Big Bet I Made At Work Today. Was I Dumb?

hellosma

I put a significant wager of 'fruit' on tonight's game... The bet... Falcons hold Megatron to UNDER 150 yds receiving and 1TD. He has to get BOTH of those for me to lose. I figured it's the holidays, why not risk some fruit.

What do you all think? Falcons step up and win me some money... I mean fruit? Hahahaha

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Was the 'fruit' "organic?"

devils fruit.......he is being kicked out of falcon nation (garden of Eden), if he takes a bite.

Well yeah, you made a great bet...if you guys are betting the same amount of money.

In fact, I'd say the person you bet with is a bit of an idiot.

Calvin Johnson's only had 3 games out of 14 that fit the criteria you describe, he's only scored 5 TDs this year, and the Falcons haven't given up any TDs at all to a WR in the last 5 games.

It doesn't mean that you will win for sure, but yeah, you made a good bet.

Well yeah, you made a great bet...if you guys are betting the same amount of money.

In fact, I'd say the person you bet with is a bit of an idiot.

Calvin Johnson's only had 3 games out of 14 that fit the criteria you describe, he's only scored 5 TDs this year, and the Falcons haven't given up any TDs at all to a WR in the last 5 games.

It doesn't mean that you will win for sure, but yeah, you made a good bet.

Go knock on wood. Now.

It's impossible to determine whether this was a dumb bet without knowing how much fruit is on the line.

My first impression is that you made a safe bet, but just barely.

My projection of Johnson's game tonight is 18 targets-12 receptions-126 yds-1 TD.

My projections are usually quite close.

It's impossible to determine whether this was a dumb bet without knowing how much fruit is on the line.

My first impression is that you made a safe bet, but just barely.

My projection of Johnson's game tonight is 18 targets-12 receptions-126 yds-1 TD.

My projections are usually quite close.

They mostly come at night ... mostly.

tumblr_lzut02crn61r31wszo1_400.gif

We ended up making it a double bet, one on the stats and one on the outright win (no spread, just straight up). So I ended up winning double the fruit. And I'll just say it was enough to buy some extra Christmas presents this holiday season. I was lucky in this one. Go falcons! 13-2!!!