Breaking Down The Lions Offense...

ki46dinah

Lets do it....

QB - Matthew Stafford

One phrase described Matt....fratboy Dbag. I went to UGA, and cant stand the guy. He was more interested in partying than working hard in college, and it often showed on the field IMO.

Stafford is has an elite skill set for an NFL QB, but has had issues with accuracy, touch, and turnovers. That being said, he is ONLY 24 friggin years old and has a cannon and is improving in his mindset.

He could put up 450 yards on any given Sunday.

RB - LeShoure/Bell/Smith/Logan

First off, Smith is capable but seldom used, probably because he runs too upright and is tall, and is slow as balls. But he can fill in OK if needed.

Bell has some real skill, is having very good averages this season, and catches the ball well.

Logan is mainly a returner.

LeShoure...injury prone, much maligned, but is the starter the Lions need to get going. Reminds me of Williams on the Panthers.

WR - Johnson/Durham/Thomas

I dont need to talk about Johnson....

Mike Thomas...flashed a lot of ability at Jacksonville...Percy Harvin-esque. But like Percy, a headache in the locker room at Jacksonville too. He is new to the team, but has played in 7 games so far so he is a regular.

Kris Durham, old buddy of Stafford, was a good wideout at UGA alongside AJ Green. Tall, had long speed, and valid hands he is a decent compliment to Johnson. I watched his first starting game against GB, and he made a highlight catch but also wasnt on the same page as Stafford a few times. Then, worst of all, last week during an INT of Stafford, Kris entirely gave up chasing a DB after about 5 yards when he was still in his own endzone. The opposing DB streaked down the field for an eventual 100 yard-ish TD. Thats pizz poor effort for a guy luckily snagged up by the Lions, then even more luckily called up to start FROM THE PRACTICE SQUAD. You might never get this chance again Kris, play your HEART OUT.

TE - Pettigrew, Sheffler

Good combo...Petti is a good blocker and a solid receiver, and they use Sheffler all over the field similar to Hernandez of the Patriots. He lines up at FB, TE, and slot wideout. Again, Good combo.

They've really been working the spread runs the past few weeks. It gave us trouble last season, if my memory serves me right. The key for us will be to stop the run early and build a lead. They get in scramble mode when that happens, and they might pack it in to some degree. If we mess around and let them get up early, get the crowd in the game, and get the pass rush going, we'll have big trouble.

On offense, take the gameplan from last week and it's very similar. Get the run going early, hurt them with screens, and air it out as the game gets going.

I expect them to try and run the ball like they did against GB. We will be geared to stop the pass (Johnson), so they may find some success in the run game. However I doubt they have in sense to stick with it.

They come across as one of the most bumbling, mentally weak teams in the league. They just eventually make bone-headed plays every game. On D, they do one thing well, and nothing else. If we come to play, we should win easy, but they are capable of sticking with us, if we come out slow.

Lets do it....

QB - Matthew Stafford

One phrase described Matt....fratboy Dbag. I went to UGA, and cant stand the guy. He was more interested in partying than working hard in college, and it often showed on the field IMO.

Stafford is has an elite skill set for an NFL QB, but has had issues with accuracy, touch, and turnovers. That being said, he is ONLY 24 friggin years old and has a cannon and is improving in his mindset.

He could put up 450 yards on any given Sunday.

RB - LeShoure/Bell/Smith/Logan

First off, Smith is capable but seldom used, probably because he runs too upright and is tall, and is slow as balls. But he can fill in OK if needed.

Bell has some real skill, is having very good averages this season, and catches the ball well.

Logan is mainly a returner.

LeShoure...injury prone, much maligned, but is the starter the Lions need to get going. Reminds me of Williams on the Panthers.

WR - Johnson/Durham/Thomas

I dont need to talk about Johnson....

Mike Thomas...flashed a lot of ability at Jacksonville...Percy Harvin-esque. But like Percy, a headache in the locker room at Jacksonville too. He is new to the team, but has played in 7 games so far so he is a regular.

Kris Durham, old buddy of Stafford, was a good wideout at UGA alongside AJ Green. Tall, had long speed, and valid hands he is a decent compliment to Johnson. I watched his first starting game against GB, and he made a highlight catch but also wasnt on the same page as Stafford a few times. Then, worst of all, last week during an INT of Stafford, Kris entirely gave up chasing a DB after about 5 yards when he was still in his own endzone. The opposing DB streaked down the field for an eventual 100 yard-ish TD. Thats pizz poor effort for a guy luckily snagged up by the Lions, then even more luckily called up to start FROM THE PRACTICE SQUAD. You might never get this chance again Kris, play your HEART OUT.

TE - Pettigrew, Sheffler

Good combo...Petti is a good blocker and a solid receiver, and they use Sheffler all over the field similar to Hernandez of the Patriots. He lines up at FB, TE, and slot wideout. Again, Good combo.

Just a couple comments:

-I disagree about Stafford. I thought he was beastly in college and got ridiculed for saying so. Buddy can gunsling it. Side armed or traditional delivery. I think he could break records eventually.

-I have watched a few Lion games. LeShoure looks very capable. Unfortunately for him the Lions don't seem to be committed to the run game. But with the way our run defense has played this season he could break a long one off in us at any given moment.

-I watched Durham play a couple times this year. I thought he would be much more of a contributor than he's been so far. Your comment about him giving up on an INT reminded me of a play one of my fav Falcons made in MIA in 2001. His name? Brian Finneran. Vick had thrown a pick down near the MIA goal line. Fin got knocked on his as. Got up, turned on the 4.7 speed, weaved his way through several blockers and popped the ball out from behind Roddy White on SF style. Big Bob Whitfield laid on it and we went on the march again. Excellent hustle play long before Roddy made it chic.

Just a couple comments:

-I disagree about Stafford. I thought he was beastly in college and got ridiculed for saying so. Buddy can gunsling it. Side armed or traditional delivery. I think he could break records eventually.

-I have watched a few Lion games. LeShoure looks very capable. Unfortunately for him the Lions don't seem to be committed to the run game. But with the way our run defense has played this season he could break a long one off in us at any given moment.

-I watched Durham play a couple times this year. I thought he would be much more of a contributor than he's been so far. Your comment about him giving up on an INT reminded me of a play one of my fav Falcons made in MIA in 2001. His name? Brian Finneran. Vick had thrown a pick down near the MIA goal line. Fin got knocked on his as. Got up, turned on the 4.7 speed, weaved his way through several blockers and popped the ball out from behind Roddy White on SF style. Big Bob Whitfield laid on it and we went on the march again. Excellent hustle play long before Roddy made it chic.

Stafford has awful mechanics. He won't take the next step until he commits to working on them in the off season. The natural talent is there but he needs to understand he can't get by on natural talent consistently in this league. You have to put the work in. If he does that while having a guy like Calvin at his disposal the sky is the limit.

I agree about LeShoure he's a very talented guy and the Lions get away from him too much. They'll try to establish him early in the game and then get away from it completely. Some of it has to do with being behind by a lot, but some of it also has to do with the play calling. That coaching staff in Detroit is in over their head IMO.

Edited by JBourneMurkedU

Guest Negatorris

Our DL will be able to pin their ears back for the most part. We will probably get an early lead, and the Lions loves passing about 80 times a game. If we get constant pressure on Stafford, I don't see why our defense can't limit them like they did last year.