The Wager

cooperbh

Back in the offseason, right around the time Swift was deep into one of his inveterate Ryan harangues, it occurred to me how easy it is for someone to incessantly spout drivel when there are no tangible consequences for doing so. I decided to find out if he were willing to actually step up and put his money where his mouth is, so to speak. I know I wasn't afraid.

The exchange below is what followed...

cooperbh: Let's cut the bullsh*t. If Matt Ryan doesn't throw for over 4K yards, 30+ TDs and win a playoff game this season, then I'll leave these boards forever. If he does do all of these things, however, you leave.

Keep in mind he has to accomplish all three of those things for me to win the bet. Are you afraid to bet against Ryan? I say you are.

Swift: Ill take that bet only if u leave Falconstalk as well but without 1 last thread with title Swift was right about Matt Ryan all this time .

If Ryan gets injured bet counts or is called off ?

cooperbh: Called off, of course.

And no, I won't leave AFT or make some stupid thread singing your praises. Your reward is I won't be here to make a fool of you anymore. That's plenty generous.

And we're talking about 30 TDs here, BTW - 2 TDs per game. That's Manning/Brady/Brees territory. So, if Ryan posts 5,000 yards and a Super Bowl victory yet only throws 29 TDs, I still walk. Are you really afraid he may accomplish all three statistical benchmarks?

If you want the childish thread and me leaving AFT, we have to make it 25 TDs instead of 30. And I won't make you post a similar thread before you leave when you lose. You just have to leave.

4,000 yards AND 25 TDs AND a playoff victory. With Ryan's limited skill set, that should be easy money for you, right?

Swift: lol you know you and Radical inside do love arguing with me . You guys do know i put up more compelling arguments then you can shake a stick but you make a fool of me hardly .

Ill give you 25 tds 4k yards 1 playoff win .

If he misses 1 game bet is not called off he should be able to get those numbers missing a game .

I want you gone from AFT if he fails . I will Like too see thread made with a good bye speach .

Me i will just dip and never be seen . scouts honor

Its going to come down to 1 playoff win and just dont see this team going to playoffs

cooperbh: You're on.

Here's the full thread:

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3943476-cut-ryan-sign-manning/page__st__200

So, for those of you who have been wondering what all of this "bet" talk that has occurred here and there between Swift and I throughout the season, now you know. That particular conversation should no longer spill over into discussions on other topics now that it has its own dedicated thread right here.

Also, the existence of this thread means that I don't have to go looking all over creation to find the original exchange to post for Swift when he is desperately trying to weasel his way out of our wager, which he has predictably already begun doing.

So... 4,000 yards passing? Check.

25 TDs? Check.

Two down, one to go.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're going to trust somebody with 100 accounts to not make account 101?

I'm sure he would just welch before he tried to sneak back on a sock account (He started laying the groundwork for that today, in fact.) Even Swift knows that his monomania and 2nd grade grammar skills would give him away on the spot.

Admit that you set the bar Low for Matt Ryan and not me with his 25 passing TDs and we will keep it at 25 TDs

This is a quote from you the other day

I originally said 30 TDs, but your ego couldn't resist the prospect of a thread created by me stating that you were right about Ryan all along. So, it was you who set the bar low, not me.

What I want to know is why didn't you just make the bet for a playoff win if you thought Ryan was fully capable of throwing for the 4K and 25 TDs?

You originally set the bar at 30 passing TDs then when I asked you to write a good bye letter

YOU COOP CHANGED THE TERMS OF RYAN PASSING TDS

Why did you change the terms of Ryan passing TDs

a) were you not confident he will reach 30 passing TDs ? guess not for you to change

I will honor the 25 passing TDs if you come in here and STATE THE REASON WHY YOU SET THE BAR SO LOW FOR OUR QB

You apologize to me for lying saying I set the bar low .

If not you better hope Ryan gets to 30 passing TDs

for the record : I did agree upon 25 passing TDs but it was YOU WHO SET THE BAR LOW

not me

now apologize bitxh

this is your quote coop you clown dog

And we're talking about 30 TDs here, BTW - 2 TDs per game. That's Manning/Brady/Brees territory. So, if Ryan posts 5,000 yards and a Super Bowl victory yet only throws 29 TDs, I still walk. Are you really afraid he may accomplish all three statistical benchmarks?

If you want the childish thread and me leaving AFT, we have to make it 25 TDs instead of 30. And I won't make you post a similar thread before you leave when you lose. You just have to leave.

That's you changing the BET TOTAL . I added a stipulation to bet with a letter of good bye

YOU CHANGED THE TOTAL FROM 30 to 25

YOU not me

admit you set the BAR LOW FOR RYAN

and I will honor .. if not it stays at 30 cause you lied and said I changed the totals

Swift, it really doesn't matter who set the bar lower because you clearly agreed to it.

Why in the world would you make such a bet against our own player?

It's because even if you won't admit it, you enjoy being right more than you enjoy the Falcons winning. And that is too bad.

Swift, it really doesn't matter who set the bar lower because you clearly agreed to it.

Why in the world would you make such a bet against our own player?

It's because even if you won't admit it, you enjoy being right more than you enjoy the Falcons winning. And that is too bad.

That's not true at all . I enjoy winning . Coop lied the other day saying I set the bar low

I know Ryan can get 4k passing yards and 25 passing TDs . He did that last year under Mularkey

I find it funny he is going to wind up with same amount of passing TDs as he did with Mularkey and everyone thought he was the problem lol

I didnt think we were going to make playoffs this year . That is why I made the bet cause I believe we weren't going to get a playoff win . In which I think we have a good chance to get a playoff win

and I will gladly honor my bet . I will also be rooting for Ryan to get his playoff win as well

if that happens I leave board for good . Not a big deal and I move on .

I just don't like dude lying saying I set the bar low for Ryan . He set the bar low with passing TDs I just agreed .

If coop admits he set the bar low . it's still on

You cant throw .875 of a TD

and 1 TD pass per game is 16.

hence 2 TD passes equates to at least 30.

but it's not 2 per game . 2 passing touchdown total is a slight difference that's the point

Is Josh Freeman having the same kind of season Ryan is ? he is only 2 passing TDs away from Ryan total ?

also Freeman has 70 less pass attempts but that is here nor there

but it's not 2 per game . 2 passing touchdown total is a slight difference that's the point

Is Josh Freeman having the same kind of season Ryan is ? he is only 2 passing TDs away from Ryan total ?

also Freeman has 70 less pass attempts but that is here nor there

2 TDs per game means that Ryan will pass for at least 30.

It's not that hard to comprehend.

Why you brought Josh Freeman into it, lord knows. The fact is only 4 QBs have thrown for more TDs than Ryan

Edited by Pudge2

2 TDs per game means that Ryan will pass for at least 30.

It's not that hard to comprehend.

Why you brought Josh Freeman into it, lord knows.

2 TDs per game is 32 Jesus Christ it's simple math . For Ryan to achieve a avg of 2 TDs per game he would have to reach 32 . Not 31 Not 30 . Not 29 . Not 28

I mean is 27 passing TDs 2 per game ?

are we rounding up

2 TDs per game is 32 Jesus Christ it's simple math . For Ryan to achieve a avg of 2 TDs per game he would have to reach 32 . Not 31 Not 30 . Not 29 . Not 28

I mean is 27 passing TDs 2 per game ?

are we rounding up

Cant you read?

2 TDs a game equals AT LEAST 30 TDs

Also, the original line of the wager says 30+ TDs, 2 x 16 = 32, which is 30+

It's simple maths...