Did Anyone Hear?

The Atlanta Falcons clinched the #1 seed in the 2012-13 playoffs? I thought I'd join in on the post game Calvin Johnson talk. Congrats to the big guy that is a hard record to break, much respect to him.

Really though, did anyone hear the one commentator towards the end state "CJ's passing yard record is meaningless." I understand what he is getting at by it not translating into Ws but jeez dude you are on Primetime T.V.

I usually like Gruden, but I didn't like that statement at all. So many teams have aired it out like crazy but Calvin is one of the most physically gifted receivers we've ever seen.The guy is an absolute monster. He's as close to unstoppable as you can get.

still does not make his statement false.. infact as gifted as megatron is , he is infact targeted and their offense is pass happy

Dude. He was totally wrecking us in the first half. Garbage time or not we could not stop that man beast.

yeah he was tearing us up but our defense forced 3 turnovers and we picked one pass off thrown his way and forced him to fumble once, i dont take anything away from him he is a great player and this game actually made me miss grimes lol but our defense still kept the lions out of the end zone except for a run so no td passes either

I usually like Gruden, but I didn't like that statement at all. So many teams have aired it out like crazy but Calvin is one of the most physically gifted receivers we've ever seen.The guy is an absolute monster. He's as close to unstoppable as you can get.

Gifted or not...he still fumbled once, never saw the endzone, his team still lost by two scores at home and, oh yeah, let Duece-Duece get in front of him for a pick. Just saying, Jerry Rice is laughing about this because he knows this was mostly garbage. He would've been pissed if he got close to 2,000 yds but his team was 4-11. Just saying...

It was Gruden. He said it was tainted because of so much garbage yards. He'll be answering to that somewhere along the line. Some people aren't going to like that.

He's right though. Calvin is amazing and I don't mean to belittle him in any way, but it's just ridiculous to assume that 1800 yds today = 1800 yds in the 80s and 90s. All these ungodly passing stats are definitely jaded due to the way the game has began to be officiated. Joe Montana wasn't throwing the ball 700 times a season back then, so it's not apples to apples. Still, viewed within his own era, Calvin is on another level, and probably would be piling up amazing numbers during any time of football, just maybe not 2,000 yd seasons.