Redskins, Seahawks, Cowboys, Giants Or Bears - Who You Want For Falcons 1St Game Playoff Opponent?

I would rather Green Bay, Seattle or San Fran, and here's why.

I could not stand the thought of losing to Dallas (if they make it) again in a playoff game. Not that we would lose, but I was thoroughly disappointed as a child back in the 80's when we blew a huge lead and Dallas came back and won.

I don't want to see the Giants again, because the Giants are the type of team that gets in the playoffs and goes all the way.

GB and the west coast teams are tough match-ups, but were only likely to face only one of the 3 and to beat either of them would be a huge confidence booster going into the second game. Chicago doesn't stand a chance with anybody, so I doubt we'll see them.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be obvious but they can beat all of them or screw around and lose to anyone of them.

Today's heres my order but it's subject to change

1.Bears

2.Cowboys

3.Seahawks

4.Skins

5.Giants

agreed that Falcons are good enough to beat any of these teams and capable of losing to all of them as well if we don't play to our capabilities.

Assuming Falcons win 1 game and get #1 seed and Packers/Niners are #2/#3 - does not matter which:

I don't think the Cowboys are getting in. If Bears get in, they are likely playing Niners and will lose. If Giants sneak in, they go on road against Niners most likely - you never know there.

Who you want?

I would rank them in this order of desired opponent with #1 being the team I would most want to play:

1. Chicago Bears
  2. Dallas Cowboys
  3. Washington Redskins
  4. NY Giants
  5. Seattle Seahawks

I know many of you probably say Giants should be #1 since we just beat them 34-0 - but I dunno - when they put it altogether, they can be really good - obviously awful yesterday.

1.Cowboys

2.Bears

3.Seahawks

4.Redskins

5.Giants

the most entertaining game to me would most likely be the seahawks or cowboys because of their success recently so only time will tell but the 3 way tie is crazy.

Im surprised no one put Washington first. They are weak. Way more than Chicago and of course more than Seattle. Did you see that defense? And lynch can run every game. Wilson getting hotter too. They remind me to us a couple years ago

if you think Washington is 1st because of the lead they have on the Cowboys.See the Giants have lost to the Cowboys in week 1 but the Redskins beat them on turkey day so the redskins have the lead an it will all come down to the final week of the season with them 2 facing off again for a wildcard spot or a division championship. Redskins vs Cowboys that will determine who we face in the playoffs!

Assuming Falcons win 1 game and get #1 seed and Packers/Niners are #2/#3 - does not matter which:

I don't think the Cowboys are getting in. If Bears get in, they are likely playing Niners and will lose. If Giants sneak in, they go on road against Niners most likely - you never know there.

Who you want?

I would rank them in this order of desired opponent with #1 being the team I would most want to play:

1. Chicago Bears
  2. Dallas Cowboys
  3. Washington Redskins
  4. NY Giants
  5. Seattle Seahawks

I know many of you probably say Giants should be #1 since we just beat them 34-0 - but I dunno - when they put it altogether, they can be really good - obviously awful yesterday.

Cowboys

i know the Giants do not control their own destiny, and as of NOW DAL and WAS both own tie breakers over them. Thats why I said if both win this week.....then whoever wins next week will win the division regardlss of what NYG does.....that is what I gathered from the talking heads anyways.

I just know they said Giants need help now. They basically need WAS and DAL both to lose 1 of their next 2 games while they win out.

No, as long as the Giants win out, they at least get the 6 seed. So they so control their own destiny, for the most part. At 10-6, they would own a tiebreaker against a 10-6 Bears or 10-6 Vikings team.

I'd obviously most love to play Chicago or Minnesota in the Divisional Round, but I seriously doubt either could beat Green Bay in the Wild Card Round.

I think it's very likely we'll be playing either Seattle or a rematch of WAS/DAL.

All will be rough when it comes to the playoffs.

That is so true each one could give the Falcons some problems especially if the Falcons aren't on thier game. I'm stoked though the Falcons have seemed to turned the corner hopefully. At home the Birds should have an advantage(Packer debacle) not withstanding. Gonna be fun and interesting 2-3 weeks, but I do think the defense has improved enough to that they are better suited for RG3,RW,JC,TR etc.