So Super Cam Kicks A Player, Then Aggressively Bumps The Ref...hmmm

Des-pool

The litany of no.1 picks who are running QBs will forever be a sore spot in the NFL.

I think Cam is a monster football player who's career has just begun.

I think he puts a lot of pressure on himself to carry his team with his heart, the same way Steve Young did with pure heart in Tampa and the same way Mike Vick did with pure talent in Atlanta.

I really think Cam is battling with all he can to get his team where he needs it to be.

But like Steve Young and Mike Vick, neither really saw their potential til combined with a coach that could utilize all phases of it.

Cam is waiting for that connection to be made but he is no shrinking violet while he waits...

like Young and Vick before him, as a #1 draft choice, the pressure to deliver NOW weighs on him cause he was drafted for the skillset he brings to the game.

Previous #1 QBS like PManning, EManning, Aikman, Plunkett, Elway, Bradshaw all took a while to get their teams winning percentage significantly higher than what Cam has achieved.

All won multiple Super Bowls (beside Peyton)... but were traditional drop back passers.

None of them won it in their 1st year or 2nd year or even 3rd year.

Elway and Eli forced trades to avoid going to the "worst teams" and still didnt produce early

Cam has to do it with his skillset and in his timeframe... at this point, I am willing to be patient with the kid.

I really dont think most Carolina fans need him to win the 2013 Super Bowl or be a 2013 first ballot hall of famer

PS: NFLN had Cam miked up for Sound Effects broadcast last Sunday.

He is shown before the game having a very respectful conversation with the referee, then "truly in the heat of the moment" jumping down that referee's grill, and then during the game going to the referee and apologizing like a man.

At this point in his career, I wouldnt even look at his numbers to determine his progress

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000117296/Sound-FX-Cam-Newton

I already posted it but it goes against this Narrative that rival fans are trying to promote.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO it's not I've done the breakdown. Now you go do some actual work and refute it. Don't try and poat a link to a thread talking more about Cutler's Oline then the actual incident and think it flies. You're better then that I hope.

Nope, you said not one thread about cutler.

Matt Ryan Winning record.............. Scam Newton .. LOSING record.

Matt Ryan won nearly as many games on a bad toe as netwon has all year. AND he did it with Turner on the sideline about half the year

That is the difference.

Ryan is a leader. Newton is a chump. That has been proven OVER and OVER and OVER again.

and is evidence by Ryan being 3-1 vs the Scam lead panthers.

Using team stats to compare individual players makes you a loser in this debate and pretty much life in general. This is a Fall back tactic for Falcon fans when they can't compete with the facts being put in their faces. Then they want to bring up Head to Head record. When 1 is a 2nd year player leading a team who had the worst record when he joined the team. And the other is in his 4th season and has a team built around him. But again comparing indiviual stats doesn't work for them so they have to find other ways to help them make dumb points. Again this is the Ultimate Team game.

Using team stats to compare individual players makes you a loser in this debate and pretty much life in general. This is a Fall back tactic for Falcon fans when they can't compete with the facts being put in their faces. Then they want to bring up Head to Head record. When 1 is a 2nd year player leading a team who had the worst record when he joined the team. And the other is in his 4th season and has a team built around him. But again comparing indiviual stats doesn't work for them so they have to find other ways to help them make dumb points. Again this is the Ultimate Team game.

i tend to agree, qbs shouldn't take all the blame, but look at what happened to the colts. peyton leaves, they're horrible, luck enters, they're good again. qb is the central position. teams seem to rise and to their level

Nope, you said not one thread about cutler.

No I said not 1 thread about Cutler's incident and I was right.

This Thread you tried to sell us is about Cutler's bad Oline and his bad Game. Not about the incident.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3955384-jay-cutler-one-hot-piece-of-dog-squeeze/page__hl__cutler

" I won't admit I tried to pull a fast one or I didn't actually read the thread. That I tried to to use as Proof." "Now that you caught me I think it's better to stick with the stupidity instead of Man-ing -UP to the fact" "I was wrong".

That's what I got out of that post.

i tend to agree, qbs shouldn't take all the blame, but look at what happened to the colts. peyton leaves, they're horrible, luck enters, they're good again. qb is the central position. teams seem to rise and to their level

So what about better coaching. The other young Players stepping up. The weak schedule.

Show me how the offense has improve from this year to last? What was their rank last year on offense and how much better is it this year?

Also to make a counter point.

Steve Young wasn't a bad QB the Bucs were a bad Team.

Archie Manning wasn't a Bad QB the Saints were a bad team.

Trent Dilfer wasn't a good QB the Ravens were a good team.

So I can bring examples the other way. That's why wins and losses are team stats not individual stats.

So what about better coaching. The other young Players stepping up. The weak schedule.

Show me how the offense has improve from this year to last? What was their rank last year on offense and how much better is it this year?

Also to make a counter point.

Steve Young wasn't a bad QB the Bucs were a bad Team.

Archie Manning wasn't a Bad QB the Saints were a bad team.

Trent Dilfer wasn't a good QB the Ravens were a good team.

So I can bring examples the other way. That's why wins and losses are team stats not individual stats.

well sure, but honestly, who gives a crap about archie manning? who was that guy walsh coached with the bengals? he was pretty great, and i can't remember his name...auto something..

well sure, but honestly, who gives a crap about archie manning? who was that guy walsh coached with the bengals? he was pretty great, and i can't remember his name...auto something..

Just because you don't care about him doesn't mean he wasn't a good QB. I actually and this is JMO. Think Archie was a better QB then Bradshaw. Just didn't have the team around him.

Are you talking about Boomer or Anderson?

No I said not 1 thread about Cutler's incident and I was right.

This Thread you tried to sell us is about Cutler's bad Oline and his bad Game. Not about the incident.

http://boards.atlant...age__hl__cutler

" I won't admit I tried to pull a fast one or I didn't actually read the thread. That I tried to to use as Proof." "Now that you caught me I think it's better to stick with the stupidity instead of Man-ing -UP to the fact" "I was wrong".

That's what I got out of that post.

the thread discussed the incident, which is enough to count it as a thread about the incident according to the criteria you and nyg4 used in the other thread when trying to count the number of cam threads

so.... yeah.

NYG

you are the Only GMen Fan here

you rep your team pretty well

but with all due Respect

Maybe you should quit Hugging On Cams Nuts in Every Panther thread in RC.

Why? Let it not go without noting that 9 times out of 10 you are in a Cam thread before I am. I didn't even post in this thread until page three.

well, he is also on pace for 100 losses and zero playoff appearances in 10 years..... gonna be kinda hard to make the hof if you don't make the playoffs in 10 years.

Very True. That has to improve.

in you're attempt to convince me that im missing the point, you actually missed the point. which isn't surprising because I've yet to see you hit a point since you've been posting here. i love your determination though. because when im having a bad day, i can always count on a rc homer to clown on to remind me that despite my misfortunes, atleast there's someone in this world I'm smarter than. you've brightened up alot of bad days.

but to my point... cams media coverage is due to the reputation he's building for his attitude. if things had been quiet, probably wouldn't hear much..atleast for this season. but atleast for a year or two, everytime he looks at somebody weird...oh well there goes that cam again.

anyways, go back and read this thread again, i don't have time right now to repeat myself

Is "Cam bad attitude" what has him 5 national ad campaigns running concurrently? Or was it his play and high profile?

Are you seriously suggesting the only reason Cam gets any media coverage is because of his "bad attitude", so there is no one out there that cares about his play (good or bad)? Even you don't believe that. Cam's been in the media non-stop for 3 years. For everything from the Auburn scandals, the national championship, the heisman, his record breaking rookie year, his "sophmore slump", and most recently his "bad attitude". So, according to Syco the former 5 never happened and Cam's bad attitude is the ONLY reason he's ever been or will ever be in the media. Okay. laugh.png That must be the reality in that same bubble you live in where Ryan is as high profile as Cam.

Edited by NYG4

Even if you take away the fact of Newton acting like a jack*ss, he has yet to pilot his team to even a .500 record. Until he can accomplish that and beyond he is and will remain overrated. That ought to be simple enough logic for even moronic panties fans to understand.

So if he is so overrated why even discuss him? Aren't you helping the imagery rating scale (you've made up) by continuing this conversation?

*sigh*

No wonder Giant fans get such a bad rap.

Cams first "big passing " game

He was behind going late into the 4th vs the Cards and Packers

He was behind from the word 4 minutes into the game vs the bears

http://espn.go.com/n...ameId=311002003

But that is it..... he did not even pass for 300 yards in ANY other game a rookie. Teams figured him out

**** he did not enve break 200 the last 3 games of 2011

THIS year he has 3 , 300 yard passing games which he is 1-2 in.

So in 6 300+ passing games he is 1-5 and he was behind by ATLEAST 1 score by mid 4th.

So yeah . my point stands as valid. You are as about as good at this as the giants are playing defense...........which as we saw the last 2 weeks is pretty ******* pathetic.

According to you.

Look up all his big passing days and look at the score in all of those.

the VAST majority have come with the panthers down multiple scores.

So which one is it honey? Were they down by "multiple scores" or were they only down by one score?

It doesn't matter because you are wrong on both accounts. Since clearly these words aren't piercing through your head, I suppose pictures are in order.

Cam's first game V. Arizona.

23jpefo.jpg

As you can see the Panthers LED the whole game and going into the fourth quarter until 7:15 in the fourth quarter. After which point Cam passed for exactly 64 of his 422 yards.

So let's cross that one off the list.

Cam's second Game V. GB

2z5ku95.jpg

Okay, so Carolina held the lead until 12:23 in the third. It became a multiple score deficit at 0:57 in the third, after which time Cam passed for 193 of his 432 yards. So more than Half his yardage came when the Panthers were either leading or down by less than a touchdown. Cross that one off the list as well.

Chicago(2011), they were never down by more than a TD in that game. Cross that one off the list as well.

Tampa. They lost by less than a touchdown. Their biggest deficit in their fourth quarter was 9. No garbage time in this game either.

Chicago (2012) They led the ENTIRE GAME. Off the list

Philly They led the ENTIRE GAME. Off the list.

And some splits for good measure.

out of 7672 passing yards 6069 of his yards have come when the Panthers were either leading, tied or down by less than 2 scores. 3816 of those yards were when the Panthers were winning or tied. 2444 were when the panthers were down less than a touchdown. So of his almost 8000 yards passing, only 1412 were when the panthers were down by more than a score. So yeah, it's clear most of his stats were accumulated in "garbage time when the panthers were down by multiple scores". Or where you just "exaggerating" again? rolleyes.gif

According to you.

So which one is it honey? Were they down by "multiple scores" or were they only down by one score?

It doesn't matter because you are wrong on both accounts. Since clearly these words aren't piercing through your head, I suppose pictures are in order.

Cam's first game V. Arizona.

23jpefo.jpg

As you can see the Panthers LED the whole game and going into the fourth quarter until 7:15 in the fourth quarter. After which point Cam passed for exactly 64 of his 422 yards.

So let's cross that one off the list.

Cam's second Game V. GB

2z5ku95.jpg

Okay, so Carolina held the lead until 12:23 in the third. It became a multiple score deficit at 0:57 in the third, after which time Cam passed for 193 of his 432 yards. So more than Half his yardage came when the Panthers were either leading or down by less than a touchdown. Cross that one off the list as well.

Chicago(2011), they were never down by more than a TD in that game. Cross that one off the list as well.

Tampa. They lost by less than a touchdown. Their biggest deficit in their fourth quarter was 9. No garbage time in this game either.

Chicago (2012) They led the ENTIRE GAME. Off the list

Philly They led the ENTIRE GAME. Off the list.

And some splits for good measure.

out of 7672 passing yards 6069 of his yards have come when the Panthers were either leading, tied or down by less than 2 scores. 3816 of those yards were when the Panthers were winning or tied. 2444 were when the panthers were down less than a touchdown. So of his almost 8000 yards passing, only 1412 were when the panthers were down by more than a score. So yeah, it's clear most of his stats were accumulated in "garbage time when the panthers were down by multiple scores". Or where you just "exaggerating" again? rolleyes.gif

I don't see how this gets any clearer. You have to be a complete douchbag to keep arguing a fake point.

I don't see how this gets any clearer. You have to be a complete douchbag to keep arguing a fake point.

Easy, you change the point.

Initially All of Cam's yardage was discounted because they were down in every game.

That was proved false

Then he was just "exaggerating to make a point"

Called him out on that BS

Then Most of Cam's yardage came when the panthers were down "multiple scores"

Proved that wrong.

Now he's talking about only one score and not multiple scores.

Now that I've proved that false, I'm sure he's just be "exaggerating" again.

Great.

Then since 4 out of the last 5 games were wins, then we can all agree that Cam has improved in the only stat that matters over the course of a season.

Nope, the goalposts will be moved when it comes to Cam, then moved back when it comes to Ryan.