Montee Ball's Work Load To Much To Draft?

THE ICEMAN

Just looking at RB's for this upcoming draft and noticed Montee Ball has 900 carries in his collage career and back to back 300 + carry seasons but was very productive just don't know if he'd still be worth a 1st or 2nd rounder with that kind of work load.

Who else is a top talent at RB,TE or DE? I don't watch a ton of collage ball so I really don't know anybody besides the top tier guys that won't be their at the end of the 1st round.

Guest facelessman07

Apparently we've been scouting Mike Gillislee pretty heavily, he's got roughly under 400 carries in his career. I don't watch much college ball either but I'm glad its all but guaranteed we'll be drafting one next year

I would like TD to find a fullback on a team with established RBs, a guy who can block like crazy and gains good yardage the few times he runs the ball. That was how we found William Andrews. We got Andrews in the third round.

And if this player could catch passes? Well, Andrews caught over 80 passes one year.....

I would like TD to find a fullback on a team with established RBs, a guy who can block like crazy and gains good yardage the few times he runs the ball. That was how we found William Andrews. We got Andrews in the third round.

And if this player could catch passes? Well, Andrews caught over 80 passes one year.....

We have one, its just that he is on IR right now.

Ewing.

The concern with Ball was the he was just a product of the Wisconsin O-line, I watched a lot of tape on the kid and he's a strong runner who has some good speed, I wouldn't mind at all taking him in the 3rd or possibly the 4th. Gillislee is probably going to end up going in the second by helping his draft stock at senior game in January, I'd love to have Jacob Lacey as well, solid runner.

Andrews was described as 'like getting a cadillac that can get 25 mpg' and back then, 25 mpg was a huge thing, LOL

would love to see a william andrews clone find his way into a Falcons uniform

Give me Mike Gillislee. This RB class if very good for a team like us. We don't really need a workhorse so the 3rd-5th round backs will fit in just nicely. What I like most about Gillislee is his speed, vision and pass blocking. David Wilson has the first two, but not the last one and it kills the Giants. Montee Ball is a good back and would be good to have here as well but I think his career will be shorter because of his workload in Wisconsin. Take Gillislee and double up on Marcus Lattimore.

Give me Mike Gillislee. This RB class if very good for a team like us. We don't really need a workhorse so the 3rd-5th round backs will fit in just nicely. What I like most about Gillislee is his speed, vision and pass blocking. David Wilson has the first two, but not the last one and it kills the Giants. Montee Ball is a good back and would be good to have here as well but I think his career will be shorter because of his workload in Wisconsin. Take Gillislee and double up on Marcus Lattimore.

Agree, but for the Lattimore part, unless he is undrafted.

Agree, but for the Lattimore part, unless he is undrafted.

6th round to later. I personally don't think he will be like McGahee. He's got two bad knee injuries to both knees and wasn't working a light load at S. Car. That's my concern with him. A very late round pick would be worth it in my opinion because it guarantees we get him and let's him sit behind Quizz, Snelling and whoever we draft.

6th round to later. I personally don't think he will be like McGahee. He's got two bad knee injuries to both knees and wasn't working a light load at S. Car. That's my concern with him. A very late round pick would be worth it in my opinion because it guarantees we get him and let's him sit behind Quizz, Snelling and whoever we draft.

Too many holes to draft twice at RB. Assuming 8 picks, you'd like to hit DE, TE, OG, LB, WR, RB, DT through 6 rounds. That still leaves one choice for an extra Safety or combo CB/KR or WR/KR.

Guest Negatorris

I think he could have success here. We have great personal trainers, and he won't have to carry as much as he has in college. Maybe 150-200 a year depending on his productivity. Plus he's be with his teammates Ewing and Konz. Wouldn't mind giving him a shot, but I'd be cautious.

Andrews was described as 'like getting a cadillac that can get 25 mpg' and back then, 25 mpg was a huge thing, LOL

would love to see a william andrews clone find his way into a Falcons uniform

Even if it takes a first round pick...at the end of the round hopefully.

That I could live with.

BTW I remember that quote from Bennett...

Too many holes to draft twice at RB. Assuming 8 picks, you'd like to hit DE, TE, OG, LB, WR, RB, DT through 6 rounds. That still leaves one choice for an extra Safety or combo CB/KR or WR/KR.

Really not that many holes. Like you said, those positions through 6 rounds, which includes 1 RB. I said use a 6th or later on Lattimore. Why can't the WR be a WR/KR combo? The WR doesn't have to be a top 3 guy since they finally realize HD is alive. I think we can afford to double up on RB for a guy like Lattimore. Lattimore has top 5 RB type ceiling. If he gets healthy after a full year off, a combo of Quizz, Gillislee, and Lattimore would be a very good stable.