Thought About The Lions Game.

Tuggle'2

I was just thinking about the Lions game and how we match up. The amazingly perfect match up for us is they have no running game at all. That is like a gift from above for this team. While our run defense has gotten better it is still our defensive weakness.

I saw the thread about us being able to shutdown CJ. Well with Nolan and his success this year with traditional pocket QBs and no running game to worry about!?!

I really like our chances on Saturday night. I know the Lions are going to give us their best , I just feel we out class them by far and walk away with the W.

I am thinking 27 - 14.

No need to mess around, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons do. dry.png

With them being so dam one sided and Nolan's ability to stuff pocket QBs we better at least show up defensively like normal. They have absolutely zero run game. I just hope the offense took the Giants game as a way to shake off what ever it was making them play badly and show up to.

http://profootballta...from-last-year/

Falcons say no bad blood with Lions from last year

Posted by Josh Alper on December 18, 2012, 3:05 PM EST

mattryanatlantafalconsvdetroitlionsvlsnqchlrr6l.jpg?w=250 Getty Images

Earlier this year, Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh drew the ire of Colts guard Mike McGlynn for appearing to celebrate after Suh’s block forced Colts tackle Winston Justice out of the game with an injury.

Suh denied that he was celebrating the injury, but it wasn’t the first time his reaction to an injured opponent led to heated words from one of the injured players’ opponents. Suh and Lions defensive end Cliff Avril got slammed by members of the Falcons last year for allegedly taunting Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan while he was hurt on the turf. The Lions players denied that and accused Falcons offensive linemen of playing dirty in an incident that would be forgotten the next month after Suh’s stomp on Thanksgiving Day against the Packers.

The Lions and Falcons meet in Detroit on Saturday night, which could be an opportunity to renew hostilities. The Falcons aren’t looking to stoke the flames, however. Coach Mike Smith said the incident “wasn’t a big deal” and said it would have no bearing on who wins this year’s game between the teams. Ryan also isn’t looking to revisit what happened last year.

“That’s a long time ago, and we’re a different football team right now; they’re a different football team,” Ryan said, via Josh Katzenstein of the Detroit News. “I have no idea (what they said). I was just kind of collecting myself, trying to get myself back onto the field, so I have no idea.”

With the Falcons securing home-field advantage in the NFC with a victory, they probably don’t need to rehash something from more than a year ago to find motivation this week. The Lions might need some, though. They haven’t shown much motivation during the six-game losing streak they carry into this game.

I have a feeling if something like that happens again this year our much more angry team will exact some revenge.

No star reciever or RB have put up big numbers on us.

That is the genius of Mike Nolan. Regardless of what it is, he knows how to take away what an offense does best. He forces you to go off the gameplan and win through secondary options. CJ and Stafford are incredible, but if they win it will be due to something or someone else stepping up to the challenge.

I am thinking another close game with basic and Vanilla play calling on both offense and defense. I don't think the Falcons should show anything new on the film.

I just don't see Detroit's offense getting on a roll. Nolan has been really good at stopping top weapons. Basically just cover CJ and try and kill Stafford would be my game plan. I am sure it would work.

Looking at the Lions statistically, it's kind of hard to figure out why there record is so bad. Second in the NFL in total offense, and 12th in defense. I think they've just made a lot of critical mistakes at bad times and also have had a little bad luck. I doubt this game is easy.

Looking at the Lions statistically, it's kind of hard to figure out why there record is so bad. Second in the NFL in total offense, and 12th in defense. I think they've just made a lot of critical mistakes at bad times and also have had a little bad luck. I doubt this game is easy.

They are certainly perfectly capable of ruining the evening if we let them .........

Yea the stats don't quite match their record for sure. Its just that they are so one dimensional. I just think this game is a scenario that has Nolan drooling. They have no run game at all. He is a pocket passer with only 1 real weapon. Now his one weapon is a freak of nature for sure. I just think our defense shuts them down , maybe not easily but shuts them down none the less.

Yea the stats don't quite match their record for sure. Its just that they are so one dimensional. I just think this game is a scenario that has Nolan drooling. They have no run game at all. He is a pocket passer with only 1 real weapon. Now his one weapon is a freak of nature for sure. I just think our defense shuts them down , maybe not easily but shuts them down none the less.

-9 turnover differential ...