Don Banks Get Over The Hate

6 falcons_50.png

Last Week: 6

Atlanta Falcons (12-2)

No disrespect intended, but I think even Falcons fans know their team isn't quite that good, and the Giants aren't quite that bad. But the 34-0 mauling of the defending Super Bowl champs had to feel pretty cathartic for an Atlanta team that got embarrassed by New York in last year's playoffs, and was coming off a no-show performance at Carolina. If there was a coordinator of the year award handed out by the league, Falcons DC Mike Nolan might win it.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20121219/nfl-week-15-power-rankings/#ixzz2FWHl0J1c

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SMH over his whole disrespect of the Falcons. If it actually made sense it would be one thing, but these writers go to heights of irrational thinking to make their case. It's just weird.

The thing is, I think we really ARE that good. We finally showed what we're capable of.

Edited by fuego

I don't think that its the Falcons really "aren't that good"......I just think its the NY Giants really "aren't that bad".

Nobody thinks if we played the Giants again we would win by 34 points. Some days your team just does not show up - kind of like the Falcons the week before.

NY Giants have a SuperBowl pedigree.

Falcons have the makings of a team that can contend for SuperBowl.

6 falcons_50.png

Last Week: 6

Atlanta Falcons (12-2)

No disrespect intended, but I think even Falcons fans know their team isn't quite that good, and the Giants aren't quite that bad. But the 34-0 mauling of the defending Super Bowl champs had to feel pretty cathartic for an Atlanta team that got embarrassed by New York in last year's playoffs, and was coming off a no-show performance at Carolina. If there was a coordinator of the year award handed out by the league, Falcons DC Mike Nolan might win it.

Read More: http://sportsillustr.../#ixzz2FWHl0J1c

I don't see any problem with this. He said "no disrespect intended". There is no team that will regularly beat an opponent 34-0 and there is no team that will regularly lose 34-0. The Falcons played their A game, the Giants played their F game. That's why we blew out a good team. It was great to watch. But if we meet in the playoffs it'll most likely be a close game. When we played in Carolina, we played our F game. That's why they crushed us.

If someone can point out where he is wrong, without saying "he's a hater just like everyone else", please tell me.

I don't see any problem with this. The Falcons played their A game, the Giants played their F game. That's why we blew out a good team. If we meet in the playoffs it'll most likely be a close game. When we played in Carolina, we played our F game. That's why they crushed us.

I disagree. I think the Falcon's A game prevented the Giants from playing their A game and caused them to appear as though they weren't playing that well. If the Falcons had not kept pouring it on offensively and defensively, I'm pretty sure the Giants would've suddenly been bringing their A game and putting points on the board.

I don't see any problem with this. He said "no disrespect intended". There is no team that will regularly beat an opponent 34-0 and there is no team that will regularly lose 34-0. The Falcons played their A game, the Giants played their F game. That's why we blew out a good team. If we meet in the playoffs it'll most likely be a close game. When we played in Carolina, we played our F game. That's why they crushed us.

Even when a team plays their F game, they still don't get shutout 34-0

Even when a team plays their F game, they still don't get shutout 34-0

They were down to around their V or W game.....

And to the poster who said Banks was okay because he said "No disrespect intended".....People always say "No disrespect intended" right before they disrespect you.

I disagree. I think the Falcon's A game prevented the Giants from playing their A game and caused them to appear as though they weren't playing that well. If the Falcons had not kept pouring it on offensively and defensively, I'm pretty sure the Giants would've suddenly been bringing their A game and putting points on the board.

You have a point, but it's really a case of the chicken or the egg. Did we force them to play terrible or were they just naturally bad that day?

This ranking makes completely NO SENSE!! He has Denver #1 BUT look at the games they've won, they have lost to EVERY TEAM they have faced who you have in the top 10!! The HIGHEST ranked team they have beat were the Ravens at #11. But yet the Falcons have beat 3 teams in your top 10, including the BRONCOS, and yet you have them at #6. This literally makes ZERO sense

I've got no problem with what Banks said. None at all.

But I've seen a couple of our board members touting the "the Giants just didn't show up" BS. Coincidentally, it is invariably the same guys who thought the Falcons would lose the game.

That's not what happened.

Nolan confused Eli. Perry Fewell couldn't confuse Matt.

An azz kicking ensued.

They were down to around their V or W game.....

And to the poster who said Banks was okay because he said "No disrespect intended".....People always say "No disrespect intended" right before they disrespect you.

I didn't say he was "okay", I've never read him. I just said I don't see anything wrong with what he wrote.

I don't see any problem with this. He said "no disrespect intended". There is no team that will regularly beat an opponent 34-0 and there is no team that will regularly lose 34-0. The Falcons played their A game, the Giants played their F game. That's why we blew out a good team. It was great to watch. But if we meet in the playoffs it'll most likely be a close game. When we played in Carolina, we played our F game. That's why they crushed us.

If someone can point out where he is wrong, without saying "he's a hater just like everyone else", please tell me.

Ok then how did the Giants "crush" the Falcons 24-2? This just shows the media bias, the performance by the Giants was just as dominant as the Falcons was this year.

But I've seen a couple of our board members touting the "the Giants just didn't show up" BS. Coincidentally, it is invariably the same guys who thought the Falcons would lose the game.

Nolan confused Eli. Perry Fewell couldn't confuse Matt.

An azz kicking ensued.

Eli threw the first pick not because he didn't show up but Spoon was in his face and had to get rid of the ball and Samuels made a great read. It was a great Blitz by Spoon pushing back David Wilson. Credit to Nolan for putting a great game plan, front 7 for putting pressure on Eli and Secondary for coverage.

That would be me. I thought the Giants would win. I'm glad I was wrong.

Fine, we confused Eli and Fewell didn't confuse Matt, but did you see a similarity between our effort and body language against the Panthers and the Giants' against us? I did.

Furthermore, this game wasn't all about Matt and Eli. Not counting kneel downs, we gained only....35 more rushing yards (with 15 more attempts!!) than the Giants did. However, who had the better day running? The stats say the Giants did. I say we ran VERY well and the Giants ran VERY poorly.