My Quick 3 Round Mock

Ga_spider

1st round: Alec Ogeltree.

Ogeltree is the type of linebacker we need that can blitz and cover big fast receivers like Graham and Jackson.

2nd round: Cordarrelle Patterson.

We could use this guy like a Sproles. He's got over 300 yards rushing and over 700 yards receiving. He's only played one year.

3rd round: Travis Frederick.

Skill-Set Summary: Just like Moffitt and Zeitler, Frederick is a road-grading run-blocker who is a physical force at the point of attack. He has the sheer power to push defensive tackles aside or drive block them straight out of their gap. The redshirt junior could suit up for an NFL game tomorrow and be an effective run-blocker.

Frederick has more mobility than one would expect. He does a nice job of getting downfield on screen passes and hitting blocks on smaller defenders. Frederick also has the ability to pull and hit blocks while moving in the box. Wisconsin has prepared him well with great technique. Moffitt took Frederick under his wing as a young player, and Frederick will enter the NFL as a well-developed prospect.

In pass protection, Frederick is a carbon copy of other Wisconsin interior linemen. Bull rushes do nothing against him. His base is simply too heavy and he has too much power to get pushed back. When defensive tackles try to bull rush him, they get stonewalled.

I like it because it is different unlike most of the other mocks on here which seem to be copy cats of each other. I like all three players and you definitely can never have enough weapons around Matt Ryan, especially with TG retiring. I also think Patterson might be the best kick returner in college football, which would be a huge upgrade over Franks.

The only thing is I think we need to add a pass rusher early.

I like it because it is different unlike most of the other mocks on here which seem to be copy cats of each other. I like all three players and you definitely can never have enough weapons around Matt Ryan, especially with TG retiring. I also think Patterson might be the best kick returner in college football, which would be a huge upgrade over Franks.

The only thing is I think we need to add a pass rusher early.

Thanks I was wanting to throw some different names out there.

Ogeltree will help with our pass rushing. He can get to the QB quickly. And remember Nolan expressed that he'd rather have 11 players with 1 sack than 1 player with 11 sacks. I think we are becoming a blitzing team rather than depending on our front four for pressure.

Edited by Ga_spider