Y'all Come On Down Now, Ya Hear?

I'm pretty sure we will get HFA throughout the NFC playoffs. Many of our good TATF posters are worried about who we might play in the playoffs. I'm not. Not at all.

I expect the NFCCG to go down some time in January at 1 Georgia Dome Drive, Atlanta Georgia 30313. If I was a fan of any of the NFC playoff hopeful teams the last place I would want to go is The Georgia Dome. That includes SF and GB fans.

Folks we're sick, tired and need rest. Coaches, players and fans. Come on down. We're gonna egg your bus. Then we're gonna beat your as and send you back home to watch the playoffs on TV.

We're 11-0 in the Dome since 11/20/11. Our QB is 33-4 in the Dome. His four losses were nail biters like 4, 3, 3, and 11 points to DEN, NO and GB. We've exorcised two of those demons this year. One more to go.

We have whipped winning teams in the Georgia Dome like NYG, DEN and DAL this year. Beat vaunted QBs like Peyton, Eli, Brees, Romo, Cam, you name it. Come on down folks. We'll be ready. Trust me.

The only team that ever handled us in the Dome was GB in the playoffs. Our coaches all but admitted we weren't prepared in that game. They have vowed to show up this time. I am confident they will. Come on down cheeseheads. Free discount double checks at aisle 101.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is our year.

Nearly everyone discounted us all year. When they finally had to aknowledge us they said we couldn't win in the playoffs. The Falcons are quietly on the cusp of HFA. Our boys are legit.

Load up on your favorite antiacid boys........that N'awlins' food is spicy!

A SB win would be off the chain awesome.....but winning one inside the Saints building and filling their city with thousands of falcon fans goin off like Lindsey Lohan on G and vodka shooters...

Would be one of my top five happiest most freakin awesome moments ever...right behind nekkid twister and date night with the wifey at Pink Pony.

I'm pretty sure we will get HFA throughout the NFC playoffs. Many of our good TATF posters are worried about who we might play in the playoffs. I'm not. Not at all.

I expect the NFCCG to go down some time in January at 1 Georgia Dome Drive, Atlanta Georgia 30313. If I was a fan of any of the NFC playoff hopeful teams the last place I would want to go is The Georgia Dome. That includes SF and GB fans.

Folks we're sick, tired and need rest. Coaches, players and fans. Come on down. We're gonna egg your bus. Then we're gonna beat your as and send you back home to watch the playoffs on TV.

We're 11-0 in the Dome since 11/20/11. Our QB is 33-4 in the Dome. His four losses were nail biters like 4, 3, 3, and 11 points to DEN, NO and GB. We've exorcised two of those demons this year. One more to go.

We have whipped winning teams in the Georgia Dome like NYG, DEN and DAL this year. Beat vaunted QBs like Peyton, Eli, Brees, Romo, Cam, you name it. Come on down folks. We'll be ready. Trust me.

The only team that ever handled us in the Dome was GB in the playoffs. Our coaches all but admitted we weren't prepared in that game. They have vowed to show up this time. I am confident they will. Come on down cheeseheads. Free discount double checks at aisle 101.

Dam straight! This team that TD has put together can beat anybody.

WOW !!!!

I could not have said it any better myself.

A SB win would be off the chain awesome.....but winning one inside the Saints building and filling their city with thousands of falcon fans goin off like Lindsey Lohan on G and vodka shooters...

Would be one of my top five happiest most freakin awesome moments ever...right behind nekkid twister and date night with the wifey at Pink Pony.

QFT

Trust me or not, this is the post of the day. Very well said, sir!

I think this team has doubted itself over the past four and a half years despite all the regular season success. Roddy admitted in earlier years the players were scared of some of the top teams and consciously hoped they would be able to avoid them. There was a lingering aura of timidity and uncertainty around and within the team despite its excellent record that has been constantly reinforced from the start of the season by the national media. As the season has worn on they'd become mentally spent from the close, heart-breaking loss to the Saints, the close calls to bottom-feeder teams like the Raiders and Cards, then came the stunning beat-down to the trash-talking 3-9 Panthers.

We now know that defeat changed this Falcon team, and filled them with a fierce determination to do whatever it would take to shut up the media, the doubters and wipe the arrogant smirk off the faces of teams who took them so lightly. The Giants were the perfect first target of opportunity for a team that had gotten sick and tired of listening to the insults and being disrespected by other teams. The Giants never knew they'd walked into a buzzsaw until it was 24-0 and they were getting dominated in all phases of the game. They hadn't taken a beating like they received at the hands of the Falcons since 1996. The Falcons hadn't played a game in so dominating fashion over a defending Super Bowl champion ever.

When the Falcons walked off the field after the biggest win any of the current players had ever experienced, I didn't see any of the childish dancing around or giddy celebrations. They were quiet, composed, very aware of the magnitude of the internal transformation that had brought them from the degradation of the Panthers game to the certain knowledge and confidence borne of the domination of the Giants that they are now a team that no longer has anything to fear. They now know there are no teams in the NFC or the NFL they can't dominate if they work like they did in practice this week, if they prepare to play at their highest level like they prepared this week, if they rely on each other and play the way they are capable of playing. They finally have realized they don't have to play like supermen, or for all of them to have the game of their lives on any given Sunday to be among the best in the league. All they have to do is play with confidence, rely on the talent and determination that sustained them even when they were battling inner demons of doubt and uncertainty as individuals and as team mates.

They finally realize just how good they are and with that knowledge, they realize they can actually win the Super Bowl. It's become a goal they now know is within their grasp. I think they've grown up as a team over the past week. I don't think they'll ever look back or fall back into that same brand of tentativeness or uncertainty again the rest of the season. I think we'll see them prove their new-found confidence and killer instinct by traveling to Detroit and putting a three-touchdown beat-down on the Lions on national television. Not because they're concerned any more about the national media, but because they now know they have a team too good for the mediocre Detroit Lions to be able to compete against. They will bury the Lions and shut up a few more pundits and ratchet up the fear in the other NFL play-off teams that will be watching Saturday night.

Teams that would have smirked and laughed about playing the Falcons a week ago, will be watching with the unhappy realization this Falcon team has morphed into a confident, grimly determined predator that feasts on any and every team that dares to show its face in the Georgia Dome. And they'll frown and feel that first tinge of real fear and uncertainty as they ponder their play-off chances against the Falcons for the first time in their history. And suddenly the world won't be as bright and rosy as it was just a couple of weeks before for every team that could face the Falcons in the play-offs. It's a whole new ball game for the Falcons.... and for their opponents as well.

Edited by PokerSteve

I think the Falcons will handle buisiness this time. This team has grown up a lot the past few seasons and Roddy's comments earlier echo that.

Our pass game has been terrific just about the whole season, and the line and run game have stepped up significantly in recent weeks (excluding the panthers debacle).

The most impressive thing about this team to me is the leap the pass D has taken this season. Fewest TD's allowed and 4th most INTs in the league. Pretty cool considering the fact that we heard so much talk about how we'd heard so much talk about how all the pro bowl QBs we'd face this year were going to light us up. We still have a ways to go, but the improvement of what has been our achilles heel in the smitty era is promising. Run D has also been stout as well (again, excluding the panthers debacle sleep.png )

A quick thought..I think it's entirely possible that the Falcons were looking past the Panthers and towards the showdown with them G-men and got caught with their pants down in Charlotte. They were humiliated by the Panthers but me thinks that worked out well. It seems the smack-talkin' Panties have awakened a sleeping giant. happy.png

Guest Negatorris

A quick thought..I think it's entirely possible that the Falcons were looking past the Panthers and towards the showdown with them G-men and got caught with their pants down in Charlotte. They were humiliated by the Panthers but me thinks that worked out well. It seems the smack-talkin' Panties have awakened a sleeping giant. happy.png

I said this after the game last week. I kept guaranteeing a win over the Giants, but I never thought for the life of me we'd completely dismantle the defending champs. The Panties game was sandwiched in between a big game against our most hated rival, and a huge game against the team that embarrassed us in the playoffs. Nothing more. That was their first win against us in over 3 years.

One other reason I believe we win a playoff game is because these Falcons have been breaking recent trends.

0-3 on MNF

Made possibly the best QB in NFL history look like a complete rookie.

Haven't won in PHI in over 20 years.

Easily knocked the Iggles into disarray.

Known for crumbling under the spotlight.

3-0 in primetime games so far.

Romo had the best Novemeber record in the NFC.

Falcons gave no fks..

Usually allow Brees to take advantage of us.

Embarrassed him under the national stage.

Haven't beaten the Giants at home in over 30 years, and coming off an embarrassing playoff lost to the same team.

Shut them out, and stomped all over em with ease. Gave a SB champion their worst loss EVER! And gave the Giants their worst loss EVER in FRANCHISE HISTORY!

A year ago, and even two years ago this team would have no done that. We are on the way to big things in ATL.

That's my theory as well. The Panthers sparked the tipping point for this team to turn from prey to predator in attitude. Who was it that first said, "Attitude is everything." I think they're right, at least in this case.

The mental part of most professional sports like the NFL, MLB, etc. is what it takes for a team to go out and perform with a worthy opponent and relish the thought of such a matchup. The best step it up when the intensity of a matchup demands it.

Falcons have been doing that very thing year. Every game here in is big week after week. Time to claim some playoff wins now and get to the Super Bowl. One victim at a time. Beast mode!

That's my theory as well. The Panthers sparked the tipping point for this team to turn from prey to predator in attitude. Who was it that first said, "Attitude is everything." I think they're right, at least in this case.

Every game is different. Our problems against the Panters stemmed from not converting on 3rd downs in the first half. Converting a couple of 3rd downs early on and it's a whole new game.

One game doesn't define a team but the azz pounding we put on the Gmen should go a long way for our team's confidence going forward.

With the noise and defense feeding off each other in the playoffs this year in the Dome....we could be deadly.