• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest facelessman07

The credit goes to 2 sources

Exhibit A: Mularkey leaving and taking his outdated ideology with him

Exhibit B: Ryan bulking up, and wanting to take his game to the next level. I'd rather have a gunslinger that takes chances than a QB that plays it safe every time

Better pocket presence, slightly better pocket mobility, much better touch on deep ball-less rainbows.

Id like to see him take more chances still, a large amount of those INT's weren't him throwing it up letting his receivers try to make a play-they were just poor decisions off his back foot under pressure. Hes playing like a top 5 qb this year it's great and I think he'll improve even more next year with a solidified interior line and taking more chances letting Julio go up and make a play

I believe that the main reason we don't see the rainbow throws from Ryan is because where we take deep throw chances.

When Ryan throws the ball as far as he can he throws rainbows. We have eliminated the rainbows by throwing deep at around mid-field. Matt doesn't have to throw it as hard as he can from mid-field because the ball would go out of the end zone. This seems to have straightened out Matt's deep ball.

I credit Matt's improved deep ball to good coaching.

I believe that the main reason we don't see the rainbow throws from Ryan is because where we take deep throw chances.

When Ryan throws the ball as far as he can he throws rainbows. We have eliminated the rainbows by throwing deep at around mid-field. Matt doesn't have to throw it as hard as he can from mid-field because the ball would go out of the end zone. This seems to have straightened out Matt's deep ball.

I credit Matt's improved deep ball to good coaching.

Yea , Matt had nothing to do with his improved deep ball. That sorry mofo.

The credit goes to 2 sources

Exhibit A: Mularkey leaving and taking his outdated ideology with him

Exhibit B: Ryan bulking up, and wanting to take his game to the next level. I'd rather have a gunslinger that takes chances than a QB that plays it safe every time

I would add in Exhibit C:

The offensive lines improved play, including the blocking of the backs and TEs, to give him the time in the pocket he needs to do his damage.

We lost Reynolds (who was the most improved player on the entire team in this offseason) Brady (our big blocking draft FB) and we're having to start a rookie at RG (Konz), but those guys deserve alot of credit for keeping Matt clean, upright, and healthy this season.

Matts off-season core-strength training helped a lot with the long balls as well.

Guest facelessman07

I would add in Exhibit C:

The offensive lines improved play, including the blocking of the backs and TEs, to give him the time in the pocket he needs to do his damage.

We lost Reynolds (who was the most improved player on the entire team in this offseason) Brady (our big blocking draft FB) and we're having to start a rookie at RG (Konz), but those guys deserve alot of credit for keeping Matt clean, upright, and healthy this season.

Matts off-season core-strength training helped a lot with the long balls as well.

The O-line at times has been stellar and at other times has been a deathwish. Ryan WILL be a top-3 QB in this league IF we get our line issues solved for good this offseason. In the words of the Men's Wearhouse guy..."I guarantee it."

Edited by facelessman07

The O-line at times has been stellar and at other times has been a deathwish. Ryan WILL be a top-3 QB in this league IF we get our line issues solved for good this offseason. In the words of the Men's Wearhouse guy..."I guarantee it."

Baker is finally getting healthy and is more experienced. Played great this year. Top 5 LTs in the game.

Reynolds can be very productive for us at RG. He's shown that. Just needs to stay healthy.

Clabo has been steady and powerful for us at RT.

Konz and Hawley future Centers.

Blalock seems to be the odd man out.

What's that guys name...Manley?

I'm not sure our O-line in that bad of shape.

Guest facelessman07

We need a few pieces on the O-line homie, especially on the interior. Trust me.

This can all be fixed in the upcoming draft. I'm very interested to see what happens with Blalock, his cap hit next year is around 7 million

Btw, your sig makes it hard for me to read what you said lmao

Edited by facelessman07

Guest Negatorris

There was never anything wrong with Matt throwing deep. Dirk simply calls for deep throws at mid-field now.

Pretty sure he has an 80 yarder, 70 yarder, and 60 yarder...

I think it takes most promising rookie QBs about five years to gain the experience to reach the upper level of their potential in the NFL and Matt has been no exception. Although he clearly has been an excellent QB since he arrived, his play this year has far exceeded any previous year, pretty much in every phase of the game ~ poise, pocket mobility, passing accuracy, arm strength, reading defenses, delivering the deep ball and leadership. You rarely see Matt just throwing the ball into the stands when he's under pressure or his primary receiver is covered this season. It seemed he would do that four or five times a game every game last year. Matt Ryan is going to be the QB of the Falcons first Super Bowl victory. If he isn't, it isn't going to happen while I'm still around to celebrate it. But after the Falcons curb-stomped the Giants it looks like this very well could be the year they get it done.

Pretty sure he has an 80 yarder, 70 yarder, and 60 yarder...

He does have long TD passes. I would argue that the majority are thrown from mid field though. Even the broadcasters mentioned that we take our deep shots around the mid field. This isn't something that I just made up.

Edited by ChessPlayer1