Oh, Gotham, Alas How Mightily Doth Your Team Sucketh!

PokerSteve

I'm watching NFL Network and they were airing some Giants fans who were calling in to some radio show about the Giants-Falcons game. It was clear from the comments the Giants fans are absolutely devastated. They couldn't have been more shocked and appalled if their team had lost 34-0 to a girls high school soccer team yesterday. These fans were waaaay worse than we were after the Panther game, because they really do take the national sports media perspective on us as the absolute gospel truth. The Falcons are just cannon fodder. They find it impossible to believe the Falcons are even in the same league as the Giants, so when we beat them 34-zip, their whole world came crashing down around their collective "big-city" ears. A couple of the last comments were, "about a dozen of these players shouldn't be on this team next year," and "you can stick a fork in this team, they're done." But seeing the words doesn't come close to capturing the overwhelming disgust and disbelief in their voices. It was really entertaining. I'm still laughing. Just wanted to share a little Giant fan agony with everybody. To those poor, wretched Giant fans, this was not a body blow, this wasn't a mugging, this was crossing an apparently empty street and suddenly seeing a locomotive bearing down on you from 20 feet away.

bwahahahAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

Edited by PokerSteve

I went to the Giants board to get some reaction. I didn't see anybody giving the Falcons any credit whatsoever. At least the Redskins and Cowboys were very respectful. They acknowledge ATL as a good team. Not the Giants fans. On the radio this morning they were like this was a let down game, Giants didn't show up. You about yea close to being out of the playoffs all together you picked a he11 of time to not show up.

lol .. I saw that Steve. The one guy called in screaming about firing 11 different guys. That was pretty funny. You are right the fact that we won 34-0 totally blew some minds up in the NYC. They were all like that doosh bag who lost the 22k and posted the video about how they would woop our azz. It was simply impossible for them to lose that game in their minds. I am really enjoying myself today.

lol .. I saw that Steve. The one guy called in screaming about firing 11 different guys. That was pretty funny. You are right the fact that we won 34-0 totally blew some minds up in the NYC. They were all like that doosh bag who lost the 22k and posted the video about how they would woop our azz. It was simply impossible for them to lose that game in their minds. I am really enjoying myself today.

I swear every anguished yelp I hear from a disillusioned Giants fan is like sitting down to a steak dinner and an ice-cold beer for me. laugh.png

I went to the Giants board to get some reaction. I didn't see anybody giving the Falcons any credit whatsoever. At least the Redskins and Cowboys were very respectful. They acknowledge ATL as a good team. Not the Giants fans. On the radio this morning they were like this was a let down game, Giants didn't show up. You about yea close to being out of the playoffs all together you picked a he11 of time to not show up.

Dave Archer called bull on this earlier today. He said the Giants were talking about how this would be like a playoff game to them.; and how important this game was to their playoff hopes as opposed to the Falcons.

Here is the thing. The Giant have won TWO SBs in the past few years, and one of them was LAST season. Any team that wins the SB should get at LEAST a 3 year if not 5 year "pass" on the fans freaking out about their play. Your team wins the SB, no complaints no matter what for at least three years. Just bask in being SB champs.

I'm watching NFL Network and they were airing some Giants fans who were calling in to some radio show about the Giants-Falcons game. It was clear from the comments the Giants fans are absolutely devastated. They couldn't have been more shocked and appalled if their team had lost 34-0 to a girls high school soccer team yesterday.

Kinda like PokerSteve after a Falcons loss.

Thanks, buddy. Some of this is absolutely GOLD! LMAO.

Yesterday's performance definitively confirms that the Giants will win the Superbowl again. It was so heinous, lifeless, clumsy and demoralizing that another ridiculous run to Lombardi is as good as guaranteed. And the comotased defensive line combined with the catatonic offensive play calling are all part of the Giants strategic plan for the big game in Feb. I attended the Skins game last year (the one where the Giants hardly showed up) and thinking 'that's it...game over'. Now I know better wink.gif.

Thanks, buddy. Some of this is absolutely GOLD! LMAO.

Yesterday's performance definitively confirms that the Giants will win the Superbowl again. It was so heinous, lifeless, clumsy and demoralizing that another ridiculous run to Lombardi is as good as guaranteed. And the comotased defensive line combined with the catatonic offensive play calling are all part of the Giants strategic plan for the big game in Feb. I attended the Skins game last year (the one where the Giants hardly showed up) and thinking 'that's it...game over'. Now I know better wink.gif.

If you ever have time check out the work of THESTONEDINVESTOR over there, hes a real good time Charley... ........I was a source of much merriment to him and his toadys last year .......fkng preeks, I got the last laugh .......smile.png

Guest Negatorris

Caught that segment too, haha.

What was even more surprising is a little bit after that Heath Evans gave the Falcons props, and I was in awe. Jaw hit the floor almost instantly.

One of my favorite clients (and a good pal) is a big Irish guy up in New Jersey. He's a huge Giants fan. He called me this afternoon.

"What the **** did your Falcons do to my boys?"

I replied "What did it look like? We kicked their azzes."

"My friend Tony owns a bar. I watched it at his place. He said the Giants didn't bring their A or B game. What game did you think they brought Tim?"

"I feel generous. Their V game.....maybe W?"

He laughed and hung up.

One of my favorite clients (and a good pal) is a big Irish guy up in New Jersey. He's a huge Giants fan. He called me this afternoon.

"What the **** did your Falcons do to my boys?"

I replied "What did it look like? We kicked their azzes."

"My friend Tony owns a bar. I watched it at his place. He said the Giants didn't bring their A or B game. What game did you think they brought Tim?"

"I feel generous. Their V game.....maybe W?"

He laughed and hung up.

Whichever letter of the alphabet game they brought, when it was over all they had to show for their visit to the dome was missing teeth, bruised egos and scorched panties.