Davis Or Mccown

irish_falcon

OK so it seems pretty likely at this stage that at some point over the next 2 games, our offense will take the field with someone other than Ryan under center, as they wrap him up in cotton wool in preperation for the playoffs (Whether or not this is a good idea is a debate for another thread).

Just wondering do people think Dominique Davis will get any snaps next week to help develop him/boost his trade value, or do they think Smitty will just trot McCown out there to get a bit of time to sharpen up in case (god forbid) he is required at some stage in a game situation.

Personally I would really like to see Davis get some reps next week but I am also nearly certain it will not happen... doesn't really seem like something smitty would do. Any thoughts?

He should know the offense by now. The only way to get better at this point is to run it and I doubt he's getting my snaps during practice.

I doubt it, McCown is the guy who is taking all mental reps on the side lines and practice. I liked what DD did against third stringers but I don't want training staff to rush him and break his confidence if he is not ready. I guess he will compete for back up spot next year and will probably beat McCown.

I doubt it, McCown is the guy who is taking all mental reps on the side lines and practice. I liked what DD did against third stringers but I don't want training staff to rush him and break his confidence if he is not ready. I guess he will compete for back up spot next year and will probably beat McCown.

Players need to play to get better .......if he is the future at #2, why not get him some real reps ? McClown is not the future....and for sure DD knows the offense by now, he is the 3rd QB for crying out loud......

Players need to play to get better .......if he is the future at #2, why not get him some real reps ? McClown is not the future....and for sure DD knows the offense by now, he is the 3rd QB for crying out loud......

McCown is not the future but he is our no 2 this year and knock on wood I hope we never seem him this year again. At this point do whats best for the season and put in number 2, if the training staff would have been happy with DD he probably would be active for the Bucs game if Ryan is not playing the game.