Seattle Is Our Biggest Threat

USAF HART

You can laugh at me now, but I promise you that Seattle will have a good run in the playoffs. Don't be surprised if we get them in the dome. Here are a few reasons why Seattle is a nightmare match up for us:

1.) They have a strong running game with Marshawn Lynch. Obviously the nack on our defense is our inability to stop the run. Lynch is a VERY good back who is a dual threat. On turf he only gets faster.

2.) Their corners match up EXTREMELY well against our receivers. Browner, Sherman and their safeties are all 6'0+. Our receivers will not be able to be very physical against them like we can do against other corners in the league. Also, the safety matchups don't let Tony take advantage of his size advantage either.

3.) Russell Wilson. Yes, he is a rookie, but in the NFL a rookie isn't really a bad thing. Take a look at some of the teams heading to the playoffs. Luck, RGIII, Andy Dalton, Russel Wilson and Kaepernick...All are either first or 2nd year QBs. Russell has a very strong arm and is pretty mobile in the pocket. Our pass rush hasn't been great this season and if Wilson has time in the pocket he can make us pay.

----

Thoughts?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so. We saw this exact team, other than Russell Wilson and took there defense on and won. Roddy and Julio had over 200 yards on Browner and Sherman. I understand the logic, but it didn't happen last year in Seattle. Our biggest threats are 49ers and Packers. Nobody else.

Green Bay is our biggest threat.

They are so one dimensional that I am not really worried about them. They are playing some good football right now, but they don't have a running game. We've played the Packers and have all the game film we need to fix our pass defense. I think we could actually beat Green Bay with ease.

I am confident we can go toe to toe with any team. We shut down Doug Martin when Bucs were the hottest team in the league. Browner is out and Sherman may be too. They haven't faced a WR tandem like we have. They may have size to help combat Gonzo, but they don't have the smarts/experience Gonzo has.

Defensively, we have Nolan. Enough said. Plus we ain't scared of nobody.

They are so one dimensional that I am not really worried about them. They are playing some good football right now, but they don't have a running game. We've played the Packers and have all the game film we need to fix our pass defense. I think we could actually beat Green Bay with ease.

I am with you on this. I think many people think GB is a threat because they want them to be because of what they did to us. Seattle and SF are the teams this year.

Wasn't it Green Bay that truly beat the Seahawks in Seattle? The replacement refs blew the call. I doubt the Seahawks pass the first round of the playoffs.

Funny how you don't mention the replacement refs calling a absolutely terrible PI against the Seahawks that lead to GB's only TD of the game. I considered it retribution for that call.

The seahawks are pretty good. We have had trouble with mobile QBs this year so Russel Wilson might be a problem. The good thing is that he isn't as big as Cam though. If we can get pressure we should be able to contain their offense. They don't have a dominant guy at WR. Rice isn't that great anymore.

You can laugh at me now, but I promise you that Seattle will have a good run in the playoffs. Don't be surprised if we get them in the dome. Here are a few reasons why Seattle is a nightmare match up for us:

1.) They have a strong running game with Marshawn Lynch. Obviously the nack on our defense is our inability to stop the run. Lynch is a VERY good back who is a dual threat. On turf he only gets faster.

2.) Their corners match up EXTREMELY well against our receivers. Browner, Sherman and their safeties are all 6'0+. Our receivers will not be able to be very physical against them like we can do against other corners in the league. Also, the safety matchups don't let Tony take advantage of his size advantage either.

3.) Russell Wilson. Yes, he is a rookie, but in the NFL a rookie isn't really a bad thing. Take a look at some of the teams heading to the playoffs. Luck, RGIII, Andy Dalton, Russel Wilson and Kaepernick...All are either first or 2nd year QBs. Russell has a very strong arm and is pretty mobile in the pocket. Our pass rush hasn't been great this season and if Wilson has time in the pocket he can make us pay.

----

Thoughts?

Our biggest threat is doubt...Seattle is very good but we are the veteran team! Tall CB's, mobile QB, etc... do not scare me as much as an empty, quiet Dome. They aren't as good on the road and we need to be loud from start to finish, if they make their way to Atlanta. That will be the deciding factor....