O Line Heading Into Playoffs

vel

I have been thinking for a while now but just don't have the time to post like I used to, but I feel like the OLine is starting to get into a groove. Just like with new coordinators, the OLine has Pat Hill come in. He isn't the only voice though, and people forget that. Paul Dunn has been here since 08. Who do you listen to: Paul Dunn, who has tenure on Hill, or Pat Hill, the one who was brought in to help fix things?

That can pose a real dilemma for these guys but I think they are starting to figure it out. They have been in a groove since after the Cardinals game in my opinion. Clabo has been down right dominant lately and Baker has been a rock on the left side. Blalock has been inconsistent, but Konz has been picking up and McClure has been steady trash all season but they seem to have figured out how it works out.

Like Playbook pointed out, the Falcons with Koetter have done a good job with the use of screens and draws to slow down the DLine (*cough* Mularkey *cough*) but the OLine looks like they are finally grooving with whatever Dunn and Hill are feeding them.

Sidenote: The Packers have benched Jeff Saturday. Before anybody suggests we should bench McClure, Saturday hasn't done for the Packers what McClure has for the Falcons. McCarthy has no loyalty to Saturday. This franchise is loyal to McClure so he won't be getting benched, as we've seen this season.

I agree the OLine has really looked much more solid lately, especially in the Giants game when they pretty much controlled the Giants vaunted front four. Still don't feel that good about McClure. I don't like that our OLine's weakest link is dead-slap right in the middle at center. Not the best place for your weakest leak to say the least. Maybe the rest of the line will be able to help McClure a little, but still be able to handle the man in front of them. Certainly hope so.

Edited by PokerSteve

Guest Negatorris

They played well against NYG, but I want to see them do it consistently. They were playing well in the first 3 weeks of the year, but severely regressed. Let's see how they do against DET.

Guest facelessman07

They played well against NYG, but I want to see them do it consistently. They were playing well in the first 3 weeks of the year, but severely regressed. Let's see how they do against DET.

Yeah, that's what I want. That is key

Mclure isn't going no where until the off season regardless of what GB have done we don't have a ready and experienced enough replacement to take his spot.

Cosistency is the key for this group.

For me Blalock has been the best o-lineman of this group over the last 5 seasons since Ryan's been back there.

Konzy is rated as the Second Best Rookie OG.

The better he gets the easier it will be for McClure.

But remember this.

McClure has looked old and tired at times, but is largely due to the

fact that these old veterans play at a pace, and are able to maintain that

pace for the entire season.

Come the playoffs they can ramp it up, because the post season is

only a few games.

I'm really glad that Konz has made his way into the starting lineup. As he continues to get better, the entire oline will get better. Any word on when Hawley comes back (he may already be back for all I know :) )? It seems like forever ago that he was suspended. Would be nice to get a little depth back in that group, especially a guy who has started games for us. They certainly are the key as to how far we are going to go this season.