Did Snelling Just Earn More Playing Time?

egoprime II

One thing about the Giants game I noticed. Snelling came in late in the game and was running the ball like he was on a mission. True the Giants' D had been on the field for awhile, so they were probably tired out some, but still...those runs by Jason put a big-time punctuation mark on that dominating win.

Snelling has been effective with those inside shovel passes all year. He also was very effective a couple years back when Turner was out. Is it time for Snelling to get the ball a bit more often earlier in games?

I say we do what we did in the Giants game. Just keep spreading the ball out to everyone. Use all 4 backs , the receivers , the TEs , the Fullback , everyone. We keep the ball spread that much defenses will not be able to stop it. There are simply to many options on where to go.

Glad you brought it up about the four RBs, because Cox did have a nice catch and gain didn't he...

Glad you brought it up about the four RBs, because Cox did have a nice catch and gain didn't he...

Yea , Cox did the flip over the DB and actually could of kept on going but dont think he realized he wasn't touched. I was ecstatic to see Smith get a carry. To bad it was called back from a penalty.

I say we do what we did in the Giants game. Just keep spreading the ball out to everyone. Use all 4 backs , the receivers , the TEs , the Fullback , everyone. We keep the ball spread that much defenses will not be able to stop it. There are simply to many options on where to go.

Agree. Koetter did an excellent job of opening stuff up. I like the way he is running backs out there for entire series. Kinda puts it on them to earn more playing time, but gives them some plays for rhythm purposes.

But, regardless if we win Super Bowl, we need to either draft or sign a replacement for turner. He is just a plodding guy with skillet hands

Snelling has been a little nicked up this season. he is a really underrated do it all back. we have all complained about Turner this year me included, but at least he is healthy. going into the playoffs with all the back healthy, fresh with out any dead legs i think is gonna be huge.

I remember he lost a little weight in the off season, too. It seems like has more burst with the strength. Could be huge asset if used correctly.

Did the giants have backups in?

I don't think they did. But what is so damm frustrating is that JS has come into games and performed like this before, and still got relegated back to the bench. I dunno.

IMO - for next year, give me Snelling and Rodgers and we're in good shape with the two different styles and both have the more aggressive running style. Plus - they can both catch the football, so regardless of who's in the game, the screen is always in play. In other words, the other team wouldn't sniff out a screen because ATL brought in their "pass catching RB".........

Edited by rightsaidfred

I don't think they did. But what is so damm frustrating is that JS has come into games and performed like this before, and still got relegated back to the bench. I dunno.

IMO - for next year, give me Snelling and Rodgers and we're in good shape with the two different styles and both have the more aggressive running style. Plus - they can both catch the football, so regardless of who's in the game, the screen is always in play. In other words, the other team wouldn't sniff out a screen because ATL brought in their "pass catching RB".........

The only issue I have with Snelling is he fumbles the ball more than I'd like to see.

The only issue I have with Snelling is he fumbles the ball more than I'd like to see.

I'm not trying to start an argument here, and I don't think that Snelling is faultless. But to your point:

Snelling - 2 lost fumbles in 310 carries = fumble lost every 155 carries

Turner - 10 lost fumbles in 1585 carries = fumble lost every 158.5 carries

Yea, you can't really credit Snelling too much due to the fact Snelling was rested while the Giants defense was tired embarrassed and just wanted the game to end. I still think we should use Snelling more but you can't use this garbage time two minute drill as credit. He should replace Turner on short yard situations non the less. he just runs with so much more attitude.

I would bet that Smitty lit up the meetings rooms last week. I guarantee the coaches were not happy how the team played against Carolina. This whole team played with an attitude against the Giants.

I will actually be at my in-laws in Michigan on Saturday not getting in til after the game starts.(wish I had tickets) so hopefully I will be able to rub it in a little bit when the Falcons run all over them