Hypothetical Rgiii Trade:

FalconsIn2012

Note: this does not involve Falcons or trading Ryan for RGIII:

After watching Kirk Cousins dominate last weekend, it got me to thinking of ways Washington could turn into a reincarnation of their Hogs from the 80's. I'll probably get flamed for being ignorant but I am just bored since the Falcons are not playing today. So here it goes...

RGIII is likely the most marketable young player in the league right now. He has all the intangibles which encapsulate a great leader. Robert is humble, intelligent, articulate and has the respect of everyone within the Redskins organization. So you are probably wondering what I smoked this morning to suggest a possible trade of the future of the franchise. Allow me to explain the logic...

RGIII is the future face of the NFL and his value is sky high. He represents a new revenue PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL for whatever team employing him. As such, teams will give up a significant amount to retain his services. And while Cousins will never be RGIII, if, and only if, he can perform on the same level as a Schaub (I think he can be better) and a team is willing to give up 1-2 quality starters and 2 #1 draft picks, a second and a third, the Skins could fill most of their holes and field a very young team which should be in a position to challenge for Championships year after year.

My logic: RGIII, like most mobile qb's, will take a beating over the years and does not have the physique to absorb the hits effectively. Also, after watching Cousins last week and against the Falcons, I am convinced he has a very bright future in the NFL and could be a pro bowl quarterback. In the long run I don't believe the drop off from Griffen to Cousins would be too significant. And RGIII's value is about as high as it could ever be right now. By making such a trade, the skins add 3-4 young, quality starters to their roster. Could very well be a good move for them....

Anyways, I am bored and was thinking about this while watching the Skins game I recorded. So if you feel I'm suffering some sort of brain damage for suggesting this, feel free to say so and move on. What do you think Skins could get in return for RGIII?

Discuss...

Edited by Falconsin2012

Oh Lawd,

///dis boi be done fell into da egnog and was renounced as brain daid!

Dude RG3 is the Franchise QB of the Redskins, he is not going anywhere.

Matt Ryan is the Face of the Falcons.

He is not going anywhere.

The thing with Peyton Manning was an unusual circumstance that

was to the Colts advantage, and Peytons.

I suggest coffee and food to sober up a bit.

This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

lol... About what I expected and I don't blame ya. I was simply drawing parallels between us during the Vick/Schaub years and the Skins in 2012. Had we traded Vick at the peak of his popularity and transitioned Schaub to starter, we could have addressed numerous holes and been a much better team as a whole. That being said, RGIII is a superior qb to Vick and is actually a leader.

So don't get me wrong, I am in no way hinting that RGIII is not going to be great. To the contrary, I think he will be every bit as good as most analysts think. I just also feel that Cousins could be extremely good, too. 330 yards last weekend along with 70% completion hints that I am right in that assessment.

But I guess it is foolish to trade a possible franchise quarterback. Just bored and thinking out loud. That's why I am a fan on not getting paid to make football decisions.

Sorry if I happened to offend everyone. I was just posing an idea. I now am cognizant of what it feels like to walk a mile in Swifts shoes.

lol... About what I expected and I don't blame ya. I was simply drawing parallels between us during the Vick/Schaub years and the Skins in 2012. Had we traded Vick at the peak of his popularity and transitioned Schaub to starter, we could have addressed numerous holes and been a much better team as a whole. That being said, RGIII is a superior qb to Vick and is actually a leader.

So don't get me wrong, I am in no way hinting that RGIII is not going to be great. To the contrary, I think he will be every bit as good as most analysts think. I just also feel that Cousins could be extremely good, too. 330 yards last weekend along with 70% completion hints that I am right in that assessment.

But I guess it is foolish to trade a possible franchise quarterback. Just bored and thinking out loud. That's why I am a fan on not getting paid to make football decisions.

Sorry if I happened to offend everyone. I was just posing an idea. I now am cognizant of what it feels like to walk a mile in Swifts shoes.

It's an interesting thought. Remember, the majority of this MB only thinks week to week. In spite of the number of teams who've gotten a new and capable QB in the last few seasons, this group thinks they are very rare. When you get one, it's for life. The conundrum for Washington would be Cousins needs to have enough playing time to make the team sure they are OK to go with him, but while they are doing that, the value of RG3 is going down.

It's an interesting thought. Remember, the majority of this MB only thinks week to week. In spite of the number of teams who've gotten a new and capable QB in the last few seasons, this group thinks they are very rare. When you get one, it's for life. The conundrum for Washington would be Cousins needs to have enough playing time to make the team sure they are OK to go with him, but while they are doing that, the value of RG3 is going down.

True enough. Cousins lacks elite arm strength and there simply is not sufficient tape on him to discern his true skill as an NFL quarterback. But you could get a bounty of riches for RGIII in a trade and with good use of the picks could built an elite defense. Ala the 49ers, an overwhelming defense in conjunction with a good running game and above average qb, you can be more than relevant and compete for a Super Bowl.

And I don't blame the posters for flaming away. I expected it but still wanted to pose the question.

Edited by Falconsin2012

You didn't offend anyone, but if you're Washington, you don't just give up on RG3 because he's somewhat frail, you work to protect him better.

You didn't offend anyone, but if you're Washington, you don't just give up on RG3 because he's somewhat frail, you work to protect him better.

I know what you are saying. I just must not have elucidated my thoughts very well. I am not too concerned about his frailty. Just feel Washington is in a unique position of have two extremely talented rookie QB's...that allows them an opportunity to possibly trade away the more talented one and in doing so get a comedy of riches in return. Possibly build elite trenches on both sides of the ball which is where games are won, all the while still having an above average quarterback.

But Muskaka is correct about there being an insufficient amount of film on Cousins to make such a drastic move.

That being said, I don't particularly care about the Washington Redskins so I'll leave this alone before the lynch mob rings my doorbell and proceeds to flog me and hang me while my son watches on...