M2Falcons - 2013 Mock Draft V1

PapaJoe

FA re-sign: Moore - S; Baker - LT; Owens - CB; Walker - DT

FA release/Retired: Gonzalez - TE; Sidbury - DE; Grimes - CB; Cox - FB; McClure - C; Peterson - LB; Reynolds - G/T; McCown - QB, Svitek - T

Return from Injury: Ewing - FB

Players on rise: Massaquoi - DE/OLB; Holmes - T; Schiller - LB; Mitchell S

I included alternate picks in rounds 6 and 7. Approximate FA Comp Picks (Lofton and Weems). The last pick, Boren, is insurance to replace Ewing (or Cox) if needed, but he moved to ILB for Ohio St late in season and did VERY well at LB. He could play ST, FB, and ILB.

1 #32 Ezekial Ansah DE/OLB 6'5" - 270 BYU

2 #62 Larry Warford G 6'3" - 343 Kentucky * (Browns & Saints have no Rd. 2 picks)

3 #94 Marcus Lattimore RB 6'0" - 220 So Carolina

4 #126 * Dion Sims TE 6'5" - 285 Michigan St

4comp #130++ Robert Alford CB 5'11" - 188 SE Louisiana (Lofton)

5 #170 * Brandon Williams DT 6'3" - 328 Mizz So St

5b Josh Boyd DT 6'3' - 300 Miss St

6 #205 * Aaron Mellette WR 6'4" - 225 Elon

6b Mike Catapano DE/OLB 6'4" - 270 Princeton

7 #240 * Sanders Commings CB 6'1" - 216 Georgia

7comp # 245++ Zach Boren FB/ILB Ohio St (Weems)

Edited by m2Falcons

First two picks aren't happening. We're not going to get a top 15 DE at the end of the first round and were not going to get a first round quality Guard at the end of the 2nd.

Lattimore in the 3rd makes no sense as he likely goes undrafted.

Mellete won't be there in the 6th and you have another 2nd round guy going in the 7th???

But what if Lattimore is ready for Camp, or even mid-season?

He would have to clear medical exam and be responding very well but what if he does ??!!

Look at what Adrian Peterson has accomplished in less than 12 months....

Besides, until he's gone.... i am not counting on Turner leaving. Smitty seems to love him so i am wary of counting that chicken even next year since he has a year remaining on the contract that we could decide to pay

First two picks aren't happening. We're not going to get a top 15 DE at the end of the first round and were not going to get a first round quality Guard at the end of the 2nd.

Mellete won't be there in the 6th and you have another 2nd round guy going in the 7th???

Where Ansah lands is debatable at this point; he may go mid-1st and he may not go til much later.

Warford is the #3 Guard by most accounts... just how high do you think #3 Guards are going to go in general?!!?

Mellete maybe not there that late.

Commings isn't going to sniff the 2nd Rd... or 3rd... or 4th, barring some miracle change in rankings!!!

Lattimore will be drafted, probably in 3rd or 4th, IF his recovery is on track/going well. I am clearly assuming the best.

Ensah is the type of guy that will have a wicked combine and increase his draft stock and make teams fall in love with him. I like your draft and I do think Warford will be their in the second. If Ensah isn't there I wouldn't be apposed to draft Alex Okafor who is my top pick for DE or we could possibly go Barrett Jones if he is still their. Overall good draft, Lattimore's draft stock will go on based if he can perform at the combine or not and if his knee is going to be fine, Lattimore is a HUGE risk/reward player, can make our offense way more dynamic or can put a ton of pressure on Quizz to carry the load for 2013.

This mock is good man take it for what it is Ms. Cleo. You hardly ever see 3-4 guards go first round, and same with the DEs, it's hard to think that 6 DEs go first round.

But what if Lattimore is ready for Camp, or even mid-season?

He would have to clear medical exam and be responding very well but what if he does ??!!

Look at what Adrian Peterson has accomplished in less than 12 months....

Besides, until he's gone.... i am not counting on Turner leaving. Smitty seems to love him so i am wary of counting that chicken even next year since he has a year remaining on the contract that we could decide to pay

Not doubting Lattimore, but AP is another type of beast. He did something that was really never seen.

This mock is good man take it for what it is Ms. Cleo. You hardly ever see 3-4 guards go first round, and same with the DEs, it's hard to think that 6 DEs go first round.

Yea...but the 3rd best guard in the draft who has 1st round talent is not falling to the very end of the 2nd. It's not happening and scouts are in love with Ansah's ability.

Yea...but the 3rd best guard in the draft who has 1st round talent is not falling to the very end of the 2nd. It's not happening and scouts are in love with Ansah's ability.

3rd best guard can definitely fall, these first two-three rounds will be loaded. Ansah maybe rising and is a potential top 15-20 pick. We will see though.

3rd best guard can definitely fall, these first two-three rounds will be loaded. Ansah maybe rising and is a potential top 15-20 pick. We will see though.

No Ansah is a potential Top 15 pick, not a top 20 pick. I'm not saying I'm agreeing with that but that's what I'm hearing and no, Larry Warford will not fall that far. That is beyond wishful thinking to believe that. Six guards were drafted last year before the 62nd pick and Warford is better than 4 of them (Silatolu, Konz, Allen, and Osemele)

No Ansah is a potential Top 15 pick, not a top 20 pick. I'm not saying I'm agreeing with that but that's what I'm hearing and no, Larry Warford will not fall that far. That is beyond wishful thinking to believe that. Six guards were drafted last year before the 62nd pick and Warford is better than 4 of them (Silatolu, Konz, Allen, and Osemele)

Zodiac,

You could be right, you could be wrong. It's a mock in December btw based on a lot of current information available' things can certainly change.

As for the Guards... just in general, go look at a site somewhere that covers all 32 Team Needs and you will see that there are a BIG BIG number of teams out there that have some severe NEEDS at a whole lot of positions!! The Falcons personnel/roster is actually in some of the best shape in the NFL, and that includes pending Free Agency & Retirement aspects too!

All I'm saying is... as crazy as the Drafts have been going, you could see it be just as nutty this year. Don't assume that the guards all fly off the board this year. After all, SIX were drafted high last draft, some the year before; and btw... some of those picks have NOT worked out for those teams using such HIGH picks to get them.

The QB class is in total disaray so a lot of differing opinions there and not likely to settle out pre-draft too much i think either. Remember that the Draft is a BPA and Team Need combo event. To wit... if I have Gronkowski and Hernandez, am i really going to draft another TE this year??!

Top 15, top 20 who gives a crap man that's 5 spots, get off your high horse. This is all coming from a guy who mocked us Eifert. He could get picked as high as top 20, doesn't mean he will: Jermaine Gresham - pick 21, Brandon Pettigrew - pick 20. Eifert is more likely to be gone by our first pick than Warford is. Yeah 2011 a lot of guard were taken, sure. But in 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010, only one Guard was taken in the first two rounds. 2011 was different, and funny you mentioned Konz as a G, everyone knows he is a C so that was a reach there. So I will say again, I believe Ansah and Warford could land at our picks based on years passed. Edited by A-TowN.-

Top 15, top 20 who gives a crap man that's 5 spots, get off your high horse. This is all coming from a guy who mocked us Eifert. He could get picked as high as top 20, doesn't mean he will: Jermaine Gresham - pick 21, Brandon Pettigrew - pick 20. Eifert is more likely to be gone by our first pick than Warford is. Yeah 2011 a lot of guard were taken, sure. But in 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010, only one Guard was taken in the first two rounds. 2011 was different, and funny you mentioned Konz as a G, everyone knows he is a C so that was a reach there. So I will say again, I believe Ansah and Warford could land at our picks based on years passed.

Ensah wouldn't be my top choice, but if we ended up with him and Warford in the first two rounds then I won't be too upset, I think Ensah will be a good player but I also think he needs to learn a lot and possibly add a little weight, why I think we will consider him is simply because he can play inside and outside, he also always tries to swat ball if he can't get to the QB which makes him that much more attractive, but he may increase his draft stock at the combine, which may make him go earlier then he should !

Zodiac,

You could be right, you could be wrong. It's a mock in December btw based on a lot of current information available' things can certainly change.

As for the Guards... just in general, go look at a site somewhere that covers all 32 Team Needs and you will see that there are a BIG BIG number of teams out there that have some severe NEEDS at a whole lot of positions!! The Falcons personnel/roster is actually in some of the best shape in the NFL, and that includes pending Free Agency & Retirement aspects too!

All I'm saying is... as crazy as the Drafts have been going, you could see it be just as nutty this year. Don't assume that the guards all fly off the board this year. After all, SIX were drafted high last draft, some the year before; and btw... some of those picks have NOT worked out for those teams using such HIGH picks to get them.

The QB class is in total disaray so a lot of differing opinions there and not likely to settle out pre-draft too much i think either. Remember that the Draft is a BPA and Team Need combo event. To wit... if I have Gronkowski and Hernandez, am i really going to draft another TE this year??!

He'll be a riser in the lead up to the draft. He has played and shut down premier competition (he pushed Sheldon Richardson around almost effortlessly and Sharrif Floyd was a non-factor against him), has ideal size and height, has surprising athleticism for someone his size, and has great technique. Draft him and shift Konz to center and suddenly our interior O-line will be top notch.

Edited by Psychic Gibbon

We'll see how it plays out. I just don't think it's a given that we can't get Warford at 62, or perhaps a little higher than that. Gabe Jackson is a possible G that isn't too bad himself so I could go for him almost as much as Warford.

Ansah may rise, he may not. I think somebody is getting a good one with him.

Oh wow nothing to say now when I prove how easily players drop and showcase how the past few drafts have had less than 3 OG taken in the first two rounds. A few drafts even have only 1 OG taken in the first two rounds. It's so **** assinine.

Looking at the past five drafts there hasn't been much premier OG talent coming in recently. Also, my guess is that Cooper will be falling while Warford rises in the coming months. Cooper is purely a zone blocking guard and you can find those later in the draft while Warford could potentially fit in any scheme.

Looking at the past five drafts there hasn't been much premier OG talent coming in recently. Also, my guess is that Cooper will be falling while Warford rises in the coming months. Cooper is purely a zone blocking guard and you can find those later in the draft while Warford could potentially fit in any scheme.

Not sure that will be the case, Cooper is a very good G in his own right and I think teams will look to convert DJ Fluker to G as well.

Warford should have a solid Senior Bowl, but he could get critiqued for having a sloppy body even though he moves very well at 340 LBs. I still don't see him falling beyond #48

Not sure that will be the case, Cooper is a very good G in his own right and I think teams will look to convert DJ Fluker to G as well.

Warford should have a solid Senior Bowl, but he could get critiqued for having a sloppy body even though he moves very well at 340 LBs. I still don't see him falling beyond #48

I'm not saying he's bad by any stretch, just that he's purely a zone blocking O-lineman and they're dime and dozen. My guess is that he'll fall so he's a better value pick.

Edited by Psychic Gibbon