Stat Of The Day Quadruple Feature

Peyton

Stat Number One

I don't think people realize that the Falcons defense is tied for 1st in the NFL in TD passes allowed with 13.

Stat Number Two

The Falcons defense is first in the league in TD / INT ratio at .72 TDs per 1 INT. I don't think that is a real stat but it should be.

Stat Number Three

The Falcons have only given up 6 TD receptions by WRs all season long. Jerry Rice scored 5 TDs in a game by himself against the Falcons one time.

Stat Number Four

The Falcons have not given up a TD reception to a WR in 5 consecutive games, during which time they have played Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Vincent Jackson, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, Marquise Colston, and Lance Moore.

Pretty Impressive. I have to say that is all pretty impressive.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Eric Allen says we don't slow down elite offenses usually.

I know people say this all the time here , but I really think a lot of these guys don't even watch our games. I really think they might see a highlight here or there of a 30yd run and come up with retarded ideas like that one.

I know people say this all the time here , but I really think a lot of these guys don't even watch our games. I really think they might see a highlight here or there of a 30yd run and come up with ******** ideas like that one.

Eric Allen was a GREAT football player.

But like almost every single player that becomes a media guy, he is lazy as a media guy.

Eric Allen was a GREAT football player.

But like almost every single player that becomes a media guy, he is lazy as a media guy.

I was watching NFL live yesterday and Damien Woddy the ex OT came out and said it I think he was the first was that Mike Nolan's scheme less a consistent pass rush is straight up best in the league and he also mentioned how well our defense played against elite QB's.Less to say I was stunned a OT of all people who actually watched the tape.As above alot of these other guys must not and it stunn's me a guy like Allen a ex all pro CB chooses not see how good our secondary is man I can see now why the Falcons don't get what they deserve from the media and commentators alike.

Stat Number Three

The Falcons have only given up 6 TD receptions by WRs all season long. Jerry Rice scored 5 TDs in a game by himself against the Falcons one time.

Stat Number Four

The Falcons have not given up a TD reception to a WR in 5 consecutive games, during which time they have played Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Vincent Jackson, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, Marquise Colston, and Lance Moore.

Those are pretty bizarre/impressive stats. That says a lot about our secondary. I think we gave up a TD to Greg Olsen and I can't remember if any TEs on the Bucs scored against us. Does anyone remember who was covering (or supposed to cover) Olsen? If it was a LB, then I double the props to our secondary!

Side note - unfortunately for Fitzgerald, I don't think he's catching any TDs anytime soon with those QBs

Those are pretty bizarre/impressive stats. That says a lot about our secondary. I think we gave up a TD to Greg Olsen and I can't remember if any TEs on the Bucs scored against us. Does anyone remember who was covering (or supposed to cover) Olsen? If it was a LB, then I double the props to our secondary!

Side note - unfortunately for Fitzgerald, I don't think he's catching any TDs anytime soon with those QBs

It was Decoud

The thing I am most impressed with is that we have done all that without having a truly dominant pass rush. Its amazing to look at what he have done to Peyon, Brees and Eli.

Agree 100%. To have virtually no pass rush and rank that high in not allowing passing TD's is nothing short of incredible. Nolan deserves a ton of credit for getting the most out of the talent he has to work with.

Edited by PokerSteve

Guest Negatorris

It was DeCoud.