Photo Of Wreck That Killed Brown. 12 Cowboys Out Drinking That Night

Trouble

2012-12-13-josh-brent-jerry-brown-c.jpg

A screenshot from the dashboard video taken on a Irving Police vehicle shows Josh Brent's car, right, after an accident in which Cowboys teammate Jerry Brown died. / Irving Police Department

Police in Irving, Texas, on Thursday released audio of 911 calls that first reported the accident that killed Dallas Cowboys linebacker Jerry Brown.

Authorities also released video from the dashboard of a police car that responded to the single-car wreck, which shows a white car upside down in the middle of the road.

The car was driven by Cowboys nose tackle Josh Brent, who police said drove drunk early Saturday morning, hit the curb and flipped the car, killing Brown, his teammate and roommate.

"Hi, I need a report a car accident," a woman said upon calling 911.

"Where?" said the dispatcher.

"I'm going (Highway) 114 west. It's right before O'Connor (Road),,,

Rochelle (Road) exit, on the service roadâ?¦"

"Is anybody injured?" asked the dispatcher.

Caller: "I don't know. I just drove past it. It was a car upside down and there was smoke everywhere."

Dispatcher: "OK, All right. Hang on just a second."

A dial tone and a ringing phone follow on the audio.

Dispatcher: "Are you still there, ma'am?"

"Yes."

"OK. Don't hang up. I've got an ambulance on the way."

A second female witness soon called 911 and told the dispatcher, "There's a car in the middle of the road, on fire, upside down."

Dispatcher: "Yeah, we have it. We're on the way, OK?

"OK."

Caller: "Thank you."

In a pleading tone, the caller then said, "I can't get by. I want to go home."

Dispatcher: "I'm sorry?"

"I can't even get by," the woman said. "I don't know which way to go home."

Dispatcher: "Yeah, the officers are on the way. They'll be there in just a second and start directing traffic."

Caller: "OK, thank you."

Brent was arrested for intoxication manslaughter and released Sunday on a $500,000 bond.

His blood-alcohol concentration at the time of the accident was reportedly 0.18, more than twice the legal limit in Texas.

Brent, Brown and 10 other Cowboys had gone to the popular nightclub Privae on Friday night, where the club's promoter sent messages on Twitter that night saying the booze was flowing. "These fools buying Ace on top of Ace," she tweeted, a reference to Ace of Spades champagne.

The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission is investigating the club to determine if the players were served while intoxicated, which is illegal in Texas.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2012-12-13-josh-brent-jerry-brown-c.jpg

A screenshot from the dashboard video taken on a Irving Police vehicle shows Josh Brent's car, right, after an accident in which Cowboys teammate Jerry Brown died. / Irving Police Department

Meh, it's no big deal, just business as usual in Dallas. Don't believe me, just look at Jones' response by having Brent on the sideline in yesterday's game.

SMDH

THIS PROBLEM IS NOT LIMITED TO DALLAS. EVERY TEAM HAVE THEIR LATE

NIGHT DRINKERS. MOST MAKE IT HOME. BUT SOME DON'T. IT HASN'T BEEN

THAT LONG SINCE ONE OF OUR WELL KNOWN PLAYERS WAS STOPPED AND

LOCKED-UP FOR D.U.I.

DRINKING AND DRIVING AIN'T A FOOTBALL PROBLEM, ITS A NATIONAL PROBLEM.

Your missing what DD and myself are saying. The cowboys put him on the sidelines yesterday. Jones had to defend that. Rave saw it as no big deal.

The Cowboys basically dont care what happens off the field as long as they can still play and win games. They talk all this punishment and stuff but i cant find the names of the other 10 players that where there? Wanna bet 1 was Dez?

But Rave came on here talking so hard against drinking and driving. But yet he sees no issue at all with a guy (who has been in jail for it before) being on the cowboys sideline just a week or so after killing someone with his bad choices.

If you do the crime you should do the time... But cowboys will put you on the sideline like your a mortar or a fallen hero for kids of the world to see.

Its disgusting. Jones and his punishments and his media manipulation is a joke and their fans who are hypocrites are sad.

As long as we have a shot at the playoffs... anything goes and its all good off the field. Dez needs surgery... no biggie we are in the playoffs hunt. Some gets murdered...no biggie stand on the sidelines.

Edited by danight

DRINKING AND DRIVING AIN'T A FOOTBALL PROBLEM, ITS A NATIONAL PROBLEM.

Yes, the problem is the 'special privileges' professional athletes are accustomed to. These guys have been told they're above the rules since high school. Then they go to college, where that mind-set is galvanized.

If anyone on this board killed a co-worker due to their criminal negligence, they would be in jail and their employer wouldn't embrace and defend them.

Since he's a member of the Dallas Cowboys, he's a 'minor flawed individual'(what the Cowboys beat reporter just called him on NFLN) that made a mistake.

He made a grave mistake and instead of having him go on a downward spiral of guilt and remorse that could end badly, the victim's mother and his teammates/team have chosen to help him prevent that. I don't think they are in any way condoning his actions, just making sure only one life is lost. I don't mean just death either. I think you are overreacting without considering the wishes of the ones affected.

He made a grave mistake and instead of having him go on a downward spiral of guilt and remorse that could end badly, the victim's mother and his teammates/team have chosen to help him prevent that. I don't think they are in any way condoning his actions, just making sure only one life is lost. I don't mean just death either. I think you are overreacting without considering the wishes of the ones affected.

I dont know what the mother is thinking. or the rest of his family. But 1 things for certain. Their son brother friend wont be home for Christmas because of this guy. Maybe Jones offered her a lot of money as severance from his charity. I dont know why she just forgave him. Her choice.

1 thing is absolute certain. he has 0 reason to be on that sideline. He made his bed and should sleep in it. The dream is over. Im not over reacting. Im saying he should be in jail not on national TV on the sidelines of a pro football team.

they could put him in the locker room or in a press box or somewhere else to avoid attention so players can show support. They are playing football out there. He should not have been on the sideline and its bs from Garret and Jones for allowing it.

10 other cowboys where out that night and i cant find the list of who they where any where. Out of 11 cowboys no one could say "you know maybe you had a lil to much to drive or maybe you should call a cab or anything...."

Im tired of hearing "ohhhh his mother forgave him". That doesnt mean the rest of the nation has to. This is a guy who spent time in jail 1 time already for this. He goes on to be a dallas cowboy and then gets someone killed. BS throw him in jail. He did the crime now do the time.

Jones and Garret and the other 10 cowboys should be ashamed of themself.

1) I just saw this thread.

2) I agree with Xyfiel.

3) This is a Dallas Cowboys witchhunt.

4) I don't know who the others are.

Going out drinking is fine, driving afterwards is not. Unless there is documented proof the others drove themselves home I don't see your point.

Everyone deals with crisis differently. This one has no direct impact on my life, therefore, how they handle it is none of my business. If you are concerned about football players being treated like gods due to their fame, stop being part of the problem by watching/attending football. Venting on RC isn't doing anything constructive to resolve the issue.

I value introspection over judging others whose shoes I don't walk in.

Everyone deals with crisis differently. This one has no direct impact on my life, therefore, how they handle it is none of my business. If you are concerned about football players being treated like gods due to their fame, stop being part of the problem by watching/attending football. Venting on RC isn't doing anything constructive to resolve the issue.

I value introspection over judging others whose shoes I don't walk in.

I think you have total misunderstood me and taken what i have said and put it into a different light. Lets just say had this been a falcon player.... My posts would look tame in comparison.

I don't know who the others are.

Going out drinking is fine, driving afterwards is not. Unless there is documented proof the others drove themselves home I don't see your point.

Yeah if it was the falcons, skins, giants or eagles, you would be dying to know. But since it was Cowboys... Its cool to go out drinking. No biggie. 2 drove home, you can bet they weren't the only 2 out of the 12.

Hear no evil, see no evil, ignore cowboys evil.

Yeah if it was the falcons, skins, giants or eagles, you would be dying to know. But since it was Cowboys... Its cool to go out drinking. No biggie. 2 drove home, you can bet they weren't the only 2 out of the 12.

You have no proof of that, that is just YOUR opinion without proof.

There is no evil in drinking, just ask Michael Turner and John Abraham.

Your hypocrisy...its obvious.

You have no proof of that, that is just YOUR opinion without proof.

There is no evil in drinking, just ask Michael Turner and John Abraham.

Your hypocrisy...its obvious.

So let me guess. Everyone who goes to the bar gets a cab home except the cowboys moron who kills someone? Yeah right.

I knew you couldnt resist to pull falcons in. But im sure 10 other cowboys would agree with them. Dez included.

Lets look where we both stand on the subject.

me: i say drinking and driving is going to happen just like taking prescriptionp ills that say not to drive or smoking weed and driving etc. Its part of life and its gonna happen.

You: say everyone who does drink and drive is a monster and should have their head cut off just for doing that even if they get home sefaley.

me: i have been to police parties and been invited to a FBI party (when i was young). I know how the police do it and they party just like everyone else. They even drive home drunk after official police open bar parties.

you: omgbbqsauce

me: i say they should have harder punishments for those who do mess up.

you: you say the world should have cars with breathalyzers

me: i say there is no way that guy should be on the sidelines

you: saw no big deal with him being there.

The fact is i say "know the risk and fear the punishment"

You say "put some dumb machine in cars and let the world just keep spinning after that. hey stand on the cowboys sidelines if you kill someone. its all good."

You keep 2 falcons names on the tip of your tongue just waiting to use them as a example. yet 12 cowboys go out drinking where a bartender says they are putting down bottle after bottle after bottle and 1 doesnt make it home. Yet you think everyone is on a witch hunt?

You dont even seem to care what other 10 cowboys where there. Thats the true hypocrisy here. As long as its players on your team its always gonna be a"witch hunt" or "agenda" or "you just hate them".

But let abe or tuner gor out drinking and drive and you want them lined up and shotinfront of a firining squad. You cant wait to **** them for the evil ways. But 10 other cowboys went out that night drunk like fishes and you dont even care who they where or if all of them might have drove home drunk.

hypocrisy.... crimes only matter if your team isnt in the wildcard hunt.

Edited by danight

. If you are concerned about football players being treated like gods due to their fame, stop being part of the problem by watching/attending football.

This is like saying to prevent children from drowning we should fill in every in-ground swimming pool. At what point is it okay to expect someone to be responsible for their actions??

This is like saying to prevent children from drowning we should fill in every in-ground swimming pool. At what point is it okay to expect someone to be responsible for their actions??

To what degree do we go to in order to NOT support someone that made a mistake. Punishing someone for a crime is one thing, shunning them is another.

I hope everyone that was offended by Brent being on the sideline Sunday is equally offended by Vick putting on a jersey every Sunday.

kind of like Bountygate....you wouldn't be telling your fellow Falcons fans to bend over and take it if it happened to your team but since its the Saints its ok

To what degree do we go to in order to NOT support someone that made a mistake. Punishing someone for a crime is one thing, shunning them is another.

I hope everyone that was offended by Brent being on the sideline Sunday is equally offended by Vick putting on a jersey every Sunday.

Here we go... who was the 10 cowboys that where out boozing it up that night and not one of them said "maybe you had enough". I hope you dont own any of their jerseys.

You know as well as everyone else the all probably drove home that night. But because they got away with it.... it didnt happen. Cant prove they did anything. Plausible deniability.

Here we go... who was the 10 cowboys that where out boozing it up that night and not one of them said "maybe you had enough". I hope you dont own any of their jerseys.

You know as well as everyone else the all probably drove home that night. But because they got away with it.... it didnt happen. Cant prove they did anything. Plausible deniability.

Thanks for making that clear. You dont have a list of the players and you arent owed one. You have no idea what happened that night other than Brent drove home drunk with a teammate.

This has gone on long enough and Im sick of defending the same garbage day in and day out. Youve beaten this horse to death. Please find another trolling topic.

Thanks.

Thanks for making that clear. You dont have a list of the players and you arent owed one. You have no idea what happened that night other than Brent drove home drunk with a teammate.

This has gone on long enough and Im sick of defending the same garbage day in and day out. Youve beaten this horse to death. Please find another trolling topic.

Thanks.

Funny you dont even care what happened that night. But you care about Vick, about Abe about Turner. I knew you where gonna duck and dodge the question from the start. Because its cowboys. You dont even wanna know and if you did you wouldnt tell anyone who was here.

Funny you dont even care what happened that night. But you care about Vick, about Abe about Turner. I knew you where gonna duck and dodge the question from the start. Because its cowboys. You dont even wanna know and if you did you wouldnt tell anyone who was here.

No one else broke the law that night, thats all that matters. No one else went to jail. No one else got in an accident. No one else was the cause of another's death.

The real issue here is, how many other NFL players were out drinking that same night that werent Cowboys players. Thats what you should be asking. The real issue here is how many Cowboys players you can string along on this story. Well, Ill ask you something....how many Falcons players were out drinking that night, how many of them drove home drunk?

Dont dodge the question. I want the whole list or you are just refusing to answer the question.