First Mock Draft Ever !

Adam25

First Mock Draft of the year Dec. 22nd 2012

Hey guys thanks for having the time to look at my mock draft, as the title says it's my first one ever, I'm in the middle of my studying for this draft and it is very early, As I say in the post I am basically going off the most recent prospect ranking's because I know I will take a lot of heat for Warford in the second, and yes I do see his stock rising but I will adjust as the season moves on, Thanks and of course criticism is welcome !

1st Round - DE Alex Okafor Texas

• The answer opposite to John Abraham. Tall, Athletic, Mobile defensive end that can play all four positions along the defensive line, if we ended up moving to a 3-4 he probably could stand up and play rush OLB and still be effective, my first choice and I would be ecstatic if we selected him.

2nd Round - OG Larry Warford Kentucky

• Nasty OG that can hold his own against bigger DT’s held the dynamic pass rusher Sheldon Richardson at bay for the whole game against Missouri. With the selection of Larry Warford we can move Peter Konz to his natural position of C and have a big stocky offensive line that can final keep pressure from coming up the middle of the pocket. Also, I understand he may not be here when they pick, BUT I’m going off the latest Prospect ranking’s saying he’s the 62nd prospect rated, there for he should be their when we pick around their. When the newest one comes out I will re-do based on the newest draft ranking’s

3rd Round – TE Jordan Reed Florida

• Tall Athletic would be an understatement with Reed, regardless if Tony G retires or stays I think we should take Reed to develop and teach everything he knows to him, he can line up as a WR and as a TE, is very fast so he can run go routes as well, can become a good pass catching TE in the falcons scheme.

4th Round – RB Stepfan Taylor Stanford

• How do you replace Michael Turner? With a younger version of Michael Turner, Taylor may go higher than this but he could also go lower, He won’t WOW anyone at the combine, but if he plays in the senior bowl he could turn a lot of head there. That being said, he is a big thumper and can carry the ball 20+ times if needed, he is decent at catching the ball out of the backfield and hits the holes HARD coming out of the back field, he starts from day one and doesn’t look back!

5th Round – DT Daniel McCullers Tennessee

• I came across this guy while looking at Barrett Jones’s tape, he’s a huge space eater at 370 pounds and he gets a good push, he could make us use more 3-4 looks next year with him taking up a ton of space, Reminds of the falcons great Grady Jackson. This if he comes out!

6th Round- WR Rodney Smith Flordia State U

• Smith is a big 6’6 WR with good hands and is deep in deep routes. He could be a solid target in the red zone and is a willing blocker, he fits perfectly in the scheme we have, he could end up replacing Harry in the slot but for now would be our fourth WR and maybe get some better looks in the red zone.

7th Round – CB Branden Smith Georgia

• This is mainly a special teams move to try and get a solid returner, he has good speed and can find holes well, I haven’t seen much tape, but the tape that I did see, I seen a player that explodes through gaps and is always looking for a big play.

Be careful. Zodiac's going to be here in 30 seconds to let you know that Warford will not be there at our 2nd round pick. Lol but I just don't think Okafor will be much of a player in the league. I just see nothing special from him. Just a steady guy. Wouldn't be mad at all with this mock though. The first four picks are very good. Makes a solid team every more solid, but not really next level. Not a bad thing though.

Be careful. Zodiac's going to be here in 30 seconds to let you know that Warford will not be there at our 2nd round pick. Lol but I just don't think Okafor will be much of a player in the league. I just see nothing special from him. Just a steady guy. Wouldn't be mad at all with this mock though. The first four picks are very good. Makes a solid team every more solid, but not really next level. Not a bad thing though.

Lmao thanks bro, it's hard to like Okafor he seems to disappear sometimes but he is a leader and is very versatile, he can play 5 positions on defense and is stout against the run, with him we could have a 8-10 sack guy and he would be a 3 down player, I think he could add a little more weight and become a force to be reckoned with. Thanks for the criticism brother !

Lmao!! I feel the same as Vel though. I see Okafor as reliable guy, but not a huge difference maker. Almost like Acho, maybe a little more stout.

Sam Acho was infinitely better than Emmanuel so are you talking about him?

In regards to Okafor, I agree with the other guys he isn't an elite pass rusher.

I like the draft except for Jordan Reed. Reed doesn't block and he isn't a great route runner.

Yes sorry I forgot there was even an Emmanuel. But Sam is who I would compare Okafor to.

what would you do with your first if we signed avril in fa?

It would definitely change my whole mock and would make it interesting, OG becomes the number one option and if Barrett Jones is their I'd love to take him to solidify our OG position. Round two would be even more interesting, possibly DE depth to develop behind Abe then RB/TE in the 3rd. I hope they do, I really like what Avril brings to the table.

Edited by Adam3328

Good mock. I'm not a fan of Okafor but love thatt we draft a DE there. Give me Ansah there and the mock would be gold. Also I'm not a big fan of Reed at TE. He's not much bigger than Julio. I would prefer someone with a little more size. Many of the TE options should still be there in the 3rd.

I'd love Ansah their as well, BUT I think at the draft combine he will kill it and end up going in the top 20, which is possible. If he's their it would be a hard choice. Reed is like Hernandez 2.0, he becomes a threat in the slot and can line up as a WR as well, he does need to work on his blocking tho I do agree with that, he can stretch the field as well that's what makes him a huge threat in the passing game.

Good mock. I'm not a fan of Okafor but love thatt we draft a DE there. Give me Ansah there and the mock would be gold. Also I'm not a big fan of Reed at TE. He's not much bigger than Julio. I would prefer someone with a little more size. Many of the TE options should still be there in the 3rd.

Gonzo is like four pounds heavier than Reed. Reed has enough size he just isn't a great blocker. That doesn't mean he is small.

Not a bad Mock.. And for those that don't like Reeds (6'3 243) and say he's too short.. He's very much like Hernandez (6'1 245) but he was a QB and is a little faster. His blocking is what will come into question. By the way.. Vernon Davis is (6'3 250) Just a thought.

Not a bad Mock.. And for those that don't like Reeds (6'3 243) and say he's too short.. He's very much like Hernandez (6'1 245) but he was a QB and is a little faster. His blocking is what will come into question. By the way.. Vernon Davis is (6'3 250) Just a thought.

Thank you, I like him and his blocking will improve, he's got speed and great hands, can run seam routes and cause miss matches everywhere on the defense, I'd love for him to be a falcon.

I'd love Ansah their as well, BUT I think at the draft combine he will kill it and end up going in the top 20, which is possible. If he's their it would be a hard choice. Reed is like Hernandez 2.0, he becomes a threat in the slot and can line up as a WR as well, he does need to work on his blocking tho I do agree with that, he can stretch the field as well that's what makes him a huge threat in the passing game.

That could certainly be the case with Ansah. Still not a big fan of Okafor though. As for Reed, I'm just not as high on him as others appear to be. I loved Hernandez in 2010 and was disappointed when the Falcons passed him with both of their 3rd round picks. Reed certainly has the athleticism but I don't see him on the same level as a Hernandez. He would present a different type of weapon than Gonzalez in the passing game, but the running game would be weakened even further (and TG is not the world's best blocker).

That could certainly be the case with Ansah. Still not a big fan of Okafor though. As for Reed, I'm just not as high on him as others appear to be. I loved Hernandez in 2010 and was disappointed when the Falcons passed him with both of their 3rd round picks. Reed certainly has the athleticism but I don't see him on the same level as a Hernandez. He would present a different type of weapon than Gonzalez in the passing game, but the running game would be weakened even further (and TG is not the world's best blocker).

yea I agree, Okafor could show out at the senior bowl if he ends up going, I think he can be a real good player in the nfl. If not I think we should go BPA at the position we need. Reed is definitely a different weapon in the passing game, I agree his blocking needs to be drastically helped ! I was hoping for Hernandez as well, he's great when he's healthy.

I dont like Okafor either. He looks stiff to me with poor change of direction. I wish we could get Warford too. I like Smith in round 7 also.

Okafor looked like the next big thing in that bowl game. He needs to play like that all the time.

He's the type of guy that feeds off confidence, I think playing in Atlanta would do that for him, he has a solid bull rush and who better to teach him the finess rush then Abraham ? I really think he could be a solid player, especially in our scheme.

He's the type of guy that feeds off confidence, I think playing in Atlanta would do that for him, he has a solid bull rush and who better to teach him the finess rush then Abraham ? I really think he could be a solid player, especially in our scheme.

I agree. I liked what I saw from that bowl. He also seems to do well in big games.

I don't know if it was just me but it seem like Alex plays better standing up.

He does, and I like it remind you of someone ? Abe loves standing up and gets a solid first step that way as well, Okafor has the ability to play on the interior as well, I like what I seen at the bowl game because I know he can bring a solid pass rush every down, he also plays the run well so there is no need for him to come out, he's a three down LDE and can get consistent pressure, I think more of the message board will fall for this guy because he is a humble dude and can play multiple positions as well.