As A Falcons Fan I Am Soo Dang Proud Of This Team..

SacFalcFan

i have been watching falcon's football for over 30 years and what we have seen on the field the past 5 years i haven't seen this much winning in that period time ever for this franchise. this team has clinched home field throughout the playoffs. this is a very unselfish team that is all about that goal of winning a championship for the city and our long suffering fans. they have fought this year and now have accomplished the step of making sure the road to the super bowl for the nfc comes through our dome. i can't wait to see some home playoff football and i don't care what the pundits say or our rivals say folks this team is a different team than in year's past. I am excited to see us finish this journey.

Can't wait for that dome to be rocking out during that first playoff game. smile.png

i can't wait either.. it's going to be awesome.. i will never forget that rams/falcons game in the playoffs in the early 2000s.. allen rossum was awesome and my ears were ringing like crazy throughout monday after that game.. it was off the charts in noise..

Yeah I still have to pinch myself to make sure this is for real. We all hoped for so many years, no decades, for a consistent winner here in Atlanta that could also represent us in the playoffs.

Now we have one, and they have the benefit of all that playoff experience.

This year is only going to get better.

same here.. for many of us we have had to deal with some horrible seasons or even a bunch of seasons in a row so right now it's great to be back in control of our own destiny to get into the super bowl. i remember when dan henning was our head coach and we lost to a winless colts team on our way to another horrible year. you don't really appreciate the past 5 years of winning until you have lived through all of the horrible losing. we need to finish this off with a nice run toward the super bowl.. win in the playoffs, get momentum, and maybe bring a championship back to this great fan base.

Sac, I'm seeing some historical synergy taking place. In 1980, the Falcons were put out in the playoffs by a last seconds Cowboys drive/win. Then, UGA went on to win it all.

Now, UGA almost wins their "playoff" but succumbs at the end. Will the Falcons complete the loop and win it all now?

i can't wait either.. it's going to be awesome.. i will never forget that rams/falcons game in the playoffs in the early 2000s.. allen rossum was awesome and my ears were ringing like crazy throughout monday after that game.. it was off the charts in noise..

Oh that Rams game was fun. Marc Bulger almost died that night from all the hits he took. Then after the game, Mrs. Ratesforless and I celebrated the big victory in the backseat of my Buick. Fun times...

I'm proud they made the Panthers loss the anomaly rather than the Giants win with an impressive victory on the road.

The Panthers game was a wake up call for the Falcons. I hate it when the Falcons lose, but the Falcons seem refocused and re-energized after that debacle!

This has been along time coming! Our team is getting on a roll at the right time. Playing stronger in December and ready for January.

I agree with you, OP. I know I was watching Falcons games in the late 1970's, but can remember specifically watching the Cowboys/Falcons game as the oldest one. It was heart-breaking. for sure, to see that one play undo it all. It's been exciting to watch the Smith-led Falcons these past few years and will definitely be just as "on the edge of your seat" exciting in a few weeks for the playoff game.

Sac, I'm seeing some historical synergy taking place. In 1980, the Falcons were put out in the playoffs by a last seconds Cowboys drive/win. Then, UGA went on to win it all.

Now, UGA almost wins their "playoff" but succumbs at the end. Will the Falcons complete the loop and win it all now?

i like the way you think as well.

I agree with you, OP. I know I was watching Falcons games in the late 1970's, but can remember specifically watching the Cowboys/Falcons game as the oldest one. It was heart-breaking. for sure, to see that one play undo it all. It's been exciting to watch the Smith-led Falcons these past few years and will definitely be just as "on the edge of your seat" exciting in a few weeks for the playoff game.

yeah i will never forget that game. i still remember watching what unfolded in the second half..