Runningbacks At The Senior Bowl 2012

Unfortunately everyone is going to get a really good look at these 2 and at Barner, so we're not going to be able to sleep on them as much and will end up having to take them much earlier. Right now people are mocking us Gillislee in the 3rd, he's going to end up as a late 1st round projection by the end of Senior Bowl week, the kid just runs way too hard and has too many skills to be overlooked. I know RB has a lower value in the league overall, but I'm afraid these guys are really going to elevate their draft stock come Senior Bowl time.

They may be the case, but there is so much demand for pass rushers that good players will fall and it will result in other good players falling to later rounds, there is a couple guy's i'd like in this draft and Gillislee is one of them, another one I really like is Montee Ball, Senior Bowl should be interesting this year !

They may be the case, but there is so much demand for pass rushers that good players will fall and it will result in other good players falling to later rounds, there is a couple guy's i'd like in this draft and Gillislee is one of them, another one I really like is Montee Ball, Senior Bowl should be interesting this year !

I think Montee just benefits from the scheme and great blocking. Wisconsin backs always do well there and are less than stellar in the pros.

I think Montee just benefits from the scheme and great blocking. Wisconsin backs always do well there and are less than stellar in the pros.

You know I hear that a lot, I really do and I do believe it to some point, but the moves he puts on linebackers are how strong he runs is all on him as well, he is a guy that gets in the endzone and can break tackles, I try to be easy on my judgement of him because of the Wisconsin running style but the more and more tape I watch the more I like him

Edited by Adam3328

You know I hear that a lot, I really do and I do believe it to some point, but the moves he puts on linebackers are how strong he runs is all on him as well, he is a guy that gets in the endzone and can break tackles, I try to be easy on my judgement of him because of the Wisconsin running style but the more and more tape I watch the more I like him

Glad I am not the only person who feels this way. While I do agree that Ball benefits from good blocking / scheme on the initial level he still makes defenders miss and breaks tackles to make big plays.

Glad I am not the only person who feels this way. While I do agree that Ball benefits from good blocking / scheme on the initial level he still makes defenders miss and breaks tackles to make big plays.

agreed, he can also catch the ball well out of the backfield, which is what our offense needs as well, he would be an upgrade over Turner and could be opening day starter for sure. There is a couple of backs I wouldn't mind but for me, I'd prefer Ball, glad I have someone to agree with me lol

agreed, he can also catch the ball well out of the backfield, which is what our offense needs as well, he would be an upgrade over Turner and could be opening day starter for sure. There is a couple of backs I wouldn't mind but for me, I'd prefer Ball, glad I have someone to agree with me lol

I would take a few other guys over Ball because at the end of the day the Wisconsin track records for RBs aint great. Big Ten RBs usually get to the NFL and be marginal at best.

I would take a few other guys over Ball because at the end of the day the Wisconsin track records for RBs aint great. Big Ten RBs usually get to the NFL and be marginal at best.

I agree to some point, but the fact is DE and OG is a huge hole in this team and should be addressed in the first two picks, where we can get two quality players to hopefully be the future at that position. Ball fits perfectly into what we need in the 3rd a back who can split carries and sometimes get 20+ carries a game to take some relief off Ryan and Quizz. Gillislee will most likely go in the second, if not earlier based on a good draft combine and I think TD will address the trenches before he goes into RB and WR. I personally hope we get Barrett Jones in the first and since Okafor's draft stock is falling try and grab him in the second.

I agree to some point, but the fact is DE and OG is a huge hole in this team and should be addressed in the first two picks, where we can get two quality players to hopefully be the future at that position. Ball fits perfectly into what we need in the 3rd a back who can split carries and sometimes get 20+ carries a game to take some relief off Ryan and Quizz. Gillislee will most likely go in the second, if not earlier based on a good draft combine and I think TD will address the trenches before he goes into RB and WR. I personally hope we get Barrett Jones in the first and since Okafor's draft stock is falling try and grab him in the second.

I don't know about Barret in the first. I have heard people say he was a 3rd round guy (Mel Kiper).

I don't know about Barret in the first. I have heard people say he was a 3rd round guy (Mel Kiper).

maybe at centre. he's still a first round tackle imo and his versatility to play all positions in a pinch comes very handy. he just needs to settle down into 1 main position. it was his first year playing centre remember.

Edited by Rai

maybe at centre. he's still a first round tackle imo and his versatility to play all positions in a pinch comes very handy. he just needs to settle down into 1 main position. it was his first year playing centre remember.

I'm pretty sure Mel was factoring in LT. I think he is a good LT not great though. Who knows though I didn't think SamBaker was a first round LT, but they had a run on them in the first so that could happen again.

• 2 weeks later...

Other than Richardson & Ingram, who else picked up a RB in the first? I think this year's crop of RBs will be in the 2nd round before any of em hear their name.

Gio Bernard will go in the first probably be going in the first round, depends if certain runningbacks have solid combines and senior bowl weeks to move up into the second, I think Gillislee from Florida and Stepfan Taylor end up going in the second round, but mostly 3rd and 4th round picks.

Gio Bernard will go in the first probably be going in the first round, depends if certain runningbacks have solid combines and senior bowl weeks to move up into the second, I think Gillislee from Florida and Stepfan Taylor end up going in the second round, but mostly 3rd and 4th round picks.

That was my thought...I didn't think many would go in the first, or if they did it would be the very end of the first.

That was my thought...I didn't think many would go in the first, or if they did it would be the very end of the first.

yea, plus with players like Alfred Morris and Arian Foster being late rounds or un drafted free agents and being all star's I don't think anyone will take a RB in the first, there are so many DE's in this draft that it probably be more of a defensive draft in the first round, just my opinion tho.

yea, plus with players like Alfred Morris and Arian Foster being late rounds or un drafted free agents and being all star's I don't think anyone will take a RB in the first, there are so many DE's in this draft that it probably be more of a defensive draft in the first round, just my opinion tho.

Some teams will make one helluva reach on QB's I think. I'm predicting Barkley, Geno, and Logan from OK to go way before they should.

Some teams will make one helluva reach on QB's I think. I'm predicting Barkley, Geno, and Logan from OK to go way before they should.

Oh for sure, they gotta tho in search of that franchise qb.

3rd round is where we need to start looking at RB. Ball should be there in the late third and it's not a bad spot to grab him. If Lacy declares though, it's possible that he would be there in the 3rd and I would take him over Ball.

3rd round is where we need to start looking at RB. Ball should be there in the late third and it's not a bad spot to grab him. If Lacy declares though, it's possible that he would be there in the 3rd and I would take him over Ball.

I think Lacy will have a wicked combine and end up being a second round pick, I'm thinking Stepfan Taylor is more of a realistic option, he's a guy I'm really starting to like as well, had a wicked game at the rose bowl as well.