Will The Game Be Simulcasted On Local Channels Saturday?

Infinitepwnz

My cheap self cut the cord a few months back, and I just use an over the air antenna now. Normally, they do simulcast on ABC. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything? I am planning on having folks over and I want to make sure it will be before I invite everyone smile.png

Have you tried plugging a cable wire into the wall outlet? More often than not cable companies are too lazy to cut off the feed and you can still get basic cable, they just want the cable boxes back*. Or if you live in an apartment building there's no way to turn off each unit individually so most of the time you can just plug a cable into the wall outlet and get your basic package. I found that out the hard way after using over the air antennas fresh out of college. (ABC/Fox came in well in one room, CBS/NBC/PBS in another) . Then on a rainy day I just tried a spare cable I had and there it was clear as day I got almost every channel I usually watch. Worth a shot!

*I say that while Direct TV refused to come pick up the boxes we had with them OR send me a shipping label to send them back so I took a picture of the units in the trash and emailed it to them 3 months later, their response? Thank you for returning your cable boxes. Crazy.

Have you tried plugging a cable wire into the wall outlet? More often than not cable companies are too lazy to cut off the feed and you can still get basic cable, they just want the cable boxes back*. Or if you live in an apartment building there's no way to turn off each unit individually so most of the time you can just plug a cable into the wall outlet and get your basic package. I found that out the hard way after using over the air antennas fresh out of college. (ABC/Fox came in well in one room, CBS/NBC/PBS in another) . Then on a rainy day I just tried a spare cable I had and there it was clear as day I got almost every channel I usually watch. Worth a shot!

*I say that while Direct TV refused to come pick up the boxes we had with them OR send me a shipping label to send them back so I took a picture of the units in the trash and emailed it to them 3 months later, their response? Thank you for returning your cable boxes. Crazy.

encouraging someone to commit 'theft of services'??? so when he goes to court to face the charges, he can always say "some guy on the internet told me to"

They did, it's all digital now but "over the air" or antenna is still common lingo even for the folks selling that equipment.

That's because you still need an antenna to receive the channels. I have 2 in my attic, one for VHS and one for UHS.

The picture is WAY better than HD cable, too.

Haha, thats funny. Thanks for the advice but I had U-verse. They made me send the equipment back smile.png

I can also comment on cable companies being lazy. Years ago my dad told them to cut the cable off and they never did. He had free cable for like 10 years.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

That's because you still need an antenna to receive the channels. I have 2 in my attic, one for VHS and one for UHS.

The picture is WAY better than HD cable, too.

funny you say that. I have said the old was better then all this new HD junk they were coming out with.