Quick Question Is Julio Jones Mixed With Hispanic?

Steven_Mctowelie

Is Victor Cruz?

There are plenty of "Black" people from spanish speaking countries...

Africans made it all over the earth. One slave master spoke spanish, and another spoke poor english. No mixing required.

My wife is from El Salvador...you'd never know, until she opens her mouth and that accent comes out.

Edited by Stylo 2.0

Is Victor Cruz?

There are plenty of "Black" people from spanish speaking countries...

Africans made it all over the earth. One slave master spoke spanish, and another spoke poor english. No mixing required.

My wife is from El Salvador...you'd never know, until she opens her mouth and that accent comes out.

Victor Cruz' grandmother is hispanic.

Dude...re-read what I said.

I KNOW his grandmother is hispanic. That doesn't mean she's not black. Hispanic is a CULTURE...not a race.

Actually, "Hispanic is a culture" is a bit ridiculous too. A Mexican is Hispanic. So is a Cuban. So is a Bolivian ... They aren't the same culture though. That would be like saying "European" was a culture or "Asian".

Actually, "Hispanic is a culture" is a bit ridiculous too. A Mexican is Hispanic. So is a Cuban. So is a Bolivian ... They aren't the same culture though. That would be like saying "European" was a culture or "Asian".

I didn't say it...a TON of "Hispanic" people...my wife included say it. Are they wrong? Perhaps a peek at the video I provided will explain THEIR position in THEIR own words?

Dude...re-read what I said.

I KNOW his grandmother is hispanic. That doesn't mean she's not black. Hispanic is a CULTURE...not a race.

Actually, the term hispanic refers to region of origin. People whose origins are in a hispanic area - such as Mexico, Cuba, South America, etc.,

To be more clear - it's all the areas that were conquered by the Spaniards. Those were referred to as Hispania.

Latino refers to those Countries that were originally under the rule of the Romans at one time.

So, it is about regions and areas of origin, not race or culture.

Referring to someone as Hispanic or Latino when their origins are not from one of the Countries that fall under that category is no different than referring to someone as African American simply because of their color. Not all black people have their origins in Africa.

Maybe we should just refer to them as people?