Julio Jones Said We Were Bored With Carolina

J-Wall

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Negatorris

Not concerning me. In 5 years, that rarely has happened, and they learned from it. You could tell they didn't give a fk when they were on the field.

DeCoud was smiling after he gave up that TD to Olsen, lol.

There is only so much emotional capital a team has to spend in a year. It's fine with me that the Falcons seemed to spend absolutely none against the Panthers.

We've seen a couple of good examples of what happens when you spend every bit of it during the regular season lately.

2007 Patriots, 2011 Packers

I think I might even put the 2010 Falcons in that class.

But not the 2012 Falcons. They didn't show up for a few games but managed to still win all of those games except one.

I agree. We just looked checked out of that game. I guess its okay to have a game like that when your 11-1 (at that time)

Yea but the thing is if we had won that one, we could be clinched and cruising right now..we could sit Ryan tommorow and sacrifice McClown to Suh .......chit chit chit , how can they not have considered that an important game ?

Guest Negatorris

There is only so much emotional capital a team has to spend in a year. It's fine with me that the Falcons seemed to spend absolutely none against the Panthers.

We've seen a couple of good examples of what happens when you spend every bit of it during the regular season lately.

2007 Patriots, 2011 Packers

I think I might even put the 2010 Falcons in that class.

But not the 2012 Falcons. They didn't show up for a few games but managed to still win all of those games except one.

Yea but the thing is if we had won that one, we could be clinched and cruising right now..we could sit Ryan tommorow and sacrifice McClown to Suh .......chit chit chit , how can they not have considered that an important game ?

This team is one of the last teams on this Earth you want sitting for a couple of games. Recent history has shown that nothing good comes out of resting your players. All it does is make your offense go out of sync and your quarterback rusty. Peyton and Aaron could've probably cruised to the Super Bowl had they not sat the final games.

What a loser thread. We (and I) make fun of other teams and players making excuses like this. We just got our butts beat by the better team that day. It happens.

It's Julio. He's a competitor if youve ever done any background looks on him, not one to make excuses. I'd believe our team literally just didn't care going up against the panthers, it sure as helI didn't look like we were trying out there

It's Julio. He's a competitor if youve ever done any background looks on him, not one to make excuses. I'd believe our team literally just didn't care going up against the panthers, it sure as helI didn't look like we were trying out there

This would be like being bored with the Saints. I know it's not quite the same rivalry, but how can you be 'bored' with a division rival and one that's trash talking you before the game telling you they're better than you, and needing two more wins to clinch HFA? That doesn't say good things about this team.

Shoveling.gif

Lots of good spade work going on in here. Coincidentally, in week #14 of 2010, on the way to the #1 seed, we visited the Panthers, 1-11 at the time. Talk about ripe for a letdown. We blew them out 31-10.

Now, in 2012, after squeaking by the Panthers in the dome, 30-28, we head back to Charlotte, listening to Greg Hardy call the team out all week and completely failed to respond. It's not an understandable letdown, it's a worrisome no-show. An excellent showing against the Giants can't wash that away, only highlight a season of inconsistent performance. That's something we have not seen during Mike Smith's tenure.