Shoplifting At Wal-Mart During The Busy Holidays

unbillievable

I think I just saw a way to shoplift in plain sight...

I was in line at Walmart behind this woman who had a cart full of stuff. She unloaded all the small stuff, but left the large items in her cart: toilet paper, cases of soda, a turkey.

She waited for the cashier to start ringing up the small stuff on the counter before deciding to push her cart around the corner where she immediatly starts bagging and re-carting her purchases. The cashier, (now able to see that she didn't completely empty her cart onto his register) has to stop what he's doing to grab his scanner gun before she completely buries the big stuff underneath the bags.

The whole time the woman never stopped or even got out of the way. She continued to put stuff back into her cart as the poor cashier tried to move things around to get to the big items at the bottom.

I have no doubt that some cashiers would have been too tired/lazy and just given up.

What made it weird was that she was acting like what she was doing was normal. She even started chatting up people in the other line while she fought to hide stuff in her cart. Some people are just shameless; trying to take advantage of these overworked minimum-wage earners. He might have lost his job.

I used to work retail. The best trick I came across was this old guy that gave me money while checking out. As I put it into the register he said wait, let me get that back and I'll give you this to get X back. He did that about 4 times and it was all pretty quick, but at the end he was trying to get me to give him back more than he gave me. I'm quick with math so he didn't get me but the Supervisor came by after because he noticed the guy and I guess he got some other people with it. Lol!

Or you know you could just grab the item and go out through the back exit in the gardening section....

not that I've done that.

My closest Walmart has a single door in the gardening section with a cashier next to it. They got smart to that trick.

-but, I usually use this cashier to bypass the long lines up front.

im working cashier at my local target and its just pathetic these would do. on black friday someone tried to steal a PS3 in plain sight. i asked the dude you gonna pay for this and he said no he wasnt and started to walk away before i grabbed the cart and yelled for our security guy a few lanes over that this guy is trying to steal a ps3. today i had a customer buy about 400 bucks worth of clothing and it took me nearly 7 mins to ring up all those clothing and take off the hangers. she compained that i took to long and since ive been working 10 hours so far i said maam if you removed the hangers like i ask i would have gotten you out of here in 2 mins flat. also had a t guy asked if i could check his balnce limit on his credit card and for 5 mins we argued about how is private information and i couldnt do that. he left yelling **** target and the manager came pver and asked what happen and i told him the story about how he wanted me to check he's credit limit, he laughed and whispered dumbazz.

My closest Walmart has a single door in the gardening section with a cashier next to it. They got smart to that trick.

-but, I usually use this cashier to bypass the long lines up front.

Isn't that the truth. I used this cashier all through the holidays, lolol.

I used to cashier at Kmart. Homie didnt play that. . . .

I would have told the woman to allow me to scan ALL of her items in the most tactful and respectful YET firm manner that I could.

I would fire a cashier that did not ring all the items. . . whether intentional or unintentional . . . whether he/she was scared or not. . . etc.

Edited by Falcon Knight

As for the woman. . . no morals as another person said. . . .

thing is, when you catch people like this, they always use the economy, I dont have a job excuse but alot of these people arent even stealing necessities. LOL

This method of stealing puts all the blame on the cashiers; making it especially douchey.

And from the size of her, I wasn't surprised that her cart was full of sodas and junk food. The turkey was probably the healthiest thing in there.

This method of stealing puts all the blame on the cashiers; making it especially douchey.

And from the size of her, I wasn't surprised that her cart was full of sodas and junk food. The turkey was probably the healthiest thing in there.

LOL. . .. yea, the cashier is much more to blame than the shop lifter. Walmart is the easiest and best place to steal because 9 times out of ten you have a cashier who is lazy and just doesnt give a fuc* . . . Walmart is also the only place, well maybe McDonalds too (though I dont eat there) I know where the customer service and employees suck really bad yet Walmart continues to report gainful revenue and profit every quarter.

Edited by Falcon Knight