John Michaels / Lamar Holmes

falcon68

i was listening to the john michaels show on "790 the zone" on my way home from work. he works for the falcons in some capacity, in addition to his radio show. he is always on the side lines during the games. he commented that towards the end of the game holmes got some action. i didn't notice this on TV, but john said he was pushing the D all around and it really caught his attention how good he looked.

did any of yall see this, or is john embelishing a bit???

I saw this on the ALL 22, Holmes reminds me of Jason Peters for the Eagles. Who some consider to be the best LT in the league. Holmes was blowing people off the ball. The moved Knoz to center and brought Mike Johnson in at guard. Holmes played the tight end tackle spot and was blowing people off the ball I was impressed. I future line will be able to run the ball.

I think it was Dave Archer yesterday who said that Holmes drove JPP back about 6 yards one time. I didn't see it, but wish I could. I forgot to record the best game we have played in years and then drank too much to remember it clearly.

that was my problem. i was pretty torn-up by that point of the game and was running around yelling and acting a fool. my bro was worse off than me. we high-fived and he fell backwards and knocked over an end table and broke my wifes favorite lamp. it was bad. i don't really remember the end of the game.

I think it was Dave Archer yesterday who said that Holmes drove JPP back about 6 yards one time. I didn't see it, but wish I could. I forgot to record the best game we have played in years and then drank too much to remember it clearly.

i feel ya. me and my bears fan buddy got kicked out of a buffalo wild wings for like the 20th time. at least this time we didnt start a food fight though lol

He played as TE in the jumbo package instead of Hawely. Holmes played on both right and left side as TE, mostly against Tuck and Kiwanuka. He pushed JPP on the snelling run which went to the outside. I hope Holmes remains active after Hwley comes back next week.

Edited by falcons007

Yea he faced Tuck (mostly) and Jpp (on the last play before the kneel down) .... I have high hopes for Holmes... He got some movement in the run game...You can tell there is some athleticism there and a big body that can grow into something as a tackle.

Holmes is a big tackle. This may turn out to be one of the biggest draft finds by TD.

this is very encouraging. i'm glad we didn't force these guys into the rotation too soon. we have brought them along slowly (especially holmes).

what do yall see in the near future??? maybe:

baker - blalock - konz - clabo - holmes

this would be a nice OL. we would still have johnson, reynolds and hawley for back-ups, subs and special packages.

what about a "jumbo" package with that line, johnson as a TE and reynolds as FB with our new starting RB(??) behind all that azz.

Edited by falcon68

That's great to hear about Holmes. I liked the pick once I saw it made. He has a lot of size and potential. The fact that he had a good showing against the Giants DLine is encouraging. @falcon68 I suggested that line a while back. It would save us the need to draft an OLineman early because we know Clabo can play RG. That would be a vicious right side of the line with bookends for Matt.

i was listening to the john michaels show on "790 the zone" on my way home from work. he works for the falcons in some capacity, in addition to his radio show. he is always on the side lines during the games. he commented that towards the end of the game holmes got some action. i didn't notice this on TV, but john said he was pushing the D all around and it really caught his attention how good he looked.

did any of yall see this, or is john embelishing a bit???

I saw it but all the linemen were pushing the G-Men around late in the game. They were worn out.