Afc Playoff Teams

Falconsfan567

The Bengals just beat the Steelers 13-10 in Pittsburgh. The Bengals clinch at least a WC and if the Giants beat the Ravens they'll be tied with the Ravens for the AFC North lead. The Bengals are in the playoffs in 2 straight years for the first time since 1981 and 82.

The Steelers fall to 7-8 and are eliminated thanks to the Colts beating the Chiefs. All 6 playoff spots in the AFC are clinched.

Texans

Broncos

Patriots

Ravens

Colts

Bengals

The Bengals just beat the Steelers 13-10 in Pittsburgh. The Bengals clinch at least a WC and if the Giants beat the Ravens they'll be tied with the Ravens for the AFC North lead. The Bengals are in the playoffs in 2 straight years for the first time since 1981 and 82.

The Steelers fall to 7-8 and are eliminated thanks to the Colts beating the Chiefs. All 6 playoff spots in the AFC are clinched.

Texans

Broncos

Patriots

Ravens

Colts

Bengals

from what i can tell experimenting with the playoff machine on espn.com, Texans get #1 seed if they beat Indy next week. Denver has to win AND Texans lose for Broncos to be #1 seed. Not sure Indy has much to play for. As the WC, they have to travel no matter what, and it seems they're locked into #5 seed.

I was a little surprised by that, of course I dont really follow that conference as closely. Next week is all about seeding for them.

Yep. And next week the Bengals host the Ravens. If the Giants beat the Ravens today then that game will decide the AFC North. The Broncos clinch at least a first round bye if they beat the Browns today.

great win by the bengals on the road in pittsburgh. it's andy's first win and as the OP said the first time in 30 years since they have had back to back playoff seasons. the only thing that may change is seeding, but it's set in the afc. the nfc has a whole lot of drama possibly in the last week of the year.

from what i can tell experimenting with the playoff machine on espn.com, Texans get #1 seed if they beat Indy next week. Denver has to win AND Texans lose for Broncos to be #1 seed. Not sure Indy has much to play for. As the WC, they have to travel no matter what, and it seems they're locked into #5 seed.

can indy drop to the 6 seed? they may not want to do that considering it likely means a trip to foxboro.

What the Colts did this year is amazing. Without their Head Coach most of the year and to go from one of the worst teams in the league to the playoffs is a great story.

Yep. Where as the Saints loss their HC and it's woe is me all season long. Maybe the players have a lot to do with winning and loosing.

Indy has alot to play for! Besides momentum, if they beat Houston and Denver and New England win thier games, they will be the #1 and # 2 seeds by virtue of head to head over Houston and all 3 of them finishing 12-4.

Houston will have gone from having the chance to be the #1 seed with a bye and HFA to being dropped to # 3 and getting a wild card game at home. I'm sure Indy is going to play thier *** off in the hopes of helping to make this happen. Aside from them being a division rival they could see again somehow over the next 2 weeks.