How Many Falcons Will Make Pro Bowl Team?

Wild Bill

Good question:

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2012/12/19/atlanta-falcons-how-many-falcons-will-make-pro-bowl-team/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_falcons_blog

FLOWERY BRANCH — The fans have voted on the 2013 Pro Bowl. The players around the league are voting this week. The Falcons voted on Wednesday.

In 2010, when the Falcons finished 13-3 and won the NFC South, seven players went to the all-star game in Hawaii.

This year, safeties Thomas DeCoud and William Moore, and linebackers Sean Weatherspoon and Stephen Nicholas could be first-time Pro Bowlers. Cornerback Asante Samuel and defensive end John Abraham will likely get heavy consideration, too.

Offensively, quarterback Matt Ryan, tight end Tony Gonzalez and wide receivers Roddy White and Julio Jones are strong candidates.

Also, there is Tyson Clabo’s campaign to get veteran center Todd McClure into his first Pro Bowl.

“I feel like I’ve put a pretty good body of work out there,” said DeCoud, who has six interceptions. “That wasn’t my main goal for the season. I wanted to come out and play well and put my best foot forward and I think I did that.”

The Pro Bowl rosters will be announced on Dec. 26.

Ryan, Julio, Gonzo,Spoon,DeCoud,Samuel, Moore,

Ryan,Gonzo,Julio,Roddy,Decoud,Moore,Abe. I hope Spoon makes it but I don't think he will

I strongly disagree with Abe. He's good for us, but there are so many better options in the league than him.

Spoon is tricky. I think he's been underachieving this year, but his name carries some weight and we all know all-star games are just as much about name recognition as it is about performance on the field.

We're going to only see about 2 Falcons selected, and 0 of them as "starters" for the pro bowl.

Too much media scrutiny and negative talk around the league about the Falcons will hurt the quality players we do have.

Spoon would have made it were it not for his games missed, he's definitely a pro bowl linebacker. So with or without the name, I'm glad we have him playing for us

We're going to only see about 2 Falcons selected, and 0 of them as "starters" for the pro bowl.

Too much media scrutiny and negative talk around the league about the Falcons will hurt the quality players we do have.

Spoon would have made it were it not for his games missed, he's definitely a pro bowl linebacker. So with or without the name, I'm glad we have him playing for us

I think especially on the fan vote you will only see Ryan and Gonzalez. It would take coach and player votes to get anyone else

While I used to love seeing Falcons play in the Pro Bowl (when it was after the Super Bowl), and try to get stuff signed at the practices, now it has a different feeling. If Falcons are actually playing in the pro bowl, it means we aren't in the Super Bowl. I'd rather watch that on tv anyday that see our best players here in Hawaii for the "all star" game.

The way it is now before the Super Bowl, it's like a consolation prize. When you got guys from the Falcons, 49ers, Packers, Saints, Giants, Bears, etc. who get voted in, and a), don't want to play because they are pissed over losing the NFCCG, or B), not playing because they are getting ready for the game that matters TO THIER TEAM, it loses its luster. Those true all stars end up being replaced, sometimes twice over due to the above reasons, lack of interest or injuries by a bunch of guys from The Rams, Cardinals, Panthers, Bucs, Vikings, Lions... you get the picture.

I don't think this is his finest year.

well he was hurt, but he's been rock solid this year. Roll back the tape and watch Eli's first pick. Later in the game the Giants were driving down the field and in were in the redzone when Spoon lit up Eli (legally). That hit set the tone for the rest of the game.

I strongly disagree with Abe. He's good for us, but there are so many better options in the league than him.

Spoon is tricky. I think he's been underachieving this year, but his name carries some weight and we all know all-star games are just as much about name recognition as it is about performance on the field.

Up until the giants game Abe lead all NFC DE's in sacks. Plus he's top 2 in ff's. I think he made his case to be in. Who are the better options?

Edited by TheFatboi