You Can Do It Luke!

falcndave

Well...no you can't...but anyway...

Our backup QB is Luke McCown. Everyone on these boards assumes it is Davis. I see "time to bring Davis in" late in game day thread. Anyway, I'm just making this post so the complaints can happen now and no one will be shocked when Davis sees only junk time late in the 4th.

Personally, I know McCown has won NFL games. That makes him a better option if you have to use a backup in the playoffs. That said, it is like saying a bicycle is better than walking when your Vette breaks down. Having worked in Koetter's system makes him the only viable choice...ouch...that hurt to say.

I know he sucked in Jax last year. But, to be honest, so did our OC. I guess 2007 showed he has had a clue at least once in his career.

Morale of this story: We don't have a backup QB. We need to find one. Davis=Shockley. We love the guy and want him to be an NFL QB...he just isn't, much like McClown (except for the we like him part).

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

I would like to see Davis.

But why bring him in......then Davis shows off really good......then the falcons will have to worry about cap space.

If it was a game that mattered, I'd say bring him in......but since it does not, I say nope.

Morale of this story: We don't have a backup QB. We need to find one. Davis=Shockley. We love the guy and want him to be an NFL QB...he just isn't, much like McClown (except for the we like him part).

Disagree, Sir Dave. Davis showed enough in preseason to effect the release of Redman and JPW, and they put him on the 53 because someone would have snatched him off the PS. I think he has talent and could become a viable backup here.

While I understand that McCown is the backup I think I'd like to see Davis get the majority of the snaps as he might have a future with us (either as a backup or trade bait) and I don't see McCown still being here more than two years. Davis has the better upside any way why not develop it when you can?

By the way how nice is it that we can lay back and make these decisions?

While I understand that McCown is the backup I think I'd like to see Davis get the majority of the snaps as he might have a future with us (either as a backup or trade bait) and I don't see McCown still being here more than two years. Davis has the better upside any way why not develop it when you can?

By the way how nice is it that we can lay back and make these decisions?

McCown cannot pass pretty much at all. If he were in we would only be handing off to Turner and crew. Why would anyone in their right mind want that right now? The thing about Davis is he showed he can actually pass. Calling him Shockley is a bit unwarranted.