Decoud On Nfl Am Tomorrow Morning On Nfl Network

fuego

Just saw it. For anyone who DVR'd it, it's about exactly an hour and a half into the show. Anyway Decoud said playing in disguised packages has been vital to the Falcons defense this year and he said he thinks the Packers are the biggest threat in the NFC. He ended it by singing some Barry Manilow which was funny as ****.

DeCoud is hilarious. I used to make fun of him but he has a really unique personality and has completely thrived under Nolan's guidance...

TD and McKay look like geniuses now. If he keeps this play up, his contract will be one of the biggest bargains in the NFL.

3/6/2012: Signed a five-year, $17.5 million contract. The deal contains $4 million guaranteed, including a $3 million signing bonus and $1 million of DeCoud's first-year base salary. Another $3.5 million is available through escalators in the contract's final two seasons based on playing time, interceptions, and Pro Bowl berths. 2012: $1.4 million, 2013: $1.9 million, 2014: $4.2 million, 2015: $3.4 million, 2016: $3.6 million, 2017: Free Agent

TD and McKay look like geniuses now. If he keeps this play up, his contract will be one of the biggest bargains in the NFL.

3/6/2012: Signed a five-year, $17.5 million contract. The deal contains $4 million guaranteed, including a $3 million signing bonus and $1 million of DeCoud's first-year base salary. Another $3.5 million is available through escalators in the contract's final two seasons based on playing time, interceptions, and Pro Bowl berths. 2012: $1.4 million, 2013: $1.9 million, 2014: $4.2 million, 2015: $3.4 million, 2016: $3.6 million, 2017: Free Agent

Looks like he is definitely on track to hit those escalators... Still a **** of a bargain!

they love DeCoud on NFLAm

I love him too. Been one of my favorite falcons since he joined the team. He always has time for the fans. He'll smile, chat, joke with you - and he doesn't change. He truly has a love of life and a love of the game. He makes you feel better when you're around him - because he lights up the place with his smile.

Further, I'm so happy he's coming into his own on the team. He only makes the Falcons better.

Ill eat my crow though. I thought he was too slow, not quick enough, lacked the ball skills, and not instinctive enough to play the safety position in the NFL. Turns out...I was wrong.

The safety position is playmaking-friendly in Nolan's system. I always knew that Nolan would improve this defense but I had my doubts about DeCoud. Bravo DeCoud.

DeCoud is odd, he comes off really, really bright when interviewed. Just crazy he hasn't been better quicker.

Happy he is balling, but really make me wonder what the **** BVG was doing.

Crazy thing is I thought he had a really good season in '09. Struggled in 2010 and was ok last year. I am glad he's playing at such a high-level this year. I do think a lot of it has to do with Nolan > BVG.