Looks Like Grimes May Stay With Us.

I've seen pictures of him and D-Rob shopping together. Also his wife is completely redesigning his man cave. Not to mention he wears falcons apperral daily and even love his team mates. I just dont seem him relocating and starting over this late in his career. I believe he will take less money.

Edited by Ziggy

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen pictures of him and D-Rob shopping together. Also his wife is completely redesigning his man cave. Not to mention he wears falcons apperral daily and even love his team mates. I just dont seem him relocating and starting over this late in his career. I believe he will take less money.

I would take Brent for cheap but the guy needs to stay healthy

Wherever he goes it will be on a less expensive short term contract. He is going to have to prove to his next team--whether it be us or someone else--that he can still play at a high level.

Unfortunately for him, even if he is completely recovered by next year, he will be 30 in July with speed and athleticism as his main assets. Unfortunately for him, those are the first to go, and as they decline, his lack of height will be exponentially exposed.

With that said, if he (and his wife) are willing to do that short term cheaper contract, I'd do it. You never can have enough CBs in this increasingly passing league (for teams not named the Jets, Cardinals, and Chiefs sadly), and if he can play well, he'd be better than the very average Dunta Robinson.

Whatever the case, McClain (and even Owens) sure have risen up, so I'd be comfortable if Grimes does move on elsewhere.

Edited by I Am The Truth

I'd rather invest in the D-Line or LB corps than resign Grimes. And this is coming from a Grimes fan.

I can't fault the Falcons if they look in another direction. If the market for him is a one year deal at 3 mil, I hope they give him a shot to come back. But I can see them going more than that with the guy recovering from that injury. He's probably not going to be the same guy.

I guess this is a good position for the F/O to be in. McClain definitely has stepped up & to a lesser extent Owens,so Grimes has now become expendable. Like most i would like to have him back, but that's only based on some of the freakish plays we've seen him make.I'm not certain if he is still that player, but I did respect his hustle on the field, he went hard every play,so for that I'd like to see the Falcons give him a shot,but since we all know that "C.R.E.A.M." it has to be a good price. If some team steps up & offers him ridiculous cash, the Birds have to let him walk.

Guest facelessman07

I think the team has shown we don't need Grimes. I doubt we may any offer at this point. Dunta and Asante have been pretty good this year and McClain and even Owens look good in relief

It will be interesting to see how Dunta's contract is handled and if that plays in with the situation with Grimes. 10 million is a LOT for next year

Guest facelessman07

I'm betting Robinson will restructure next year. He'll take less over being released and having to take what he can get based on the last three seasons. It's in his best interest to hedge his bets by taking a restructured deal.

And I hope you are right