"crisp" Houston

Chris actually matches up well against our top 2 WR's...he is very strong and fast, and usually plays man coverage.

As always though, Tony will be a matchup problem in the middle of the field, softening things up, and Roddy or Julio will get theres.

Most importantly, it starts up front. If we pass protect like we did last week, we carve up the Lions like anyone else.

Geez, remember when we had "Crisp" on one side and I think MeAngelo on the other? Forget who the safeties were. Then there was Jason Webster and some other guy for a short time. I forget his name but the dude couldn't cover a bed!

crocker and milloy.

Actually wasn't that poor of a secondary on paper. Hall was just constantly jumping routes and getting toasted, and we played a lot of zero coverage under Zimmer.

Geez, remember when we had "Crisp" on one side and I think MeAngelo on the other? Forget who the safeties were. Then there was Jason Webster and some other guy for a short time. I forget his name but the dude couldn't cover a bed!

Webster was gone by that time. You're thinking of Lewis Sanders

He had two pick sixes last year and let the entire NFL in INT return yards. He's doing alright over there, definitely regarded as the best guy in their secondary.

And they also have one of the least talented secondaries in the league. I do agree he has improved alot though. I think alot of hit had to do with the system he was in. Coming out of the draft everyone knew he had the measurables. Dude did like 28 reps on bench and was always a solid tackler for us.

Webster was gone by that time. You're thinking of Lewis Sanders

Bingo, that's exactly who I was thinking off when I said he couldn't cover a bed. I just could not recall his name. The guy was outright awful. My wife full well remembers me yelling at the TV, "

"Cmon dude, my grandmother can cover better than that......and she's dead!!" She used to tell me how awful I was for saying such a thing.tongue.png

Well since I named him Crisp I thought I should chime in.

Like someone said earlier BVG had him in position but he just could't get his head around. He gave up some plays. Like many, I wanted him gone.

In hindsight he was better than RobbinUs before we signed him, better as a Falcon under BVG, and better as a Lion since he left. At half the price.

Dimi should have known better. $57M with a $10.4M cap hit next year? Demoted to nickel by Nolan in 2012?

Dimitroffed.

If Houston's neck isn't broke anymore, then he is a decent CB.

He was always in position, just wouldn't turn his head and got penalties or couldn't find the ball.

His problems always seemed fixable to me.

I always disagreed with this notion. I never thought that he had a problem not turning his head. I just thought that he couldn't cover anyone.