Leave It To Espn :)

SwampyMux12

So they pick a MVP of the game on the radio - a game that Ryan throws 4 tds 78% complete, Roddy catches 150 yds and 2 tds and they choose Megatron in a game where he has a lot of flash but very little impact in the game, those were 225 of fluff - no tds and in the end it really didn't matter.

I'll repick the MVP for them - Ryan with another dominant performance... if he played in New York he would be a mortal lock for NFL MVP, his numbers are pretty nuts this year, plus his team has the best record...

Dude is throwing 69% complete this year, that's higher than Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning have ever thrown in their career.

So he's currently at the 69%, 4481 yards and 31 tds - he's had one helluva overlooked season!

Meh. Aaron Rodgers was overlooked in 2010 when the Packers went on their Super Bowl run. So was Tom Brady in his first Super Bowl run--in fact he was in the middle of a QB controversy. Drew Brees, also largely overlooked in 2009 with Peyton Manning and the Colts tearing up the league, and the latter was beaten in the Super Bowl by Brees and co.

So they pick a MVP of the game on the radio - a game that Ryan throws 4 tds 78% complete, Roddy catches 150 yds and 2 tds and they choose Megatron in a game where he has a lot of flash but very little impact in the game, those were 225 of fluff - no tds and in the end it really didn't matter.

I'll repick the MVP for them - Ryan with another dominant performance... if he played in New York he would be a mortal lock for NFL MVP, his numbers are pretty nuts this year, plus his team has the best record...

Dude is throwing 69% complete this year, that's higher than Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning have ever thrown in their career.

So he's currently at the 69%, 4481 yards and 31 tds - he's had one helluva overlooked season!

Agreed started a thread We won right? It's the Calvin Johnson show now. Lol.

Agreed started a thread We won right? It's the Calvin Johnson show now. Lol.

Yeah, it's funny for sure. Yeah he had a pretty dominant game on paper, but it seemed like a pretty empty performance to me - not a lot of substance to those yards.

Ryan is quietly putting together quite a year. I mess with some of my family members when they are doing their best Swift imitation about Ryan and I say things like "You realize he has like 500 more yards than A Rod, right" or "there's only one QB with a higher completion percentage this year - and it's Alex Smith who hasn't played for a month" and they look at me with a dumbfounded look that says "wow I'm kind of an idiot" :)

Are you really complaining about some meaningless post-game MVP award?

Nope I'm giving my guy some props who is having an outstanding season and leading his team to the best record in the NFL and people glossing over his accomplishments. Just highlighting the fact that Ryan throws almost 80% complete with 4 tds and everyone acts like the Falcons got blown out of the building.

Guest Negatorris

Meh. Aaron Rodgers was overlooked in 2010 when the Packers went on their Super Bowl run. So was Tom Brady in his first Super Bowl run--in fact he was in the middle of a QB controversy. Drew Brees, also largely overlooked in 2009 with Peyton Manning and the Colts tearing up the league, and the latter was beaten in the Super Bowl by Brees and co.

I heard they were calling Brady one of the most overrated QBs that first year when Bledsoe got hurt.

I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this, but what's our theoretical playoff schedule look like?

Well, we will play either the 4, 5, or 6 seed, the lowest one left coming into our game. So it will most likely either be the NFC East Winner or one of the wild cards. There is so much to be decided yet that most likely the only teams we won't be playing in our first game is Green Bay and the winner of the NFC West, which could still be Seattle, so we could even end up seeing San Fran in our first game.

I agree with both you and them. I agree with you because it was obvious who the Most Important Player was when it comes to the win. I agree with them because the guy just put up 225yds on us and broke the all time record. I will break the tie and say Ryan deserved it more because the record is its own reward. ph34r.pnglaugh.png