has not disappointed.

I was thinking about this the other day. I have heard that they practice the circus red zone catches with each other a lot. JJ just has insane ups , glad we are using it.

The Iceman has just gotten better with those throws, but I think he had to kind of wait til Julio got a little less dropsies with it b4 going his way more often. They've had chemistry before now, but Julio was either hurt or dropping passes. That's just stuff JJ had to grow past and stuff Matty had to wait on. He kind of went thru some of that with Roddy and now with all three, Julio, Gonzo, and Roddy on the same page - it's unstoppable!!

Edited by The Vent King