• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not mad.. Breaking that record is huge. Besides they gave props to the Falcons for playing a good game.

What more can they say really? It's the Falcons 2nd time in 3 years with the #1 seed, 4th time making the playoffs in 5 years BUT....

Everyone knows what comes after the but. They'll talk when we prove that we can win in the postseason.

We'll give them plenty to talk about after we win the sb ;-)

Oh , lol .. forgot who said it here. It was earlier on in the thread and I am to lazy to go back and look. There was the guy who seemed angry that we let CJ break the record and sounded to be implying that the defense sucked. Get over yourself man. The defense played great. CJ is just the best at what he does. 3 TOs , no receiving TDs , and we freaking won! Like I said , get over yourself.

sorry to disagree, but how about just once when there's a record to be broken, our Defense mans the 'F' up and says, "no you're NOT gonna break any record against us". season passing yards by QB last year, by receiver this year. Too bad we don't play minnesota next week so we could give up the rushing yardage to peterson, and then watch our head coach go on TV and contratulate him. "herr derr, we couldn't man up and stop you, congrats on getting the record, herr derr'

what the **** is a herr derr

In case anyone wondered:

Detroit lost to GB twice this year by 7 and 4 points respectively.

They lost to Houston by 3 in Over-time at home.

They beat Seattle at home.

Lost to SF by 8 points in SF.

This was their worst loss at home of the season.

Is this supposed to be some sort of consolation? Geez, what happened to all the "hey guys, we're [insert current record] who cares what those analysts say." Suddenly our win/loss column no longer matters?

You guys just need to realize that as Falcons fans you're just NOT gonna see coverage on SportsCenter or Total Access very much at all. Atlanta isn't a headline hotbed like New York is and we haven't won championships. Until this team does something in the postseason, it's going to be "Well this was a nice win, BUT............."

Tebow is not our backup, and we're not a team that has constant off the field issues, so media coverage isn't gonna flock our way. It also doesn't help that our QB and coach say every cliche in the book when being interviewed like "that was a good football team" "take it one game at a time" and my favorite "this shows the resiliency of our football team"

This team will win over the media with a win in the divisional round in January of 2013. It is just. that. simple. Move on with your lives because there's better things to do than gripe about what ESPN and NFL Network think of us. Christmas is 2 days away.

Stop.

Some of you guys sound like jocks and divas that are always trying to hog the spotlight. Calvin Johnson just broke a record that stood for over a decade by arguably the best receiver to ever play the game. Let him enjoy his amazing accomplishment. He's worked hard to get where he is and he deserves it.

WOAH! BEST TO EVER PLAY THE GAME???? RICE, JERRY. LOOK HIM UP

Falcons D stepped up and set a record too. Most passing yards in a game WITHOUT a TD.

Think about that, the D gave up 522 yards and only 1 td(rushing). CJ can have his yards, I only care about points.

As bad as it sounds when you put it like that , its still a pretty cool stat. I tell you what , our scoring defense held under our average hence improving it. The only defense that matters.

Going back to the only defense that matters. There were several threads about how good our D was before this game. Then after we win , and win big with 3 TOs , all the sudden our D sucks because CJ made you feel insecure. Yall need to find something to stand for and stick with it.

Something about yall boys and vaginas , trust me .. Dimitrioffed or something.

What record? Was this Falcons win a record? Honestly...Im not very impressed with CJ breaking the record. His stats went way up to break the record by how many times he is targeted. Give me a wr like Roddy and Julio who gets good yards and the most important....TOUCHDOWNS! CJ got got yards last night but did nothing but fumble and let our man punk you and take the ball away and then not score a single point. Take your glory CJ...you have your reward, another year without a hint of pkayoffs. And Im a GT fan.

I couldn't give a crap about CJ breaking the record against us but you guys downplaying the accomplishment are crazy. It was a 17 year old record by the greatest receiver, if not player, of all time. Oh and by the way, he did it in 15 games after a bad start and being nicked up for the middle of the season on an inept football team as the only real threat. Dude is a beast and probably locked up his ticket to Canton last night, regardless of how the rest of his career plays out.