Duck Dynasty

Guest facelessman07

Guest facelessman07

^Wow, glad Willie found his calling (not singing lol)

Cool to see him and Chipper in a vid together. Just found out a few months ago they were business partners

Si-ence Fiction!

Guest facelessman07

I watch it. My wife got upset at me the other day because I watched an episode without her.

I don't hunt though. sad.png Wish I did.

Ever taken a hunter's safety course? They're super easy. You can do it online now

Very good show, my wife loves it. Hate to sound like a buzz kill, but I really appreciate that the show is wholesome. They don't cuss, they promote family values and faith, end every show at the dinner table with a prayer, and they do it all without attempting to shove it down anyone's throat. I dig that.

My little brother met them at a convention not too long ago, he said they're exactly the same in real life.

Guest facelessman07

Haha the times they have "cussed" its been bleeped out, which is very rarely and very minor. But that's also what I appreciate about them, their faith. And just like you said, they don't shove it down your throat. When others do that, it only pushes people further away. Jesus wouldn't do it that way. The Robertsons are a good example of the way things should be.

Phil and Kay will be coming close to my hometown to speak and I'll definitely be there. Has anyone read the book Willie wrote about the family's history? You can get it on Amazon for like $15. Phil used to be a "hellraiser", and now he's got quite a testimony!

And that's not a buzzkill at all!! Glad you brought that up

Guest facelessman07

Hmmm. I might just have to look into that. Got one you'd recommend?

I was friends with a few hunters growing up, but never made it out with them. Now that I'm older and married, I have a wife that worries about guns.

What state do you live in? I believe the requirements vary depending on state. I had to take a North Carolina course and it only cost $20

And tell your wife that guns in the house = a safer house for her. Win-win!

Edited by facelessman07

Never enjoyed reality television. Apparently, this show is all the rave. I may check it out, though. I just despise reality tv.

I ******* hate reality tv because it puts the trashiest fringes of our society in trash inducing situations. This show is the opposite of that. The situations they come up with in each episode are super fake, but it's fun nonetheless.

What state do you live in? I believe the requirements vary depending on state. I had to take a North Carolina course and it only cost $20

And tell your wife that guns in the house = a safer house for her. Win-win!

I live in Colorado.

Trust me. I've given all the arguments. I even volunteered to put any guns in a safe inside of another safe and require a fingerprint scan to open it. Still no dice.

I think she's mostly worries about the kids getting ahold of them. I keep telling her that teaching them to respect the guns and not fear them is the best way to go about. Our landlord (also our neighbor) already has his 3 year old daughter shooting and knowing not to touch guns without supervision.

Guest facelessman07

I live in Colorado.

Trust me. I've given all the arguments. I even volunteered to put any guns in a safe inside of another safe and require a fingerprint scan to open it. Still no dice.

I think she's mostly worries about the kids getting ahold of them. I keep telling her that teaching them to respect the guns and not fear them is the best way to go about. Our landlord (also our neighbor) already has his 3 year old daughter shooting and knowing not to touch guns without supervision.

Your best bet is to google one and compare prices and see which course will better fit your needs/style of learning. They're super fun tho! Colorado is beautiful, I bet there's some good hunting there

As far as the gun situation, I definitely feel for ya man. Hopefully she can come around, I'm totally in agreement with your point of view. I firmly believe that kids should learn about responsible gun use at an early age

Edited by facelessman07

• 2 months later...