Gotta Let Roddy Sit Next Week

falcon124

Roddy is not going to sit. He has NEVER missed an NFL game and he's not gonna start now. Roddy's streak is very impressive for a WR. If he keeps going he'll get to McClure's record eventually.

OK, I guess let him play the first play and throw him a screen pass, and then sit out the rest of the game.

My guess is the offensive starters will play 2-3 series and then slowly removed one by one beginning with the most injured. Otherwise, it will be three weeks before their next in-game action and that's a bit too long for a precision offense.

I'd rest several defensive players like Abraham and Samuel.

Edited by Quarterback

I wouldn't send Matt, Julio, Roddy, Tony, Weatherspoon, Moore, DeCoud, Asante, Abraham, Babineaux, or Biermann out there for even a single snap next week.

Let the young fellas get some work.

So you have absolutely no worries about them getting too much time off? So them coming out flat offensively in the playoffs doesn't worry you?

I think the starters will play long enough for Roddy not to miss a game, Gonzo to get one catch, and Ryan to lead an effective drive. That is usually what Smith looks for in the preseason. "Show me a good drive, then take the day off."

I am on the fence. I don't think we are all that. I don't think we can turn the switch off and on at a moments notice. I'm pretty much of the mind we should just run through the tape while we have things rolling. I don't like the mojo around losing a game in the Dome going into the playoffs. If we were a more established team used to winning in the playoffs, I'd be firmly on the "sit everyone" bandwagon.

We need to maintain the momentum that we are building. Sitting everyone can be dangerous based on the length of time they will have off. They need to remain sharp so we don't see a repeat of our past postseason performances. I think they should play atleast a half and remove the starters gradually. But we must maintain our momentum.