12' Falcons Vs 98' Falcons

I'm watching it also, probably the greatest game I've ever seen, the high's & low's of this game was amazing. As far as who is better. It's hard to say Chandler was a glass jar so on that alone Ryan is better. Mathis & Martin were good receivers but don't have the name recognition or dominance of Roddy & Julio, both lines go to 98'. LB's 98' had the "hammer" so they win right there. Jamal that year kills Turner this year, DB's go to this year's team Gonzo wins TE (even though Santiago actually created "the Dirty Bird") & since Morton made the kick he wins, so i guess the 98 team wins.

@monoxide - kozlowski was a TE, we don't have polite any more, where you been? but yes, Bob Christian better than Cox

but Ray better than Asante? dude, what are you smoking?

and I'm curious why you didn't compare the safties? Willi Mo much better than Eugene "gotta find a hooker" Robinson

for the record, IF we could keep Matt upright, and If we could stop JAM from eating the clock, 2012 beats 1998 about the same way the broncos did.

oh, one other thing, the current team/regime has 5 consecutive years of winning records, how did that 98 team do in 97 and 99?

Edited by papachaz

Serious? You think that the 2012 OL would hold their own against the 1998 front four to give MR time to find rcvrs?

It's not like Chuck Smith & Archambeau were all world sack artists, they had 8.5 & 10 sacks respectively in 1998. Ryan struggles with interior pressure just like any quarterback and I don't think the 98 team would've had much interior pressure on Ryan. That 98 defense gave up nearly 550 yards to the 49ers in the regular season that year. But the thing I give them the most credit for is shutting down one of the greatest offenses in history (98 Vikings with Randy Moss & Chris Carter) in the NFC Championship. Unfortunately they couldn't do it again against Elway in the Super Bowl.

Gawd that was an amazing game. I lol'd when I saw chandilier limping after one of his scrambles. Forgot how fragile that guy was.

Also, falcons need to stay away from hookers and booze

If Robinson accomplished nothing else with his stupidity, maybe at the very least he will serve as a stark reminder to this year's team as to what not to do the night before the big game.

I'm watching it also, probably the greatest game I've ever seen, the high's & low's of this game was amazing. As far as who is better. It's hard to say Chandler was a glass jar so on that alone Ryan is better. Mathis & Martin were good receivers but don't have the name recognition or dominance of Roddy & Julio, both lines go to 98'. LB's 98' had the "hammer" so they win right there. Jamal that year kills Turner this year, DB's go to this year's team Gonzo wins TE (even though Santiago actually created "the Dirty Bird") & since Morton made the kick he wins, so i guess the 98 team wins.

Jamal that year kills Turner any year.

Jamal that year kills Turner any year.

He had over 1800 yards rushing. I remember Bradley writing an article about how we were going to contend for years to come. Then Jamal holds out the next year and then when he comes back he gets hurt, and back in the dump for us. He made that O go.

Edited by fuego