Is Just 1 Playoff Win Enough For A 5 Year Tenure Of Ryan, Smith , Td ?

daybumper

I see a lot of fans just clamouring about 1 playoff win is enough? well is it . It's been a 5 year process so far under Smith and TD watch . I thought as fans we would strive for more then just a single playoff win to hang our hats on . It has been 8 years since we last won a playoff game . That year was 2004 and we handily beat the Rams in Georgia dome but is just 1 single playoff win by this grouping enough . Why not strive for a championship ? I'm sure you can look at positives from one single playoff win and use as building blocks for the future . Chances are we are going to be a #1 seed again . That is 2x over past 5 years we will have acquired the 1 seed . Is just 1 single playoff win enough ? It's not easy winning a championship but as fans we should strive for wanting more then just one single playoff win . Maybe just that 1 will boost us to go on our run

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would look as winning a playoff game as a positive step forward . As long as they keep a NFC champ game competitive but with that said its a 5 year tenure is just 1 playoff win enough is the question ? We have to look at our future as well . We have some impact veterans that are close to final stages as a Falcon . Yes we can get younger and better or possibly take a step back

with the loss of Tony G or Abe in couple of years

remember the niners dynasty? they did it in steps, same here . first become relevant in December , then be in position to get in playoffs, win a playoff game, go to nfc championship, go to superbowl, i'd rather build a good team for years to come than be a one year wonder( ie tampa, No, arizona)

i think they are doing it right, how could we as fans complain if the team is getting better and better every year.

sure they were, have they been back in the nfc championship since. both have back tracked since winning the super bowl, has tampa even made the playoffs since?

no orleans has had a one and done and probably missing this year , nothing close to the old dallas or niners teams

Edited by newgafatboy

sure they were, have they been back in the nfc championship since. both have back tracked since winning the super bowl, has tampa even made the playoffs since?

Tampa was building to a Super Bowl . They were a playoff team prior to them just making Super Bowl same with Saints .

One year wonders are like what Falcons did in 98' out of blue unexpected

Tampa and New Orleans werent one year wonders

Of course they were. Unlike those who complain about our lack of success in the playoffs, anything short of a Super Bowl is lacking success. It's not even a relative issue. We were as successful as anybody but the Cards in '09, Pack in '11, and Giants last year because they got there and nobody else did.

Is one win enough? No. But I'm more than happy to know that we have the opportunity to win year in and year out. The chance to be great trumps up knowing that you're not every day of the week. Ryan and Smitty are by FAR the best QB/coach combination we have had because they raised the bar of what makes us unhappy.

No. Clearly, any reasonable fan would say if we don't win the Super Bowl this season, Smitty and all the coaching staff should be fired, Ryan should be traded, Dimitroff should be fired, and the entire team blown up.

I mean, that's what a successful team would do, right? Am I right?

one would be fine and dandy How bout you ? you want more then one ?

Let me address this topic bluntly. Under no circumstances whatsoever am I in favor of Arthur Blank even giving thought to the idea of replacing TD, Mike Smith, or Matt Ryan. Period. End of story.

I think the suggestion of it is effing ********.

No. Clearly, any reasonable fan would say if we don't win the Super Bowl this season, Smitty and all the coaching staff should be fired, Ryan should be traded, Dimitroff should be fired, and the entire team blown up.

I mean, that's what a successful team would do, right? Am I right?

No reasonable fan would suggest this if we have playoff success but if we don't have playoff success this season it's understandable why some fans would want to move on from either TD, Smith or Ryan.. it will be 5 years and no playoff success = something is wrong and needs some change

Let me address this topic bluntly. Under no circumstances whatsoever am I in favor of Arthur Blank even giving thought to the idea of replacing TD, Mike Smith, or Matt Ryan. Period. End of story.

I think the suggestion of it is effing ********.

I don't think anyone is replacing anyone . I'm saying is just 1 single playoff win enough ?

Are you happy just to have 1 single playoff win as a fan or do you want more