Y'all Will Laugh At This, But I'd Sign Tim Tebow Next Year

MSalmon

I'm a total UGA homer and hate the gators--particularly Tebow's gators, but after watching the way that kid handled the NYJ fiasco I'd sign him for a couple of reasons:

1) he's got thick skin and a great attitude

2) he will play anything not just QB

3) he wants to learn as a QB

4) we have an established team and proven franchise QB

Lastly, I think it would be a good thing for Tim to come into a solid team environment backing up a proven young vet knowing **** have to learn but get playing time. I could see him on some gadget plays. Maybe a bit of wildcat or him as a H-back.

I just think overall the kids a fighter, a winner and would appreciate being treated as a viable team member by a team that is forthright about his role. IMO the NYJ made a fool of the kid. Sanchez is horrid and McCellroy (msp?) wasn't a better option than Tim. I know Tebow is showing a bit of displeasure, but I'd be pitching a fit. Denver dumped him for salary reasons in the end due to him being way overdrafted.. He wouldn't get paid much here.

If not us, I think NE would be a good spot. Another nice thing about us or NE either one, any fan wanting Tebow starting over Ryan or Brady would immediately be lynched

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No way in heII would I want that walking media circus distraction anywhere near the team that I love. Talk about wishing death upon us. Worst idea ever.

I mean the idea that we would purposefully waste good cap space on a guy who cannot do anything well is irresponsible. He can't QB , He can't run like a RB , he can't catch , he can't block , he can't do anything near as well as a player who naturally plays any of their respective positions can. So why on earth would any rationally thinking person want to bring him in just because he handled the crapshoot that was the NY Jets. Whoop-dee-freakin-doo! Okay buy him a beer if you ever meet him , don't hurt the Falcons because of it.

^^^^^^^

Like I said , dumb idea. Why convert him when you could just get a real TE? He can't catch , he has proven that. Its just dumb to over pay Tebow because he is is Tebow when you could just get a natural player at what ever position people always want to convert him to. He is a waste of time , space , and cap.

Guest facelessman07

Tebow deserves his chance, and I hope he gets it in Jacksonville where he could start. Really don't understand all the hate this dude gets. He's handled the bullsh!t in New York very well

sure, he'd be a nice presence on the team. not sure he'll settle for a part time role though.

he did take the broncos to the playoffs, and also won a tough playoff game against the defending AFC champs and a perennial super bowl contender. you can't do that if you're not an NFL talent.