Matt Bosher

north falcon

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just wondering. Is this guy any good? I feel like he stinks. I honestly don't much attention to punting, but I feel like every time he punts I say to myself "what kind of punt was that?" and every time the other team punts I say to myself "that was a nice punt". I think he punted from the ATL 45 on Sunday and the Giants fair caught it at their 20.

Like I said, I don't pay much attention to punting and I can name about 2 or 3 punters in the league, but could a different punter give our defense about 20 yards per game of better field position?

I'm ready to be flamed for starting a thread about a punter....IF anyone bothers to read it ph34r.png

he was one of the unsung hero's this Sunday imo....he kicked kick after kick to the back of the endzone, making Wilson, who TORTURED the Saints the week before have to call for touchbacks every time almost and if he did take it out , it was a mistake and he was tackled inside the 20.

Thanks guys. I haven't seen too many coffin corners from him. I understand it's hard to do and probably a lost art.

former punter here. It is a lost art because todays kickers have learned how to kick with minimal forward bounce. in fact most kickers can make a ball SIT or bounce a yard backwards. You really wont see many corner punts from anyone in the NFL anymore- maybe college.

Obviously Bosher can do some place-kicking because he clearly handles our kickoffs, but I have a question: during the last game of the year, assuming everything is wrapped up, would it make since for the Falcons to give Bosher a "game rep" attempt at a FG? I know this is very small, and unlikely, but if Bryant got hurt DURING a playoff game, someone would have to handle the kicking. Seems to make sense to me provided the opportunity arises. I would liken it to a baseball team giving an emergency catcher an inning or two behind the plate in the last few games of the season just in case the rare situation comes that you need that person.

Just a thought, anyone agree?

Obviously Bosher can do some place-kicking because he clearly handles our kickoffs, but I have a question: during the last game of the year, assuming everything is wrapped up, would it make since for the Falcons to give Bosher a "game rep" attempt at a FG? I know this is very small, and unlikely, but if Bryant got hurt DURING a playoff game, someone would have to handle the kicking. Seems to make sense to me provided the opportunity arises. I would liken it to a baseball team giving an emergency catcher an inning or two behind the plate in the last few games of the season just in case the rare situation comes that you need that person.

Just a thought, anyone agree?

nope

I understandwhat you mean HOWEVER you also dont want to hurt your main punter by giving him field goal reps. he is harder to replace than bryant

nope

I understandwhat you mean HOWEVER you also dont want to hurt your main punter by giving him field goal reps. he is harder to replace than bryant

That makes sense. As unlikely as it is that Bosher would get hurt, it is equally as unlikely that Bryant would get hurt during a game in the future, so why do it? Good call.

former punter here. It is a lost art because todays kickers have learned how to kick with minimal forward bounce. in fact most kickers can make a ball SIT or bounce a yard backwards. You really wont see many corner punts from anyone in the NFL anymore- maybe college.

Steve Weatherford is pretty good at it.

Not trying to be a butthole, but I am. This is the problem with alot of our posters here. They are expecting these highlight espn top 10 type of plays each week and when they don't happen it automatically equals such and such player sucks. This type of thread is the direction that this board has taken. Posters who don't know don't ask instead they assume the worst without even knowing the whole story. For someone to create this type of thread about expecting coffin corner kicks and when they don't see them says our punter sucks makes me think that they don't know much about football or don't watch the games. This is some bullshiznic