Why I Think We Will Have Playoff Success

Miller2Rison

first let me touch on this game and mike nolan a little bit. we played a lot of soft zone against the lions and that was to keep calvin johnson out of the end zone and i think it worked well, sure he broke a record but it means nothing to our defense as our defense did their job regardless. you know where stafford is gonna try to get the ball and if we are man to man with cj well just look what ryan did to houston. if you will notice our most success comes against qbs who spread the ball out thats because our defensive game plan is about reading where that qb is going to go, see both mannings and brees. we played to contain calvin johnson which is their best player and we succeeded and forced 2 turnovers from cj that no one will touch on.

undefeated on prime time for the first time

we have made our statement in statement games, our 2 losses were wake up calls but when ppl asked if we were for real and they still will be we proved it in every statement game and i go with broncos, eagles, cowboys, giants, redskins, saints second time, and tonight all statement games. the eagles were a good team when we played them, we got the eagles that went to the playoffs not this garbage eagle team thats on the field now.

matt ryan has stepped it up after a slight slope, 4 tds tonight 0 ints and a great game against the giants, running game is still 50/50 but i say we are getting hot at the right time

this game tonight made me think back to 2010, the saints at home and we win hfa and we couldnt get it done, if you want to have success in the playoffs u have to win big games and a game that clinches hfa is a big game, idc who you play. we defeated the lions on the road to wrap it up.

i hope we play to win next week i want us to go 14-2 and undefeated at home with hfa. tie our franchise record although we were the #2 seed at 14-2 in 1998

Guest facelessman07

Running game absolutely sucks and while that could be a weak link, I feel confident riding on Ryan's shoulders in the playoffs. He CAN carry this team now

Just imagine when our running game is legit again. We be deadly. Hiss hiss

Edited by facelessman07

Running game absolutely sucks and while that could be a weak link, I feel confident riding on Ryan's shoulders in the playoffs. He CAN carry this team now

i still see our run game having potential, we could possibly put it together in the playoffs even with turner

And truthfully, our run game was worst tonight when we ran tosses to Turner (which we probably should never do again at this point), and the safety trying to run it out of the endzone. DTs won't sell out to stop a run like that anywhere on the field other than there.

That toss play was key in misdirection of RW screen TD. The falcons faked a toss to the right and then threw the screen to right. Some plays might not work but the defense still has to defend those plays.

Guest facelessman07

Turner should never be the recipient of a toss play. Clearly Smitty lost a bet to Schwartz at halftime and had to run a toss play with Turner

I think we have enough to get it done the reason alot are saying we don't run enough is because of our previous years of being a run first team.If the commentators didn't notice we actually used a short passing attack and a screen game now which pretty much is a run it will just not appear on the stat sheet that way.

Completely agree to OP alot of the Lions yards were GARBAGE YARDS that counted for nothing Gruden even bought this up during the telecast.

Now if you want a real game changing effect going foward well I'll say pass rush they add this to the menu the Falcons become unstoppable.

That toss play was key in misdirection of RW screen TD. The falcons faked a toss to the right and then threw the screen to right. Some plays might not work but the defense still has to defend those plays.

It's not the toss play that I don't like, it's using Turner for it. I love Michael (no homo) for what he has done for us, but that is really not one of his strengths at this point.

ETA, although thinking about it now, was it a toss left with Turner on the first play after the Asante pick in the NY game that went for 9 or 10? If so, we can keep running him out there when it works :)

Edited by NOVAFalconFan

It's not the toss play that I don't like, it's using Turner for it. I love Michael (no homo) for what he has done for us, but that is really not one of his strengths at this point.

ETA, although thinking about it now, was it a toss left with Turner on the first play after the Asante pick in the NY game that went for 9 or 10? If so, we can keep running him out there when it works smile.png

LOL that you would point that out :)