Should Matt Ryan Play At All Next Week?

prolikewhoa

Most of us would probably not like to see him start due to injury risk but none of us is privvy to knowing of any contract incentives for making benchmarks. Example: starts, rushing or receving yards etc. Some get contract bonus for Pro Bowl selection from their team in addition to the money the NFL pays them.

I would play him a half at least. Qb is at less risk than any of the other 22 starters.

Roddy is the one i would rest. Get HD outside and Davis in the slot, see what we can do.

I woulD also rest abraham and see if one of the 3 youngins can put together a game.

I would use this as an excuse to rest turner as well so we can get a better look at Quizz in a feature roll.

One bye week is enough, i worry 2 weeks off could disrupt timing and rythm in the offense.

I don't think there is any way the Falcons sit anybody unless they are ailing. I could see Abe, Roddy and Tony G getting some rest throughout the game, but I expect being undefeated at home is VERY important to these guys and getting win #14 is, too. Not to mention, I don't think they have any interested in lying down and giving the Bucs a win in our house. That would make our division record 3-3 and I know I'd hate that with a passion.

Yes, there are reasons to sit alot of guys, but there are also alot better reasons to keep playing like it's a normal week. These guys have a bye after next Sunday. They can rest then.

Ryan and everyone else (who is totally healthy) should play. We have a bye week already. I don't think letting our starters sit for two weeks would be anything but trouble.

I can see pulling them in the 3rd if we're up big because it would give us a chance to get some of the young backups some playing time and game experience... but to sit them for the game, no way.

As Mike Smith states our mission is to win every football game. So yes he will play. I imagine that we will treat this game like how we treated every game this season. Which I admire that! I give big props to our training/conditioning staff for preparing our players in to off season thus the reason they are avoiding injuries.. It's not just based off of luck..