Brent Grimes' Future

mr284

With the much improved secondary play this year and a decison to make about Grimes what are the falcons gonna do? On one hand how much better can we be with him healthy and in the lineup? Or should they use the money they will have to tie up into him and go fill another need? Your thoughts

Pretty well worn subject this.

Personally last off season said it all to me the FO have a number in mind and obviously the Grimes camp didn't agree to that number hence a long term deal could not be struck.The only way he comes back is if Grimes lowers his expectation of his worth or he agrees to a back loaded deal with reduced guaranteed $$$$ if this does not happen I believe he will be gone.

The scenario we don't really want is him getting snapped up within the division.But again if someone like Tampa come along and flash a boat load of $$$$ at Grimes and overpay he's gone for sure.

NFL= Not For Long and at 30-31 this will more than likely be his last pay day so good luck to him if he takes the last scenario.Theres no hate from me Grimes has earn't it came up as a UDFA to a pro-bowl type CB so as above good luck if we can't get a deal done.

Unless he accepts 5 mill or less, he won't be a Falcon. The players have proven that they are capable of playing great without him so that kills his leverage. No receiver has scored on us in 5 straight games and Dunta hasn't given up many scores which was a worry in itself. All have given up big plays, that happens so I see no reason why they would break their back to resign him. I can see a take it or leave it situation. Gotta get dunta to restructure his contract though. If not, cutting him would be the only way I see Grimes coming back

Grimes would have to be a medical marvel, like Dominique Wilkins, to return to the level of play he was at prior to his achilles rupture. I ruptured my achilles about 8 months ago, and although i look normal and recovered to the naked eye i am not 100%. I still do not have full calf strength and I cannot sprint anywhere near as fast as I could before. It takes about a full year to fully recover, but most people are never truly the same even after that. Its a really devastating injury, especially for a postion like CB where sprinting and split second, reactionary cuts are its foundation.

Grimes would have to be a medical marvel, like Dominique Wilkins, to return to the level of play he was at prior to his achilles rupture. I ruptured my achilles about 8 months ago, and although i look normal and recovered to the naked eye i am not 100%. I still do not have full calf strength and I cannot sprint anywhere near as fast as I could before. It takes about a full year to fully recover, but most people are never truly the same even after that. Its a really devastating injury, especially for a postion like CB where sprinting and split second, reactionary cuts are its foundation.

Adrian Peterson...

I'd rather give Grimes $10.4M than RobbinUs.

Plus McClain, Owens and Franks are also free agents.

Hey genius, we are giving Grimes $10M. How's that working out for us?

McClain is an RFA. Owens and Franks are easily replaceable if they don't come back cheap. We should honestly be trying to upgrade at least one of those two anyhow.

Edited by k-train

I'm talkin about next year clown. RobbinUs has a $10.4M cap hit in 2013 and he still sucks monkey balls in coverage. Grimes is better in coverage even with a shredded achilles heel.

Wow, you must be special to have that kind of inside track on Brent's rehab process. I wasn't aware that Grimes was inviting you to his private workouts against starting calibre NFL WRs. You should probably stop spending so much time d!cking around on these boards, coming up with Jr. High nicknames & whatnot, and get yourself a job as TD's right hand man.

Wow, you must be special to have that kind of inside track on Brent's rehab process. I wasn't aware that Grimes was inviting you to his private workouts against starting calibre NFL WRs. You should probably stop spending so much time d!cking around on these boards, coming up with Jr. High nicknames & whatnot, and get yourself a job as TD's right hand man.

Most players are recovering from achilles injuries in less than a year now son.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Most players are recovering from achilles injuries in less than a year now son.

what kind odd season ending Achilles players stew you watching?

Also Grimes had to use his jump to make him something.

Grimes will not be no where close to the 2009 Grimes.

-he'll probably be less then 2011 Grimes at best.....but I doubt that too

what kind odd season ending Achilles players stew you watching?

Also Grimes had to use his jump to make him something.

Grimes will not be no where close to the 2009 Grimes.

-he'll probably be less then 2011 Grimes at best.....but I doubt that too

you're likely right unfortunately.

Edited by demburds

I ruptured my achilles about 8 months ago, and although i look normal and recovered to the naked eye i am not 100%. I still do not have full calf strength and I cannot sprint anywhere near as fast as I could before.

Insightful... Only difference is Brent has been conditioning his body for football all his life...and he has MILLIONS to spend on rehab and reconstructive surgery. You still got regular people's insurance that only allows you to recover as much as you're worth right??... Haha yea good comparison.. Smh Brent will be back. He is still the best cb we have. MS knows it and so does TD..

Insightful... Only difference is Brent has been conditioning his body for football all his life...and he has MILLIONS to spend on rehab and reconstructive surgery. You still got regular people's insurance that only allows you to recover as much as you're worth right??... Haha yea good comparison.. Smh Brent will be back. He is still the best cb we have. MS knows it and so does TD..

had the secondary played like pure crap when he went down then it would be that easy.

And I don't see Coach Smith and TD giving up on him. Don't forget look how long it took for us to see what Willy Mo can do. And Meier is still on the side line. Finneran's replacement.

meier can't even stay healthy. I thought they cut him though. Plus the difference between Moore and Grimes is age. Again, coming back cheap is about the only logical way it happens